Boomer's Top 15 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Top 15

Texas-OSU game ....dang... 2nd play Ginn was wide out left and caught a 50 yd slant.... 5 yd catch, 45 yards after catch...

I'm not sold on Quinn being the 3rd best player Boomer...and here's why;

Prior to Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...first season he had a 47% comp average....his second season he had a 54% comp average....then Weiss comes into the picture...and his play gets better....but what happens now that Weiss isn't there....looking over him....does he stay to the good side or does he cross over to the dark side again?

This draft reminds me of one a couple years ago....remember Smith and Rodgers....which one is the lesser evil? Once Notre Dame may have been a great football team...but they haven't been great for many years now. I don't want you to get me wrong on Quinn...he has plenty of talent....but it wasn't him getting that talent out...it was Weiss. I wouldn't be unhappy if the Dolphins draft him with the 9th pick...but I wouldn't reach for him any higher.

But Notre Dame were a very bad football team with a very good schedule when Quinn was thrown into the fire as a freshman. I think it's pretty harsh to use that against him. And by the same argument, you could say that Tom Brady was lucky to fall on his feet and that he's simply a product of the Weis system. Weis runs a hybrid Erhardt - Perkins system. Cameron runs a sort of cross between that and the Zampese system. I don't see the issue. It's an awful lot of 'what if's, buts and maybe's'.

Don't we all usually need someone to help us maximise our abilities? I don't see the issue.

I'm not sold on Quinn being the 3rd best player Boomer...and here's why;

Prior to Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...first season he had a 47% comp average....his second season he had a 54% comp average....then Weiss comes into the picture...and his play gets better....but what happens now that Weiss isn't there....looking over him....does he stay to the good side or does he cross over to the dark side again?

This draft reminds me of one a couple years ago....remember Smith and Rodgers....which one is the lesser evil? Once Notre Dame may have been a great football team...but they haven't been great for many years now. I don't want you to get me wrong on Quinn...he has plenty of talent....but it wasn't him getting that talent out...it was Weiss. I wouldn't be unhappy if the Dolphins draft him with the 9th pick...but I wouldn't reach for him any higher.
But the two season before Weiss was his Freshman and Sophmore year do you expect him to be All-american.

Texas-OSU game ....dang... 2nd play Ginn was wide out left and caught a 50 yd slant.... 5 yd catch, 45 yards after catch...
LOL. Wait till you get to the Ross play. It's about a 35 yard TD, left corner. And Ross can really play. And he's quick. But Ginn gives him 3 shakes at the LOS and it's Goodnight Josephine.

And at 1.27am in London, it's goodnight from me too!

Regan, two points.

1) Staley's upside is bigger than Browns. But his downside is bigger too.

2) Don't forget, Yatil Green tore two ACL's. Ginn has been injury free for 7 years, apart from an act of stupidity by a teammate.

I wouldn't consider his downside as that much bigger than Brown's. Levi Brown, if he can't keep up a mean streak can just as easily become a big bust.

True Ginn's hasn't been injured as much. But I still feel he has to shake off the injury label after missing Combine and Pro Days.

I wouldn't consider his downside as that much bigger than Brown's. Levi Brown, if he can't keep up a mean streak can just as easily become a big bust.

True Ginn's hasn't been injured as much. But I still feel he has to shake off the injury label after missing Combine and Pro Days.

I struggle to see how the downside of a 4 year starter at LT for a major school is worse than a 2 year starter at LT from a small school.

Ginn hasn't been injured at all. He's missed the combine and the pro days solely because he is getting ready for the biggest job interview of his life. Why not go into it as close to 100% as possible? There's no time limit on when he should work out. He doesn't have ANY injury label.

Sure Staley has a big downside but paying a first round pick for Levi Brown is dangerous. Trading up with your 2nd+3rd rounder for a 1st+5th is ideal.

Boomer you may think he's weak but for many many years Walter Jones was slammed for his run blocking. With effort he improved.

Levi Brown might be the evolution of the right tackle, built so that he can still push in the ground game but can also battle the new class of fast LEs like Robert Mathis.

Sure Staley has a big downside but paying a first round pick for Levi Brown is dangerous. Trading up with your 2nd+3rd rounder for a 1st+5th is ideal.

Boomer you may think he's weak but for many many years Walter Jones was slammed for his run blocking. With effort he improved.

Levi Brown might be the evolution of the right tackle, built so that he can still push in the ground game but can also battle the new class of fast LEs like Robert Mathis.

Jaj, please don't begin to compare Walter Jones with Staley.

And I don't see how drafting Brown would be considered 'dangerous'.

Now THAT deserves a FLMAO, what a ballsy response. I'm still pulling for Sidney Rice at #40, especially with that 40 time that you posted, I hadn't heard. But we'll see which QB's and OL's are available, that could be nice, too. Great post as always.

Now we're talking. I would love to see Willis at 9 if Landry is gone. Then Best OT available, then Satale with second pick of the third...Of course Drew Stanton in second if still available.

I don't see any "wow" factor in Stanton's arm. Not that much zip on the ball and a kind of slow delivery. Not that the arm necessarily makes the QB, but from what little I know I'd be inclined to go with Trent Edwards or Kevin Kolb. Boomer mentioned another QB elsewhere (John Beck?) from BYU, but I don't know anything about him. Stanton is a heck of an athlete and has nice size, but I don't think I'd touch him until round #3.

I struggle to see how the downside of a 4 year starter at LT for a major school is worse than a 2 year starter at LT from a small school.

Ginn hasn't been injured at all. He's missed the combine and the pro days solely because he is getting ready for the biggest job interview of his life. Why not go into it as close to 100% as possible? There's no time limit on when he should work out. He doesn't have ANY injury label.

There's a downside considering he does have an inconsistency streak and would need to check his weight. And there's a chance he may have to move to RT which wouldn't be a good thing since we have an established 1st round RT in Carey. Last thing we'd need is another Stockar McDougle.

I've heard otherwise about that injury. If he wasn't injured, why do a lot of people call it an injury? Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if we landed Ginn but until I see an official non-rumored 40 time and hear that he made all the cuts, slants, and runs as well as anyone can make, I still have my reservations.

so 4.37 at 85% what about 100% maybe sub 4.3?
Best times

Many reported times are unreliable due to differences in timing methods if not intentional falsifications. The fastest time officially recorded by the NFL was 4.29 seconds by Deion Sanders in 1989 [1], although the NFL did not begin electronic timing until 1990. In the electronic timing era, the fastest recorded time at the NFL Combine was 4.25 seconds by cornerback Fabian Washington in 2005. [2] Most other times close to 4.0 are untrustworthy due to the use of hand timing, but it is often claimed that players including Sanders (4.17)[3], Ted Ginn Jr. (4.04)[4], DeAngelo Hall (4.15)[5][6], Michael Vick (4.65)[7], Bo Jackson (4.12)[8], Michael Bennett (4.13)[9], Randy Moss (4.25)[10], Darrell Green (4.15[11], 4.2[12]), Laveranues Coles (4.2)[13], and Alexander Wright (4.09)[14] have approached that mark.

4. ^ Weiss, Dick. "Ginn's gunning for title." New York Daily News, January 6, 2007.

http://www.answers.com/topic/40-yard-dash

There's a downside considering he does have an inconsistency streak and would need to check his weight. And there's a chance he may have to move to RT which wouldn't be a good thing since we have an established 1st round RT in Carey. Last thing we'd need is another Stockar McDougle.

I've heard otherwise about that injury. If he wasn't injured, why do a lot of people call it an injury? Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if we landed Ginn but until I see an official non-rumored 40 time and hear that he made all the cuts, slants, and runs as well as anyone can make, I still have my reservations.

Brown coasts occasionally against lesser teams, but he certainly has no weight issues. As for Carey, he could play LT or LG with no issues at all, even if Brown DID have to shift to RT.

What do you mean 'you heard otherwise about the injury?'. Ginn had a fractured toe, which occured when he had a door shut on him the week of the Minnesota game. He didn't miss a game. When Hall rolled up on him, it affected that fracture again, but essentially, it's a high ankle sprain and as I said beforem ahead of the biggest job interview of your life, why would you go in at 85% if you have the chance to wait and go in at 100%. I really don't understand these conspiracy theories about Ginn's injury.

thanks for the write up, really good read. when will ginn run??

11th or 12th of April and probably again the weekend prior to the draft.

Back
Top Bottom