Boomer.. Fill me in on some of these WR's.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer.. Fill me in on some of these WR's..

Boomer re: Aiken's speed

Hey Boomer, I just wanted to add another comment about Aiken's speed. After he finished his senior season, he heard all the talk of great hands, great size, but too slow - was averaging in the low 4.7 40. So, this sleeper started working on it. By the time he got to the Senior Bowl, he was clocking 4.45 40s. That's why you never saw him that fast in games. As far as talking trash... never bothers me as long as he leaves it on the field. JMO

Yep bransc, his times improved from the timing day pre season to the Combine, but I never saw an improvement on the field. As for the trash talking - each game I saw him play this year, he was called for a penalty - a late hit or uneccesary roughness after a pushing match. After the Randy Mac in Minnesota incident and the Surtain on Moulds in Buffalo I think Dave and Rick steer clear. Just my opinion.

could bolden be our pick at #49 ? i mean i haven´t seen on seminole game this year, but you think he is there when we pick ?

Yeah he'll be there. I'm not sure if he would be the guy. I suspect we could move down and still get him, although Jacksonville are strongly targeting him in round 2.

What bothers me about him is that WR's that come from florida or florida ST. never seem to be as good in the NFL. I'm not talking smack here at all just in case people are wondering, but how many star WR's have come out of those 2 schools over the years?I'd like Bryant Jonhson but he'll be gone so I'm looking at Curtis and maybe Burlenson.

nate burleson is our guy in the third round. we definitely need to take an O-Tackle in the scond round especially since Stinchcomb or Foster will probably fall to us and be a still that late. I really wish someone from the dolphin organization would strongly consider Marcus Robinson. He only wants a one year minimal contract to prove himself. The upside here could be HUGE for minimal risk. PEACE DOLFANS

RE: Aiken

I don't recall any unnecessary roughness calls against Aiken, but I will of course remember my perspective. May have been some pushing and shoving but did you see how poor the Tar Heels were last season? They went from winning the Peach Bowl to winning 3 games - one on a last second 52 yard FG against Dook. I'm sure it was very stressful for all the seniors.

Either way, I'll be tickled pick if we pick him up. McMullen too in the later rounds.

Regarding Marcus Robinson, I agree with a 1-yr league min, incentive loaded contract. What do we have to use? Upside could be huge.

Off the top of my head, Florida produced Travis Taylor and FSU produced L. Coles recently. I also think J. Gaffney may develop eventually. The thing about UF wrs is that the passing system under Spurrier produced such gaudy numbers that sometimes wideouts with avg. skills looked like superstars. When they got to the NFL they still had avg. skills.

The draft is all about finding players with the physical and mental skills to play in the NFL and in your team's scheme. College systems, both the team the player played on and the opponents they played against, can exaggerate or hide a player's attributes.

Off the top of my head - the Virginia game - he was called for two personal fouls.

What about David Kircus as a late round pick-up? He seemed to step up in the Hula and Paradise bowls. He was a man among boys in DII but his work in the post season suggests he might be the real thing.

Kircus isn't fast but he is arguably the quickest guy in the draft. Originally, he was a 7th rounder but after the Hula bowl he's had several teams call him in for workouts. I have no idea how much higher he goes now.

Aiken vs UVa

Are you kidding me? You pick THAT game? Aiken had 7 catches for 178 yards, and two TDs. I don't think he was trying to pick any fight in that game. I'll have to go back and watch the game again. And besides, when my WRs are dominating someone like that, I don't mind if they give a lil' lip service.

2 personal fouls, 2 fumbles and 80 of those yards came when the freshman FS whiffed at a pick.

Back
Top Bottom