Brandon London....is he another steal by this FO? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon London....is he another steal by this FO?

Never heard of him, and he was dropped by a team with a good eye for talent. If he was that good he would have been traded.

The Giants had 12-14 WRs at TC this summer and are loaded with talent at the position. Coughlin still has London's seat on the PS waiting for him. It was a contest between London and Moss for the 6th spot, behind vet stars Burress and Toomer, SB star Smith, ST Hixon, and hot draft pick Mario Manningham. He beat out all the other wides at camp, and that's a lot more talent to look at right there out of the 14.

Moss was a 2nd round pick two years ago, plagued by injuries. The Giants are a class organization that wanted to give him another chance before pronouncing him a bust. (Some critics say they kept Moss over London to vindicate the 2nd round pick.) The FO pretty much came out and said they wanted to give Moss another chance even before TC. (If you go back on the Giants boards for a few weeks or months, you'll see plenty of "Dump Moss" threads...and still active ones, even.)

When it came to make roster cuts, decisions went on until the final hours. If we didn't have to bring in a last-minute replacement for injured Tynes right now, we wouldn't be having this discussion...the Giants would have kept 7 WRs on the roster. Coughlin made this clear.

London has never played a regular season NFL game yet, so you get great raw talent. What your coaching staff does with it is another thing, but they are pretty talented themselves, so there's no reason not to expect good stuff from him. He is no "has been" or "garbage" at the bottom of someone's roster heap, by any stretch of the imagination.

London shined at TC and during the PS games and is very exciting to watch...his pure form of athleticism isn't something you think about when you think WR and something you rarely witness at the position.

He has a better chance of being on the field with the Phins as 4th than he would with us at 5-7th and he deserves that chance and your support. Otherwise, we do have his spot still waiting for him on our PS. :d-day:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found the other thread I posted on yesterday and will get over there tomorrow. Just a quickie to those doubters about the Giants being stacked at WR. You notice I haven't even mentioned David Tyree in the above post. Remember him? Great special teamer who happened to make this dandy little catch against his helmet in the SB? Well, we still have him on PUP right now so that gives us 8 plus 1 on ST. Every WR I've mentioned besides our hot draft pick has played in regular season and/or playoffs and SB. So, we are forced to hope London sneaks through waivers to PS. If that ain't depth at WR, what is?

hey jints88, are brandon londons hands good? i heard that he has a little problem dropping passes.

More on London :

London's final on-field impression included two drops against New England on Thursday.
"He's in a hurry to run," coach Tom Coughlin said, "and his eyes came off the ball and he's trying to run before he catches it."

StoryAdx-1.jpg
But at least London responded to the first drop by coming back on the next play, catching a ball over the middle and nearly reaching into the end zone for a touchdown.

London has also had fun by joking with his teammates that the Dolphins "are going to come in and take me."

Why Miami?

"I love Miami," London said. "I love the girls down there. I love everything about Miami."

The Giants had 12-14 WRs at TC this summer and are loaded with talent at the position. Coughlin still has London's seat on the PS waiting for him. It was a contest between London and Moss for the 6th spot, behind vet stars Burress and Toomer, SB star Smith, ST Hixon, and hot draft pick Mario Manningham. He beat out all the other wides at camp, and that's a lot more talent to look at right there out of the 14.

Moss was a 2nd round pick two years ago, plagued by injuries. The Giants are a class organization that wanted to give him another chance before pronouncing him a bust. (Some critics say they kept Moss over London to vindicate the 2nd round pick.) The FO pretty much came out and said they wanted to give Moss another chance even before TC. (If you go back on the Giants boards for a few weeks or months, you'll see plenty of "Dump Moss" threads...and still active ones, even.)

When it came to make roster cuts, decisions went on until the final hours. If we didn't have to bring in a last-minute replacement for injured Tynes right now, we wouldn't be having this discussion...the Giants would have kept 7 WRs on the roster. Coughlin made this clear.

London has never played a regular season NFL game yet, so you get great raw talent. What your coaching staff does with it is another thing, but they are pretty talented themselves, so there's no reason not to expect good stuff from him. He is no "has been" or "garbage" at the bottom of someone's roster heap, by any stretch of the imagination.

London shined at TC and during the PS games and is very exciting to watch...his pure form of athleticism isn't something you think about when you think WR and something you rarely witness at the position.

He has a better chance of being on the field with the Phins as 4th than he would with us at 5-7th and he deserves that chance and your support. Otherwise, we do have his spot still waiting for him on our PS. :d-day:
I live in New York and have watched his two seasons worth of preseason games. He has raw skills that if developed could make him a productive player. However before we jump on the "this guy is a steal" bandwagon, he has problems with his hands and runs bad routes. He's definitely fun to watch but once the regular season starts and you're going against legitimate DBs I'm not sure how effective he would be .... this year. If developed he could be good but at this stage he's probably a slight upgrade over David Kirkus although IMO he's a big upgrade over Armstrong

As to Sinorice Moss, I know some fans have grown impatient with him but I thought he outplayed London this year. Remember he had 2 pass interference penalties that he got called against the defense that dont show up in the stats but should be attributed to him. I'm not sure but I think he out avergaed London even without those yards. and I dont see how you replace a 5'10" speed receiver with a 6'4 possession receiver

Wes Welker was once released from the SanDiego Chargers after going undrafted. Remember that one? Yep i figured ya'll would.

while i think they have made some great moves... everything they touch isnt golden (ahem wilford)... we'll see

wilford was a stop gap until they can bring in someone or develop them for next season .. he was never intended to be a gem

Ireland has been watching this kid for two years hoping the giants would try and sneek him on the practice squad again.......Great pickup I bet this kid is contributing by week 4........I'm not sure how good he will be but I love the size speed ratio.....I also love the other two pickups.....Ireland knows his stuff....we are very lucky to have this FO.....

tom coughlin comes from the bill parcells coaching tree.

he and bill share the same taste in offense, so naturally
they would like the same kind of wr.

if london was such a STEAL, they wouldnt have let him go.

amani tomer is older than DIRT and he is one hemaroid
away from retiring. if the kid had any real game, the
giants would have kept him.

scout team fodder.

MP08!

scout team fodder.

MP08!

You cant be serious can you? They didnt let him go because they have amani toomer. They let him go because of Plaxico Burress, steve smith, Hixon, moss, Manningham, and they stil have tyree on the PUP list. If they wouldve kept him, he wouldve been a 5 receiver who needed to play special teams, which he is not good at. We got a receiver who can be really good with coaching.

i can vouge for this too.... i seen him play at UMASS a bit throughout too. he wants to strive in the NFL too... he'll work hard, he's got great awareness.... hopefully he works hard and makes his way with the Phins

Believe me guys this kid is good, maybe a little raw, but great potential.He looked really good at Giants training camp up here in northern NY State, at Albany.

you serious? coaches loved him... wanted him for practice squad if he wasnt picked off on waivers... follow stuff before you speak please.... look above too, the true reason he didnt make the team... ALL of the WR's that the Giants are stocked with

scout team fodder.

MP08!

i saw the preseason game against the Pats and he looked fast, game speed

Back
Top Bottom