Boomer..question on Drew Henson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer..question on Drew Henson

pogues

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Would you risk a pick on him say in 4th rd? He's hitting below .200..can't field..and it's clear baseball is not his sport. He syas he's staying with baseball but many in NY think that this will be his last year.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It seems certain someone will take him this year. Honestly, I think if he's still there in the 3rd rd. we should take him or trade down to the early 4th to take him. People might think that's too high a price but he was considered top 5 talent before choosing baseball. It's really a matter of predicting what team will take a chance first.

Nothing higher than a 7th. Remember if he isn't signed by next year he gets put back in the draft pool. He has deffinitly committed himself to at least this season in Baseball, and more likely from recent articles his life, so picking higher than the 7th would be insane.

I dont think he is worth a pick this year unless you knew something he personally said to you. He has stated several times that there is no chance, none whatsoever that he leaves baseball this year. Maybe pick him in the future, but not this year.

Yeah and even if you pick him this year with a 7th, it won't matter because you'd have to entice him to sign with you. He would have tons of leverage in those negotiations because he could just tell you to screw off, he'll re-enter the draft this time with everyone knowing he's going to become a football player, and he'll go in the top 10 because apparently the top 10 is where he was slated to go if he didn't do baseball. So in that scenario one thing that stands in the way is the cap you can spend on rookies, which wouldn't allow a team like us to pay him like a top 10 pick in the draft or anywhere close...and therefore he would just be like cya.

The other thing is as a 7th round pick, there might be problems with trying to give him a contract way above 7th round pick market.

Basically its like unclemonty says. Only even spend a 7th on him if you have some kind of inside knowledge that says he's always liked to play in Miami, or that he's about to leave baseball and would like to start his football career this season and not wait around a bit.

Thanx for agreeing CK. I'd rather spend that seventh rounder on Dorsey, or my choice, Gesser if neither has been drafted. Henson stays with the Yankees.

I say I would drop a 5th on him...

the upside is to great...and he'll never play with the Yankees.

He will be a waste of a pick because...

Henson will be a waste of a pick because you would
  1. you would have to convince him to gice up starting for the Yankees during 2003-2004
  2. you would have to pay him more than te Boys paid Chad Hutchinson
    [/list=1]

henson is going the wrong way in baseball....he is closer to getting to A ball instead of the big leagues.....

difference between hutchinson and henson would be night and day.....and hutchinson isn't making that much money really......i'd hardly consider it big money......

henson has more talent and ability in his middle toe than gesser and dorsey do combined.......henson is a special player.....

39...I think we will agree to disagree...

on this one...would be a tall order to convince to give up baseball and sign...perhaps...

but its worth the shot...where exactly is he going to play for the Yankees...he is not even close to taking Ventura's spot right now...heck he can't stay above the Mendoza line.

Let's say we draft Hensen in the 7th round and the Yankees cut him from their team. Will he then most likely come to the NFL?

Originally posted by t2thejz
Who is he?

Right now he's playing for the Yankees but he did play college football. He is a great QB prospect, but hem seems more interested in baseball.

Back
Top Bottom