Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016 | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016

CEzfmCBVIAEPCIR.jpg

The Patriots gained advantage over a long period of time - in critical situations by cheating.

It can be reasonably argued two things:

1. The full extent of the cheating has been pervasive

2. and going over multiple seasons.

The patriots penalties were $1 million dollar fine - loss of 1st and (future) 4th round draft picks, and a 4 game suspension.

In conclusion - the NFL has proven it pays to cheat and here's why:

1. The $1 Million dollars is a considerable sum to most mortals like you and me - but nothing for a franchise like the Patriots. Plus the organization made 10 of millions by winning games that they may not have otherwise been qualified to win if they had not cheated. The cheating likely literally profited them.

2. The suspension (if it holds up) would be like saying to a player - if we can find a way to increase the odds of you winning a championship this year are you willing to sit out 4 games at the beginning of the season next year? Ronnie Lott allowed a piece of pinky to be amputated to play in a playoff game...

3. Loss of draft pick...YAWN! 50-50 the Pats lose a couple of players that might contribute.

Conclusion it pays to cheat!

Nice job NFL!

And by the way the NFL knew before the game that Brady was being a cheating Ahole! So what's with the league letting him get away with it - if they had any balls (pardon the pun) the NFL would have actively sniffed out the transgression at game time and disqualified Brady from playing in the Championship game for trying to cheat. All of the facts were there game day.

They do it in Soccer -at the highest level - a player who illegally tries to gain advantage on the field or off can be and often is disqualified from the game (often during the game). And that policy works!

As a Bills' fan I totally agree with this. Furthermore, I think all of us in the AFCE have been hit extra hard with the Patriots* cheating ways. It alters the way a team approaches things like free agency and the draft. For example, many of the Bills' past drafts have been defense heavy to counter the Patriots* offense instead of building a better offense which wins games.

I am totally hoping Suh stomps on Brady's neck and you guys embarass them.

Last edited by a moderator:
and now Pats fans have made a Gofundme page to help raise the million dollars.

Are you f***ing kidding me?

Maybe we should tell them the Pats don't have to pay Brady during the suspension so the fine means nothing. Nah nevermind.

The NFL needs to get it head and ass wired together. If you're going to go through the pseudo legal motions of doing investigations where evidence is gathered and examined and testimony is sought and parsed and then reports are written by lawyers that are drenched in legalese, then go all the way. Make it clear ahead of time -- to the public -- what the "law" is. Have a set system of punishments. In other words, establish an independent -- a truly independent -- legal system. With lawyers. And judges. And juries.

Because the way it is now it's like Goodell and his buddies use these scandals as an excuse to dress up in black robes and powdered wigs and play "court room" so they can put the thinnest veneer over the fact that they're making it up as they go.

Ok, so deflating footballs is like PEDs, and PEDs gets you, uh... hmm. I know! A four game suspension? Whee!

Uh, but Ray Rice only got two games for going Hammer Time on his wife. How is that fair?

So? Jonathan Vilma got a whole year for throwing cash on the barrel head for hits that used to have their own segment on Sportscenter. Bam! Your argument just got... JACKED UP!

If they just dispensed with the charade that it's an actual, legal process, I don't think people would get bent so out of shape over it. Just post a picture of Goodell in his office holding a flower, plucking off the petals one by one going, "he loves me. He loves me not. He loves me..."

Because I think we all know that the NFL really isn't actually interested in crime and punishment for it's own sake (like the US justice system -- at least in theory :lol:). All they really care about is PR. How do they balance their obvious moneyed interest in not punishing anyone at all, because guys like Tom Brady put eyeballs in front of televisions -- with perceived insults to the shield? Where do you draw the line on flags/fines on vicious hits because while there are lawsuits still to come, the fans still love those hits? What do they have to do to guys who smoke a bowl now and then because fatass white people in Topeka don't like their kid's role models using "the pot"?

It's an illegitimate process. So illegitimate that the attempts to make it look legitimate only serve to further undermine it, especially since it seems like every independent arbitrator who gets involved with these things is eventually compelled to point out that the commish and his cronies are buffoons.
Careful, Walrus. You're starting to make too much goddamn sense! :)

Dude!! You can not do this chit!! I am laughing so hard I can feel my appendix wiggling out my bung hole!!!! I haven't seen something this funny since 2006.

But, lets be real..., there isn't a guy on here looking at that and fondly remembering the first time he found the internet. How many keyboards were ruined in that first two months? The wife asking why the computer was moved to the basement.

Good times!!

Shame on Fin Fans for not thinking they have a chance at the division this year with the additions for the team and defections in Foxboro...and now this suspension.

Shame on Fin Fans for not thinking they have a chance at the division this year with the additions for the team and defections in Foxboro...and now this suspension.

I believe buddy, I believe.

History will lead some to that conclusion...

I on the other hand wear nothing but aqua colored glasses and see a division title this year.

I also would not consider it to be an asterisk title either...so they will be without Brady and have to actually play under the same rules as everyone...**** them, maybe don't cheat.

History will lead some to that conclusion...

I on the other hand wear nothing but aqua colored glasses and see a division title this year.

I also would not consider it to be an asterisk title either...so they will be without Brady and have to actually play under the same rules as everyone...**** them, maybe don't cheat.

You don't need aqua colored glasses to see a division title from us this year. Sure history is against us, but on paper, we're a pretty dangerous team if you've been following the league like I have.

Back
Top Bottom