Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting

David Sutton seems really impressive (although its early and we haven't even put pads on). He looks like a big reliable end zone target. Whats the chance that we get him to bulk about about 20lbs and convert him into a tight end?

I really think that's the plan for him.

I think hagen is going to have a huge breakout season. I think we could get alot more for chambers in a trade then booker. And if hagen explodes this season we could move chambers instead of booker.

I would rather keep him, I think he is worth more than a low round pick. One team no body seems to be mentioning as a trade partner would be Green Bay.

Allen really is going to be hit or miss, but due to our depth (or lack there of) at the CB position , he's more than likely getting alot of playing time this year

I think a guy who has the physical talent as allen does, thats exactly what he needs.

lets keep what we have....no thanks on the 6th.....booker is more reliable than hagan right now....now if we get a 3rd or more then we're talking......as for chambers-lets stop the trade talk....first he's our #1 and he had one off yr when our whole offense did....2nd he will be a mentor to ginn and cam knows this....the guys our cousins.....do u think he would split them up....dont think so

How bout we get a 6th round pick for chambers? I'm sorry to all the chamber supporters but I hated his production last year! 39% comp. All year! Hummmm......6th round maybe 5th if we lucky!

How many times do people like me have to point out the fact that it was because of lack of consistency at QB, the fact that Harrington couldn't hit the broadside of a barn over 12 yards away.

What your going to say next is that he droped to many passes. And he was horribly unproductive when thrown to. All of these questions have already been answered just take a look at the stats and how he compares with other recivers. Look at this thread it will explain it for you.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=181649&highlight=chambers

I see Booker going to the Titans for a 6th (potential 5th)
As for Saban's drafting, i couldnt agree more. The guy was a great evaluator of talent (Although i wouldnt put J. Allen in any positive lists just yet)

yea but at this point it can seem like Mueller is better if it wasn't cathing breaks with good players falling to our laps as Cam said w/out the need to trade up for em. BTW, maybe thats why hagan practices wiht the 2nd unit even tho hes impressing like crazy, booker is out n hagan takes the 2nd WR spot ala bookers n hes faster too. so you have Chambers Hagan Ginn/Kelly, then Ginn/Kelly at 4 and sutton at 5.

As for Saban's drafting, i couldnt agree more. The guy was a great evaluator of talent (Although i wouldnt put J. Allen in any positive lists just yet)

And he was our No1 pick!?! I want Allen to succeed but he isnt lighting anybodys tree up yet and i expect him to shine this season otherwise hes a squad player and not a No1 pick which makes Sabans most important choice to the team a waste of a No1 pick. Allen has to show why he was so valued THIS coming season. END OF.

We may be taking the "New England" approach with Booker...he may have a couple decent seasons left, but we may want to get some value out of him now to set us up in the future. Accumulating draft picks is why New England has been so good in this era. Someone asked earlier why we're so inclined to get low round draft picks...because that's how you build your team these days. Look at our draft this year..we had a lot of 2nd day picks and it appears we'll get some decent rewards out of those guys we picked up.
I like Marty Booker and I'm not opposed to keeping him, but if we can get a decent 5th-ish round pick for him...it may be a good move. It's funny how we go into this years draft with a lot of needs at WR and now we may be looking at trading one of our most reliable.

I know that Booker is said to be on his way out because he doesn't have the game-breaking speed that Cameron covets, but Marty had both the longest pass play and highest yards per catch on last year's team. He had some big plays down the sidelines, and get him the ball on the slant and he can run through some tackles. I think we need to keep Booker around at least until we can see through training camp whether Ginn or Hagan is ready for a starting job and if we have a deep enough group to withstand the inevitable injury or two.

How many times do people like me have to point out the fact that it was because of lack of consistency at QB, the fact that Harrington couldn't hit the broadside of a barn over 12 yards away.

What your going to say next is that he dropped to many passes. And he was horribly unproductive when thrown to. All of these questions have already been answered just take a look at the stats and how he compares with other recivers. Look at this thread it will explain it for you.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=181649&highlight=chambers
Booker's stats are off in this thread. Pass Defensed wasn't included as uncatchable for him, but was in the others. That would give him Total unmatchable=27, 55 out of 63 balls = 87.3%, not 79.7%. That makes Booker 2nd best % on the team last year, and Chambers 3rd.

Another interesting note from this post is the percentage of Passes Defensed (removed form catchable balls calculation):
Booker: 6/69 = 8.6%
Welker: 7/80 = 8.7%
Chambers: 19/89 = 21.3%
Smith: 10/108 = 9.2%
Owens: 13/122 = 10.6%
Harrison: 14/118 = 11.8%
Johnson: 9/96 = 9.3%

This was obviously Chambers problem area. A little more than twice the average of the other players listed. Almost as if he wasn't trying to get open.

Anyway, stats can be present to help any side of an argument. I want Chambers to bounce back and I think Booker is worth keeping.

Just wanted to talk about a couple tidbits

If we're to trade Marty Booker... Where would be a good home for him? Buffalo (dont like trading within the division), Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and maybe Oakland.... ? I'm not really sure that I see too many teams giving up much for him and he could be more valuable on our roster. I think it would be great to get something for him and get Hagan into the #2 spot, but if all we're going to get is a 6th round pick, I'd rather keep him.

David Sutton seems really impressive (although its early and we haven't even put pads on). He looks like a big reliable end zone target. Whats the chance that we get him to bulk about about 20lbs and convert him into a tight end?

Lastly, even though we're all supposed to hate him... I really have to tip my hat to the scouting and drafting that was done in the two years that Saban was here. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Travis Daniels, Kevin Vickerson, Jason Allen, Derek Hagan, Rodrique Wright ..... 8 players in two drafts that are starters or legit contenders behind veterans... Thats very very solid. By next year they might all be starters..

Let's not jump the gun here. Ronnie Brown was the second pick in the draft, and although the o-line has been shaky, has not lived up to the billing to this point. Matt Roth looks like a good pick, but still has yet to start or produce like a second round pick. Daniels seems to have maxed out his potential his rookie year. Vickerson and Wright have done absolutely nothing on the field yet. Hagan was alright for a rookie WR, but hardly lit it up. Jason Allen was awful last year, and apparently has looked even worse in mini-camp.

I will agree that some of these guys are set up for breakout seasons this year or have been buried behind talented veterans. I agree that Saban was one of our better drafters in recent years, but that doesn't mean anything considering the alternatives. I'd say that right now his drafts were nothing more than slightly above average and that this is the make or break year for them.

Booker was our best receiver last year, I don't know whe everyone wants to get rid of him so badly. I, for one, hope he stays and plays well for us again.

saban had a great draft his first year, and then a HORRIBLE DRAFT last year. We were a bad team without A SINGLE ROOKIE STARTER LAST YEAR!!!!! It's one thing if we were so good that none of our rooks could make the field, but we sucked last year and STILL could not get any of our rooks into the starting lineup. Worst draft since the jamar fletcher debacle.

quote]

It seems like there is a "unknown" rookie receiver EVERY offseason that "might impress" or makes people say "you better watch out for this guy". Tell that Sutton guy to go and talk to JR Tolver, Kendal Newsome, and all of the other guys that looked great in shorts but couldn't make it when it counted.

Back
Top Bottom