Brandon Doughty evaluation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Doughty evaluation

He was brought in to see, and here we are seeing. No big deal with where we are at with him. He has had every opportunity to shine or fade. He is in the film room, on the field, taking the reps. Now step up or not. Fales comes in, you either pass him up or he passes you up. Or you both suck. It is playing out and we are commenting in real time. It will all shake out. Having an established entrenched starter gives you the luxury to stash a guy and develop him if you see something in him. Our starter being lost for the season does not grant us that luxury. He needs to take a big step right now or we have to go with someone who has already shown that next step. Nothing unusual or unexpected. I think if he was a gem, we would know it by now. He was in a really good situation as a local guy. If this doesn’t work for him, he’s not really going to make it anywhere. I trust the guys doing the evaluation that work with him every day. Maybe his football smarts are off the charts and it makes them see something we aren’t seeing in the limited preseason snaps. In Gase I trust. Especially with quarterbacks.

I know I am just a fan, and don't know crap about football, but I am perplexed on why Gase wastes time with either of them dudes. I would prefer someone on the practice squad who has a good chance of developing.

Fales and Doughty are in line with 90% of the QB's that will be on practice squads around the league. They're not 53 man roster talents and most practice squad qb's are going to have a lot of flaws. Usually if you have starting qb talent, decent number 2 qb talent or even show signs of being able to develop into either you're going to have a job on a 53 man roster. To me Doughty looks like a small school 7th round drafted qb. Anyone who is disappointed in how he looks likely had unrealistic expectations to begin with.

He is the epitome of an undrafted QB or late 7th round flyer, yes you get a Matt Moore or a HOF in Kurt Warner or a great in Romo..... but most become Pat Devlins.... Scrubs who hang on onto teams with shitty rosters...we need to draft a mid round QB and develop one and it has to happen next year.

Doughty is bad and so is Fales, neither should be on a playoff teams roster.

They look like projects. Exactly what a 3rd quarterback is. Neither look like they have much upside. A guy like Woodrum on the Ravens is they type of project I'd like to have. He looks to have more potential and had more feel for the game. Honestly, I would not be surprised to see either dropped from the team and Miami picking up a new Practice squad qb. Btw Fales tattoo is horrendous.

I remember last year Gase saying he does not go through his progressions but finds receivers and hits them. I have seen the can't go through progressions, but not find the receiver part. The ones that have found receivers are great plays by receivers on horrible throws! Basically in a nut shell, he sucks!

You need 4 QB's to run camp, F and D will be gone on cut day.

He will be needed for game 4 of the preseason... After that I would be surprised if he even gets put on the PS.

The Brandon I'd like to have as a 3rd QB to develop would be the Jaguars 3rd QB from Arkansas Brandon Allen, he has looked good and has some moxie. He's athletic enough and has delivered decent downfield throws.

Brandon Doughty is beyond trash as an NFL QB and does not belong at this level.

I have not seen one play or attribute that makes me view him in a positive light as a QB in this league. He has looked lost, limp wristed, and really unnatural in every way out there.

Back
Top Bottom