Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting

I really don't see why we would trade booker. He is our most reliable reciever on our team right now, even if hagan steps up and plays good this year, he can fill in the position left by wes welker in the slot and when we go 3 wide. At WR we have alot of #'s as far as talented guys, but noone that can really be relied on. Ginn is unproven at wr, hakim hasn't done much in the last few years, sutton is a project at this point, and kelly campbell still has alot to prove.

This year IMO booker is a guy we need. He is a reliable guy and most of the other wr's either need another year to develope or a year to prove that they can be depended on as a starter before we ship booker away for a low pick.

We need Booker, we cant go into the season with an all star wanna-be (Chambers) and a couple rookies (Hagan and Ginn). We need some dependability, experience and assurance!

Chambers is the experienced WR we need. As has been stated, Ted Ginn's personal mentor. Kelley Campbell is fragile for sure but he is experienced. PK Sam has learned to know his place over a few seasons. Yes, he is playing in NFL Europa, but he has been around a couple years and has been to the superbowl.

So the arguement that we need ole Marty and his wisdom and reliability doesn't really fly.

Cam's comments on Hagan and Ginn are all over the internet this weekend; talking about how he is on Hagan all the time because he can see something special in him. And with Ginn he gushes, "He is all I thought he would be and more;" and then compares him to Desmand Howard.

Many posts make the query, why does everyone want to get rid of Booker?

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of him, unlike Daunte Marty is a great guy and has produced well for the Dolphins; never the less it is expedient to do so at this TIME.

If we try to trade him now we can get something for him. Next year we would just have to release him, he'll be too old.

By trading him this summer we save his 3.5 mil salary which we do need this year so we can eat dead cap and not have to defer it until next year and thereby not have the money available during free agency.

Maybe Marty still is more effective than Hagan or Ginn or Kelly or Sam or Sutton...........................................................MAYBE NOT................

IMO, Hagan is the man, and Kelley,Ginn and Sam are all very exciting possibilities.

Sutton seems a lock for the practice sqad.

Remember we are trying to get younger and faster as a team. The infusion of youth. Mueller wants speed.

The Titans haven't been able to find their veteran WR. Keyshawn left them high and dry. Green Bay is a possibility, they know well of Marty's past exploits in Chicago. New Orleans has lost Meachem for most of the season.

A sixth round draft pick is nothing to sneeze at. It may be part of a package we use to move up in the draft and acquire the next superstar TE next year.
Or LT or DB.

I doubt the Dolphins are fielding significant offers for Marty Booker. He's better off on the roster than off it. He's a consumate professional, and will be one of the easiest guys to switch to the Zampese playbook. Chambers will be hot and cold when it comes to adapting to the Cameron way of things. Booker will take to it easily because that is the kind of veteran he is, a lot like Keenan McCardell in San Diego.

Patience is a virtue, when it comes to both Derek Hagan and Ted Ginn Jr. As Cameron said, when a guy is getting open consistently, a good quarterback knows it and will start feeding him more often. Hagan and Ginn will increase their own production just by being good. Eventually they may make Booker expendable, but it would be a little foolish to assume so without first seeing it play out that way in PADS let alone during actual games.

Booker will be a big help for us in 2007. By 2008, he's likely off to a better situation. Then again, maybe not. It's up to Hagan and Ginn. Nothing's going to just be handed to them.

every year there is a player that turns heads in ota n camps even preseason n some how gets cut near the end .last year it was gibson when was the last player off the practice squad that made this team as a starter

Just wanted to talk about a couple tidbits

If we're to trade Marty Booker... Where would be a good home for him? Buffalo (dont like trading within the division), Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and maybe Oakland.... ? I'm not really sure that I see too many teams giving up much for him and he could be more valuable on our roster. I think it would be great to get something for him and get Hagan into the #2 spot, but if all we're going to get is a 6th round pick, I'd rather keep him.

David Sutton seems really impressive (although its early and we haven't even put pads on). He looks like a big reliable end zone target. Whats the chance that we get him to bulk about about 20lbs and convert him into a tight end?

Lastly, even though we're all supposed to hate him... I really have to tip my hat to the scouting and drafting that was done in the two years that Saban was here. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Travis Daniels, Kevin Vickerson, Jason Allen, Derek Hagan, Rodrique Wright ..... 8 players in two drafts that are starters or legit contenders behind veterans... Thats very very solid. By next year they might all be starters..

I'd only trade Booker if it was higher than a 5th and definitely out of the division (meaning the Patsies who seem to be signing and trading for every WR in the league). Still, he was our most consistent WR. Hagan still needs time to develop.

I like David Sutton. He's got the kind of specs you want to see in a WR and he could fill the role Vincent Jackson, who's contribution was grossly underrrated, played in San Diego. He's a bit raw so PS is likely and maybe a conversion to TE is likely. Him and PK Sams are my frontrunners to make the team at WR because of their size and end-zone abilities.

Saban was a good scouter espsecially on defense, not so much on offense. Brown was a no-brainer (unless you count Rick Speilman) and Hagan is still unproven. Saban was just not good with existing players (i.e. Daunte Culpepper, LJ Shelton (at LT anyways), etc.

How bout we get a 6th round pick for chambers? I'm sorry to all the chamber supporters but I hated his production last year! 39% comp. All year! Hummmm......6th round maybe 5th if we lucky!

I think that there's a great chance that Chambers comes through for us this year. I love the enthusiasm that I saw in him at mini camp, I think that he is taking to Cameron 's coaching nicely. Chambers, Hagan, Ginn, Booker, Campbell, maybe Sutton- things are looking good on the OL front. Please Chris, no more teasing. I'm actually starting to have a little bit of faith in him.

How bout we get a 6th round pick for chambers? I'm sorry to all the chamber supporters but I hated his production last year! 39% comp. All year! Hummmm......6th round maybe 5th if we lucky!

Don't you think it might have had something to do with the QB play we had ? :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom