Booker's Ankle Being Evaluated Further | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker's Ankle Being Evaluated Further

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Dolphins | Booker being further evaluated
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:40:06 -0700
Harvey Fialkov, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins WR Marty Booker (ankle) has been sent for further evaluation of his injured ankle. As noted earlier, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said Booker has a sprained left ankle. Saban warned his team "to stay off the ground" during minimal contact practices. "Marty is not really bad hurt,'' Saban said. "How many times a day do I say stay off the ground? We don't want receivers diving for the ball. We don't want defensive backs going over the top and knocking them down to try and get a ball. Obviously, that's not ever going to be 100 percent. We want players in competitive situations to especially play smart.''

Hopefully it is just precautionary.

That's really nothing different from what we knew earlier.

The only definitive statement we've had so far is Nick Saban saying, "Marty has a sprained ankle, and it's not a serious situation."

So I'm going by that until I hear otherwise.

I agree with you, but also because I dont think Nick would make such a statement if he wasn't certain.

Even if it's a fracture, you have to think there's probably enough time for this to heal before the season starts, right? It's early June. I broke my ankle fairly badly and was in a cast for 8 weeks. That's August. It wouldn't be great, but it would probably work out.

Jimmy James said:
Even if it's a fracture, you have to think there's probably enough time for this to heal before the season starts, right? It's early June. I broke my ankle fairly badly and was in a cast for 8 weeks. That's August. It wouldn't be great, but it would probably work out.

Anything's better than a knee.

I think it's already good news that it wasn't a knee, not matter how the ankle turns out.

I am no doctor, but how easy would it be to tell the difference between a sprained ankle and a fractured ankle?

And furthermore, why would Nick declare it a sprain when he isn't certain, instead of saying "Marty has an ankle injury...", in more general terms?

Dolfan1000 said:
I am no doctor, but how easy would it be to tell the difference between a sprained ankle and a fractured ankle?

And furthermore, why would Nick declare it a sprain when he isn't certain, instead of saying "Marty has an ankle injury...", in more general terms?

No, I think you are right. We're just discussing hypotheticals.

Further tests on a sprained ankle? Could be more serious. Of course it would be in the Dolphins best interest to downplay this. If you have to shop for another reciever best not to let anybody know you are too needy.

NE Matt said:
Further tests on a sprained ankle? Could be more serious. Of course it would be in the Dolphins best interest to downplay this. If you have to shop for another reciever best not to let anybody know you are too needy.

Or it could be precautionary.

BTW, could somebody tell me why I have a warning thingy by my name. Is it because I am a rival fan? That seems a little inhospitable:D

All I know is that this is scaring the crap out of me. Marty is going to be a HUGE peice of this team next year. We really need him to make a serious run at a championship.

NE Matt said:
BTW, could somebody tell me why I have a warning thingy by my name. Is it because I am a rival fan? That seems a little inhospitable:D

How many boxes are filled in it?

It's just a monitor to make sure you don't troll or spam or anything. Don't worry about it. Your'e OK.

Thanks. no boxes are filled in. It must of been placed there when I was deactivated for two weeks for wishing Dante is healthy but questioning the competition in the NFC North. I gotta tread carefully.

NE Matt said:
Thanks. no boxes are filled in. It must of been placed there when I was deactivated for two weeks for wishing Dante is healthy but questioning the competition in the NFC North. I gotta tread carefully.

You realize that they do play teams outside the division right?

:wink: Just kidding. I won't go there.

NE Matt said:

They banned you for two weeks for questioning NFC North competition?

Back
Top Bottom