Boomer or KB21.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer or KB21....

Bunkley is a good prospect, but I don't think he fits what Miami wants to do. He's a three technique player, and Miami's defensive tackles play the one technique and the five technique.

Respectfully disagree there. Vonnie Holliday plays 3-tech all the time.

ckparrothead said:
Respectfully disagree there. Vonnie Holliday plays 3-tech all the time.

Yea, I thought Carter played the 5 at the DE position.

saves said:

He does, but Vonnie Holliday doesn't play the exact same position as Carter except just on the other side of Traylor...Holliday plays more inside than Carter...the 3 instead of 5...or at least, thats the impression I was under.

ckparrothead said:
He does, but Vonnie Holliday doesn't play the exact same position as Carter except just on the other side of Traylor...Holliday plays more inside than Carter...the 3 instead of 5...or at least, thats the impression I was under.

I was agreeing with you. I remember from CVASS's thread how our line is somewhat unbalanced so we show different fronts that many would expect.

saves said:

Vonnie plays the 5 technique on the other side.

The only difference in Miami's 4-3 look and their 3-4 look is that Jason Taylor will either be down in a stance or dropping back off the line. Every once in a while, you may see Vonnie in the 3 and shifting to the 5, but I believe he plays the 5 predominately.

KB21 said:
Vonnie plays the 5 technique on the other side.

The only difference in Miami's 4-3 look and their 3-4 look is that Jason Taylor will either be down in a stance or dropping back off the line. Every once in a while, you may see Vonnie in the 3 and shifting to the 5, but I believe he plays the 5 predominately.

Just so we're talking apples to apples, which gap do you consider to be the 5 gap? Because I've DEFINITELY seen different diagrams label them differently

When I say 3 technique, I mean Vonnie lines up on the outside shoulder of the guard. To me, 0 technique is lining up right on the center's face perfectly, a 1 technique is lining up between the center and guard, a 2 technique is lining up directly over the guard, a 3 technique is between the guard and tackle, 4 technique is directly over the tackle, a 5 technique is on the outside shoulder of the tackle, and Jason Taylor can be considered a 7 technique guy.

Back
Top Bottom