Brain Type Expert Says Eli will be no Peyton Manning. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brain Type Expert Says Eli will be no Peyton Manning.

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I got this from The Football Guys.

/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/

2. "Brain Doctor" Say Eli Manning is No Peyton

Full Article: http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/143771-3762-038.html

Clipped from: Albany Times Union

The Brain Doctor has examined the New York Giants' new quarterback. The prognosis: Eli Manning may become a good quarterback, make a Pro Bowl or two, but greatness will elude him, because his brain isn't wired like his brother Peyton's.

Gulp.

The diagnostician is Jonathan Niednagel. He works for the Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets but can scout in any sport, because he does "brain typing." Niednagel claims that by studying a person's facial expressions, body movement and speech, he can determine the genetic design that influences his behavior and motor skills.

Once he knows which of the 16 brain types a player is, the Brain Doctor says he can predict his likelihood of succeeding. Eli's an ISFT (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Thinking).

"It's a good one," says Niednagel, adding it may be the fourth-best for quarterbacks. "But it's not the top one."

Some call it pseudoscience. Others swear by Niednagel.

He is known for foreseeing Ryan Leaf's fall. Working for the Chargers before the 1998 NFL draft, he observed Leaf and warned GM Bobby Beathard.

"He flat-out told us 'don't draft him,' " Beathard said.

Many of the best quarterbacks share the optimal brain type for QBs, ESTP (Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving), including Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, Joe Namath and Peyton Manning.

ISFT brain types process information slower than ESTPs.

Eli won't "think as well on his feet, won't see the field as well under pressure," Niednagel said, and is more likely "to short-circuit in the biggest of pressures and biggest of games."

[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]

Interesting, to say the least. I wonder what he thought of Akili Smith?

/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/**/

I wonder if AJ Feeley has the ESTP brain type. Maybe there is something that WE as fans do not know? Maybe Feeley is at his greatest thinking on his feet with alot of pressure?

Would anyone here be willing to donate some money to give this "expert" for the analysis of AJ Feeley's brain type? :lol:

I'll give my 2 cents but I'd rather wait for the season to find out about Feeley.

This is the crap that ruined the Celtics this year. I don't trust it at all. :fire:

I'm actually a Spurs fan, but I have a soft spot for the Celts and Bruins...

I'm INFP....introverted, intuitive,feeling, perceptive.

I know, who cares.

Jimmy James said:
This is the crap that ruined the Celtics this year. I don't trust it at all. :fire:

And it was the trade for Raef LaFrentz(that contract vs. his production = ugly as hell) that ruined their FUTURE. :woot:

From The Sports Frog :

Today on the John Thompson Show, Coach Thompson brought up the fact that Danny Ainge uses some type of "brain type" classification to determine whether or not a player will perform, and that this is influencing his personnel moves.

After a little googling, I found The Brain Type Institute's website. According to the site, Danny Ainge swears by John "The Brain Doctor" Niednagel (he's not a real doctor). Ainge even told the Boston Herald: "I wouldn't have taken the job with the Celtics if I wouldn't have been able to use John's help." In the Boston Globe, he even said, "You can take Red Auerbach, Jerry West, Phil Jackson. I'd take Jon Niednagel." I'm speechless.

The man is clearly brainwashed. He has come in and has dismantled a team that was in the playoffs last season. A team that was in their conference championship two years ago.

And his justification is brain typing? Coach Thompson mentioned that he had talked with Paul Silas earlier before the trade was completed, and Silas could not wait to ship Ricky Davis out of town. Well played, Danny. You are coming across as a real schmuck. Either that, or this Brain Doctor really has you hypnotized, and judging by the moves you've made, he must be a Laker fan.

inFINSible said:
I'm INFP....introverted, intuitive,feeling, perceptive.

I know, who cares.

LOL! I'm an ISFP. This personality profile can be helpful...but, one thing I have noticed...when I'm playing a sport (such as football) I become more extroverted. From what I've read about ELI is that he does have leadership ability on the field. He seems to be able to tap into the Extroverted side during competition.

It's hard to know if the final test reflects a near balance of the final results or an extreme. Eli may have enough "P' in him that he can tap into on the football field.

I am the same Infins.. Long live the INFP!

I know because I have taken a test before (several times with the same result in my case). Look for Myers-Briggs tests. I think there is one on emode.com

PhinstiGator said:
LOL! I'm an ISFP. This personality profile can be helpful...but, one thing I have noticed...when I'm playing a sport (such as football) I become more extroverted. From what I've read about ELI is that he does have leadership ability on the field. He seems to be able to tap into the Extroverted side during competition.

It's hard to know if the final test reflects a near balance of the final results or an extreme. Eli may have enough "P' in him that he can tap into on the football field.
I can definately relate, it was the same with me when I played football. I was vocal and super competitive.

NEW YORK--First, there was the 2004 draft, in which Archie Manning asked the San Diego Chargers not to select his son Eli with the first pick. The Chargers were insulted, but shipped young Manning to the Giants anyway. Now the senior Manning has issued a request to all NFL defensemen: Please don’t tackle my son.

“First let me just say that I appreciate the opportunity for my son to play in the NFL,†Manning said during an appearance on Sportscenter. “I know it’s a huge privilege and an honor, and the last thing I would want to do is ruffle feathers or draw undue attention to him. But I would like to request that any and all NFL defensemen refrain from tackling my son. He’s young and fragile, and any kind of physical contact could really hurt his career. Again, I don’t want to disrespect the game, but we really can’t have Eli being tackled at this point. I’m sure you all can understand.â€Â

http://www.glorifythepast.com/news.php?newsid=205

INFP baby!

Your personality type is INFP.

Introverted (I) 75% Extraverted (E) 25%
Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
Perceiving (P) 55% Judging (J) 45%

Back
Top Bottom