Branch | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Branch

True but anything we can get is awrsome

Absolutely!! Lets hope our O can help the D this week. We really cannot afford any of what we've seen if we think we are going to even come close to the Falcons. Anything can happen. Hopefully Cutler plays like an NFL caliber QB. After the game, I think Boomer Esiason was saying Cutler is just not making throws he has seen him make. If we would have lost last week, Dolphins fans might start skipping games. Cutler needs to at least play hard and engage with the receivers and linemen. Ajayi is great but cannot do everything. Looks like we do have a top 15 defense at least so far..

What's your take on Godchaux? It does look like an outstanding group. Love what I've seen so far from Tankersley and Harris is starting to come on. Plus, I think McMillan might end up being the best of the bunch.
Godchaux has been a real find in the 5th round. He was just a guy at LSU, who seemed to make the occasional big play and had some games where you thought he was going to be a high pick. But still had an unassuming career at LSU. After he was drafted I read some articles about him and what he was asked to do while in college. Apperantly Godchaux did what he was told to do by his coaches, they wanted him to be an occupier of blockers to free up others to make plays. Since being drafted by Miami, he’s displayed both technique and strength, especially in his hands that have been talked about by Miami coaches and beat writers a like. Both are traits you’d want in a DT, who plays along side of Suh. He’s turned out be more than what I think most Dolfans could have imagined. He gives Miami, exactly what they need, which is a stout run defender, who anchors, in spite of only being around 300lbs. Kudos to the scouts who saw his potential and the coaches in Miami who unleashed his powerful base and hand use. Tankersley was a favorite of mine, because he was of a similar build to Howard. After he was drafted reports from the draft; of his lack of tackling, had me worried he’d be a bust. But again Miami’s coaches have allowed him to play to his potential by playing to his strength of a press CB. He’s developed very nicely and much quicker than I think anyone expected. Tank and Howard have a real chance of becoming a top CB duo in the NFL. Harris to me was an enigma, because of his lack of height and weight, there was no questioning his pass rush moves and great 1st step, but how was it going to translate going up against top notch LT’s every week in the NFL. After a less than stellar pre season, where he was invisible and showed an inability to disengage o-linemen, I became disenchanted, thinking he could be a bust. I don’t think he had a tackle in all of the pre season. But as the season started you could see how he was getting around the corner on OT’s in every game. But again up until the Saints game he wasn’t making any plays. Over the last 2 weeks the signs are certainly there he’s learning to convert his talent into making plays. Although he still needs to work on his run game recognition, because he still gets caught charging up field unable to locate the RB. I want to get excited, but am taking a cautious approach until he starts becoming more well rounded and consistent.

First clip is blatant hands to the face. Second qb climbs up into that sack due to wide pressure from reshad jones. That's a matt Burke sack

Back
Top Bottom