Boomer's Mock Draft is Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Mock Draft is Up

Originally posted by jmm13-54

New England Also has to worry about who might want to jump in front of them to select a RB (Dallas)...Just because those teams are stacked doesnt mean they don't trade down to prevent Dallas from getting their guy... Dallas might be looking at us...

I mean Dallas would jump up to #20 and pick right in front of NE...we would only drop back to #22...

Something to think about...

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

There still is no way the Pats are worried about Dallas jumping ahead of them and taking RB Steven Jackson.They could stay their at 21 and take either RB Kevin Jones or Chris Perry.And they would keep their 2nd 1st round pick.
If the Pats were going to move up, they would move up alot further and go after one of the top 10 players.

Maybe we could do something with Dallas on draft day that nets us Larry Allen.

Originally posted by 4THand10

There still is no way the Pats are worried about Dallas jumping ahead of them and taking RB Steven Jackson.They could stay their at 21 and take either RB Kevin Jones or Chris Perry.And they would keep their 2nd 1st round pick.
If the Pats were going to move up, they would move up alot further and go after one of the top 10 players.

Not true. Jackson has emerged as the consensus #1 RB in the draft, rated quite a bit higher than Perry or the Jones boys. In fact, in celebration of my 500th post on FinHeaven, let's bust out with a little Hubie Brown impression...

"You're Bill Belichick. You're sitting there at the #21 spot in the draft. You have....no running game to speak of. But you also have a barrel full of draft picks, and a young man named Steven Jackson who you really like. And Jackson is...the...only....running back certain to go in round 1, and has tremendous upside. Why wouldn't you trade up to make sure you get this young man?"

RB is New England's #1 need. Even if they're not terribly worried about those teams from 14-20, they need to be concerned that someone, be it Dallas or whoever, might jump in front of them. What's more, I don't think Tampa is a lock to pass on a RB. They have other needs, sure, and Gruden loves Chaz Garner, but he may be looking at him as a 3rd down back. With so many draft picks at his disposal, why would Belichick take a chance on not getting the player he wants? A trade up makes sense for New England.

#500....WHOOOOOO!!!! :D

That's a beautiful mock draft. The playmakers Dunta, Vilma and Starks are gone before Miami even picks which is what "I" expect but for some reason do not see Andrews falling to #20.

DJ Williams not being drafted in first round is a beautiful thing. Exact same situation Boss Bailey was in last year.

Rashaun Woods drafted in first round :up:

This mock is more realistic than the Sporting News mock. Very nice.

Baccarat - thanks, no probs.

I will do a final mock, likely the week of the draft.

DDevil - Williams shouldn't fall that far, but other teams needs sometimes neccessitate that that happens. Look at Keith Bulluck as a perfect example. Or Randy Moss. The 49ers LOVE Wilfork - they were all over him in Indy....all over him. And there is great WR value later on.

Chambers - thanks buddy - yes it was a late night session typo! :)
I will do a Dolphins mock or a variation on one.

4th and 10 - If you read the info, you'll see that a number of teams have professed interest in Jackson. Tampa and the Bengals to name but 2. The Raiders are another, IF they trade down and thus use some of their trade down picks to trade back up. Chicago is a very willing partner. The Patriots are not sold on Chris Perry. And plus, Perry isn't value at 21. At all. As for the Browns moving down not up - have you ever heard of the draft smokescreen or the term, playing your cards close to your vest?

Maybe Memories - I'd have a lie down in a dark room. A mock draft, by it's very nature is assumption.

Clumped - take your point on the Bills ends, who BTW I like, but I don't see either Kelsay or Schobel as consistent 15 sack a season guys, but I do see Udeze as that.

Glad you like it Rude.

Bottom line is that mocks are an individuals own interpretation on what they perceive will happen. This is just my take. If we all agreed, life would be boring, huh.

I don't really like the idea of picking Andrews at 20 if the plan is to move him to guard. I would rather see them trade out of that spot and land one of the true guards.

If they envision his as a RT and are planning to let McIntosh and Smith battle for the other tackle spot, then I'm okay with the pick.

I really hope the Dolphins find a way to come up with a 2nd round pick this year. There seems to be a lot of value in this draft.

Originally posted by Maybe Memories
that sh*it is whack... how does he make a draft on assumptions...

How else do you make a mock draft?? :confused:

Very nice job Boomer.

But, I still think that we will see either Tampa or Cleveland take Andrews, but stranger things have happened.

If I were guessing, I'll bet we end up with Evans.

Good job Boomer...
Surprised that you put Winslow at 6...Wouldn't he be the highest TE ever drafted???

Jackson has even been talked about as a possible choice for Detroit at #6 so its not out of the question that the Pats feel they have to move up to get him. Talent rankings tend to be pretty sticky. Thats why I don't subscribe to the QB slide theory with Rivers. If teams really have Jackson rated as a top 15 kinda guy, the Pats have to think he might not slide to pick #21.

I'm just not sold that Belichick will be drafting a RB in round 1. We've heard that before in previous years. If they could get by the last three seasons with Antowain Smith and Kevin Faulk while winning the super bowl 2 of the 3 years, then they can get by with Kevin Faulk and Mike Cloud...and some other rookie they draft in either the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 4th round. The real kick in the head would be when/if Belichick drafts Maurice Clarett in like the 4th or 5th round. If there's one team situation Clarett could step into and learn what it means to be a teammate and contributor rather than an individual, its the Patriots.

Originally posted by Muck

How else do you make a mock draft?? :confused:
:nono: :lol:

predicting trades is certainly the toughest part, but all I care is we get a huge OLmen named Andrews to start at RG, the rest is superfluous

Back
Top Bottom