Boomer's Last Word on the 2006 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Last Word on the 2006 Draft

could Gerald Riggs Jr. make the team? also do you see Hagan being a future starter?

Boomer said:
...I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the pick of Joe Toledo. And unlike the Hagan pick, some sleep hasn’t changed that. Perhaps I’ve become accustomed to us bringing in some real quality in the 4th round in recent years...
Have you considered that Saban picked him as more of a RIGHT GUARD prospect? Saban has been outspoken in saying that he would rather take a more athletic tackle and move him to Guard than select a Guard with limited versatility.

When Hadnot slid over to center, we did not have a good option at RG. I believe that Toledo would be able to pick up that position rather quickly and could backup both Guard positions. Obviously, he needs alot of time and work to play at the tackle spot.

PhinstiGator said:
Have you considered that Saban picked him as more of a RIGHT GUARD prospect? Saban has been outspoken in saying that he would rather take a more athletic tackle and move him to Guard than select a Guard with limited versatility.

When Hadnot slid over to center, we did not have a good option at RG. I believe that Toledo would be able to pick up that position rather quickly and could backup both Guard positions. Obviously, he needs alot of time and work to play at the tackle spot.

Personally I don't want someone who's almost 6 foot 6 clogging up my passing lanes. Certainly it could happen, but for me it's not ideal.

nick1 said:
could Gerald Riggs Jr. make the team? also do you see Hagan being a future starter?

Riggs will have to stay healthy which he's never done and prove he's better than Harris who has a year in the system and is a guy Saban likes.

As for Hagan, as I stated in post 1, I think he's the long term replacement for Booker.

Insanely comprehensive write-up. Appreciate it Boomer. Glad to see some optimism.

Boomer said:
Riggs will have to stay healthy which he's never done and prove he's better than Harris who has a year in the system and is a guy Saban likes.

As for Hagan, as I stated in post 1, I think he's the long term replacement for Booker.
thanks, what do you think is our solution at OLB? should we start Spragan or Hodge? or is their a undrafted guy out there who could possibly help out

Awesome Boomer, always enjoy your analysis. You know your stuff, not bad for a Limey!! (Meant that in the most respectful way!)

In Saban We Trust!

RonnieB23, Where in montreal are you?

And to answer your question, had we drafted QB, that would be 3 picks on QBs this draft. (Pepper & Lemon)

Back
Top Bottom