Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016 | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016

Even if the penalty doesn't get reduced on appeal i wouldn't be celebrating too quickly Pats will beat Jacksonville and will find a way to win one of the other 3, 2-2 and they're the same record as last year after 4 games with 5 division games left.

well, if he gets suspended for not cooperating and he still doesn't cooperate in an appeal, why would the NFL reduce the penalty?

I agree. All these people saying it is automatically going to get reduced, my question is based on what? He had due process. There was a 200 plus page report about his conduct.

He is ****ed.

What a joke and an embarrassment of an organization. Seriously. Belichick knew nothing :sidelol:

OK, suddenly Darth Hoodie is Colonel Klink. Sure. Or maybe he's Manuel the waiter from Fawlty Towers. "I know nothing!"

This isn't ENRON or TYCO we're talking about here, in terms of the damage done to people out there in the world. Millions of people aren't watching their retirement funds evaporate because of this stuff. But make no mistake, it's the same motivating factor of naked, unabashed greed.

Brady gets a four week vacation. Belichick is laughing as he kisses the Lombardi. Kraft is lying in a pool of his own vomit and drool on a two hundred thousand dollar carpet after a night of heavy drinking. And some guy who inflates footballs for a living is out of a job, because HE is the bad one here.
I would expect the 2 equipment guys have been well compensated by the cheatriots to take the hit, and to never speak about what was really going one, how much bellycheat knew, etc. I would think that tying up loose ends like this would be pretty standard procedure for and organization that is run on cheating.
Just wait and watch. They will always deflect questions if ever asked after they leave the cheatriots.

pretty much expected a fine for the team, thought maybe 4 weeks at best for Brady simply because he didnt co-operate, but the 1st rounder in 16, that is a surprise.

But they will appeal.

And probably win, because the findings were 'IN ALL LIKELYHOOD"...nothing defintative.

well, if he gets suspended for not cooperating and he still doesn't cooperate in an appeal, why would the NFL reduce the penalty?
Because the NFL is about making money and Roger Goodell fully understands that. To have the NFL's #1 icon and arguably the greatest of all time suspended does not help the game to make more money. Brady is probably guilty as hell but and deserves his suspension. However, behind closed doors, Kraft and his cheese factory attorneys will squeeze Goodell to reduce the suspension to 2 games because they will know where Goodell is vulnerable and there will be consequences if Tommy's suspension is not reduced. Hope that I'm wrong.

pretty much expected a fine for the team, thought maybe 4 weeks at best for Brady simply because he didnt co-operate, but the 1st rounder in 16, that is a surprise.

But they will appeal.

And probably win, because the findings were 'IN ALL LIKELYHOOD"...nothing defintative.

People don't understand lawyer speak. I am a lawyer. The words they are using are a specific standard of proof required in the NFL rule book. They are guilty and the report says as much.

NFL owner on Kraft-Goodell relationship: “Pretty much dead”

One unnamed owner (who has now forfeited the right to complain about leaks in his own building), told Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report the relationship between the commissioner and the Patriots owner was “pretty much dead.”

“The main thing [NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent] said is true,” the owner said. “We need to make sure everyone is following the rules. All of us. I think Roger made the right decision and my guess is the rest of the owners agree.”

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-kraft-goodell-relationship-pretty-much-dead/

Patriots prove cheating pays off!

The Patriots gained advantage over a long period of time - in critical situations by cheating.

It can be reasonably argued two things:

1. The full extent of the cheating has been pervasive

2. and going over multiple seasons.

The patriots penalties were $1 million dollar fine - loss of 1st and (future) 4th round draft picks, and a 4 game suspension.

In conclusion - the NFL has proven it pays to cheat and here's why:

1. The $1 Million dollars is a considerable sum to most mortals like you and me - but nothing for a franchise like the Patriots. Plus the organization made 10 of millions by winning games that they may not have otherwise been qualified to win if they had not cheated. The cheating likely literally profited them.

2. The suspension (if it holds up) would be like saying to a player - if we can find a way to increase the odds of you winning a championship this year are you willing to sit out 4 games at the beginning of the season next year? Ronnie Lott allowed a piece of pinky to be amputated to play in a playoff game...

3. Loss of draft pick...YAWN! 50-50 the Pats lose a couple of players that might contribute.

Conclusion it pays to cheat!

Nice job NFL!

And by the way the NFL knew before the game that Brady was being a cheating Ahole! So what's with the league letting him get away with it - if they had any balls (pardon the pun) the NFL would have actively sniffed out the transgression at game time and disqualified Brady from playing in the Championship game for trying to cheat. All of the facts were there game day.

They do it in Soccer -at the highest level - a player who illegally tries to gain advantage on the field or off can be and often is disqualified from the game (often during the game). And that policy works!

Gotta disagree -

Zero repentance from the Cheatriots - the longer they show unwavering loyalty to their QB who is sending in his calvary of what amounts to an air rifle next to the gatling gun of the Shield -
The Court of public opinion is behind the NFL on this because of the Internet (people gather insight and form opinions) the NFL network is damning the behaviour at least their guests are no longer afraid to speak out nbow that the SHIELD has spoke first, and the longer the Patsies continue this ruse that there is no evidence the better for everyone who is not a Cheats fan or family member -

Everyone forgets that the Internet is actually changing the landscape of the lives of players and these franchises - the old Oakland Raiders did not half to withstand the Internet and the NFL network

Brady will never sit four games.

Two max.

Almost willing to bet they get their 1st round pick back as well.

I have to ask if there have been any good patriot fan reaction you have witnessed...

I was at the gym yesterday working out. I was on the elliptical when the report was released...as soon as they made the announcement a lovely gentleman on a treadmill in front of me is starting to get visibly upset. I hear "****ing bull****" and he walks out of the gym....treadmill still going. I think his sleeveless Red Sox shirt potentially indicates he could be a pats fan as well.

Brady will never sit four games.

Two max.

Almost willing to bet they get their 1st round pick back as well.

No way....they had $750,000 in fines total and lost a first rounder for spygate.

This is a second offense.....So they actually got off light....especially considering the lack of cooperation....the public indignance of the Owner, coach & QB....and the very real possibility this has been going on for years.

Any less would be a slap in the face of the integrity of the game.

Sean Payton was suspended for a year....with no evidence he was aware of bountygate......Belichek got off easy.

Jim Gray is a *****

[video=youtube;Ospy6kOsViw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Ospy6kOsViw[/video]

Back
Top Bottom