Boomer/KB -- Arrington? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer/KB -- Arrington?

Boomer, KB he excelled in his cone and shuttle drills correct?

That shows that he has bulked up while not losing speed...

fishypete said:
What running back did excell in the senior bowl? NONE. Maybe Rodgers isn't as good as you think....Rodgers didn't carry the ball, he didn't open up any lanes...and he sure can't run for 2000 yds. Like I said...when you run against the champs...and run for over 100 yds...and for a great average...you have nothing to prove.
In the same game Rodgers was 29/34, including completing 23 straight passes. USC wasn't concerned with Arrington, they were trying to stop Rodgers. Rodgers certainly opened up lanes for his RBs because defenses were worried about stopping him, not stacking people in the box to stop the Cal running game.

As for the senior bowl, Darren Sproles and Cedric Houston played very well. Not saying they're better, just saying they didn't have any problems playing well in the game like Arrington did.

General Tso said:
In the same game Rodgers was 29/34, including completing 23 straight passes. USC wasn't concerned with Arrington, they were trying to stop Rodgers. Rodgers certainly opened up lanes for his RBs because defenses were worried about stopping him, not stacking people in the box to stop the Cal running game.

As for the senior bowl, Darren Sproles and Cedric Houston played very well. Not saying they're better, just saying they didn't have any problems playing well in the game like Arrington did.

Hey, each to their own....I think Arrington is as good as running back in the draft...even better...he'll come at a cheaper price...unless some team doesn't fall for the normal hype of the draft.

fishypete said:
Hey, each to their own....I think Arrington is as good as running back in the draft...even better...he'll come at a cheaper price...unless some team doesn't fall for the normal hype of the draft.

I'd be happy with Arrington in the third... I was simply pointing out some of the reasons Arrington is not projected to go higher in the draft than his senior year production would indicate.

I think Arrington really impressed though when he came in at with that bulk and was just as quick as ever.

USC was able to stop OK's passing attack and running attack with ease. They are a great defense and even for Arrington to beat USC's front 7 with no safety help is still impressive.

General Tso said:
I watched a ton of Cal games the last two years since I was watching Rodgers, and Arrington was outstanding this year. I'd be happy getting him in the 3rd round, but I have some concerns about him...

1. He didn't play at all until his junior year and he was only average his junior year. This was his first season as a starter and he was the 2nd best running back on his team (Marshawn Lynch is better and will be a better pro IMO).

2. He never had to play against a defense focused on stopping him. All season defenses were worried about Rodgers and the Cal passing game, which really opponed up a lot of gaping holes for Arrington to run through. He never faced 8 men in the box like Benson.

3. He's not a very good receiver or blocker.

4. He looked very average in the senior bowl. I know you can't put too much stock in a college all star game, so it's not a huge concern. But I was surprised at how poorly he played in that game.

I think he'll be great in our new system. Look at what mewelbe moore did last year, and JJ is a better physical specimen.

I'm just wondering if we'd be set if we went into the season with...

Arrington
Gordon
Morris

Jaj said:
I'm just wondering if we'd be set if we went into the season with...

Arrington
Gordon
Morris
for RBs that wouldn't be a bad core.... the only problem is all 3 are the same kind of backs. i'd rather have one big 3rd and 1 back that you know will get you that extra yards. a big guy.

.... They're completely different running backs...

Arrington had the advantage of playing in a spread offense at Cal.

Back
Top Bottom