Booker traded for 4th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker traded for 4th

Its no big deal, probably did'nt fit in their plans , happens all the time, we'll get Kevin Smith, thats an improvement over Booker.

I just hope brown is going to be near the same level as he was before that injury, i think the RB position is like the QB, you can never have enough . Kevin Smith is a great back and great person, make him the 1st pick Sunday!

Its no big deal, probably did'nt fit in their plans , happens all the time, we'll get Kevin Smith, thats an improvement over Booker.
I agree,the dolphins got lucky to even get a 4th round pick for Booker that scrub that cant catch anything.

Booker is electrifying, no doubt about that. I thought he could be a Meggett type guy for Parcells, but I guess Sparano would rather bring in a more dependable player instead of a scatback.

While I'm kind of surprised we traded him for a 4th, I can see why we'd want another pick in the 3rd/4th round. We still need 1 more OL and 1 CB minimum. It would be quite nice to add a guy like Frank Okam to develop at NT, and grab someone like WR Adarius Bowman in the 6th or 7th round. So, we simply need more picks. You can only gain picks by trading players other teams want ... kinda like we wanted Fasano and Ayodele. In all we gave up Booker and traded down in the 4th round to get Fasano and Ayodele ... that's not so bad honestly. Fasano will start and Booker did not. Picking up Ayodele for the price of swapping 4ths is a wash IMHO. I hope Fasano continues to develop and our 4th rounder sticks, otherwise these trades will not look so good in the long run.

Booker is electrifying, no doubt about that. I thought he could be a Meggett type guy for Parcells, but I guess Sparano would rather bring in a more dependable player instead of a scatback.

While I'm kind of surprised we traded him for a 4th, I can see why we'd want another pick in the 3rd/4th round. We still need 1 more OL and 1 CB minimum. It would be quite nice to add a guy like Frank Okam to develop at NT, and grab someone like WR Adarius Bowman in the 6th or 7th round. So, we simply need more picks. You can only gain picks by trading players other teams want ... kinda like we wanted Fasano and Ayodele. In all we gave up Booker and traded down in the 4th round to get Fasano and Ayodele ... that's not so bad honestly. Fasano will start and Booker did not. Picking up Ayodele for the price of swapping 4ths is a wash IMHO. I hope Fasano continues to develop and our 4th rounder sticks, otherwise these trades will not look so good in the long run.

Well said, bro! I wanted a TE in the 4th(Cottam), he was in my mock, this way we get a good TE with some potential, so everything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned and we get the 4th. pick back.:up: I thought Booker had some potential, but he was still unproven and it's not a big loss in the big scheme of things.

I'm ok with it...
The front office sees value in this years draft and can offer a running back with some NFL experience. As a Nole fan I hate to see Booker go but we will be able to upgrade other areas of the team.

I agree,the dolphins got lucky to even get a 4th round pick for Booker that scrub that cant catch anything.

I think you are referring to Marty Booker - Lorenzo Booker, who was traded to the Eagles today was a damn good passcatcher for a running back.

Too bad. I liked Lorenzo. Something has to be wrong with him though. His not getting any playing time last year and now this. Could be attitude, inability to get the plays, meh who knows. Showed real talent as a 3rd down back.

Jeff Ireland said that Booker didn't fit the system they're going to run.....from the start Jeff and Bill have said that tthey want a bigger team...that's why they got Long and Merling and even Henne who is a pretty stoud guy at QB....Is the way we're gonna play from now on...hit you in the mouth football

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom