Brandon Marshall could get cut, want him back ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall could get cut, want him back ?

When you have all the receivers on a single team have a low YAC to me that points to the offense in general as being the issue not the receivers.
To many short passes and not enough attempts to stretch the defense, created holes which in turn leads to YAC.

Not all the wide receivers on the team
Just look at what Jarvis Landry did this past season being #1 with YAC avg with our group of wide receivers by a 50% margin

When you have all the receivers on a single team have a low YAC to me that points to the offense in general as being the issue not the receivers.
To many short passes and not enough attempts to stretch the defense, created holes which in turn leads to YAC.

...or to an offensive line that is ****ty.

Not all the wide receivers on the team
Just look at what Jarvis Landry did this past season being #1 with YAC avg with our group of wide receivers by a 50% margin

Landry is only ranked 158th among the receivers in YAC per catch with 5.5. While that is 50% more than the other receivers on the team it is still in nowhere near the top receivers in the league. 3.7 yards or 5.5 neither one is very good. Again this points to issues with the offense in general. And yes that does include the blocking of offensive line.

Landry is only ranked 158th among the receivers in YAC per catch with 5.5. While that is 50% more than the other receivers on the team it is still in nowhere near the top receivers in the league. 3.7 yards or 5.5 neither one is very good. Again this points to issues with the offense in general. And yes that does include the blocking of offensive line.

I haven't checked, so I am legitimately curious.... How many of those WR's ranked ahead of Landry have 50, 60, even 70 receptions compared to Landry's 84?

Total YAC Jarvis Landry was ranked like 18th in the NFL... behind a bunch of RBs understandably, Gronk and a couple TEs, and then top names WRs.

Julian Edelman seemed to compare decently to Landry rookie year numbers, I would like to say Alshon Jeffery too, but Jeffery was able to complete many more downfield receptions (longest was also 74 compared to Landry at 25), as well as more yardage overall and 30 more YAC, though catching only one more pass.

Total YAC Jarvis Landry was ranked like 18th in the NFL... behind a bunch of RBs understandably, Gronk and a couple TEs, and then top names WRs.

Julian Edelman seemed to compare decently to Landry rookie year numbers, I would like to say Alshon Jeffery too, but Jeffery was able to complete many more downfield receptions (longest was also 74 compared to Landry at 25), as well as more yardage overall and 30 more YAC, though catching only one more pass.
if you only count WRs, Landry's 443 yards after catch ranks him 10th in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYardsAfterCatch

I haven't checked, so I am legitimately curious.... How many of those WR's ranked ahead of Landry have 50, 60, even 70 receptions compared to Landry's 84?

Seems maybe I jumped the gun, Only a few receiver's match Landry's 5.5 YAC with 50 or more receptions. Looks like he is tied for 15th with Jordy Nelson for receivers with more than 50 receptions

DeSean Jackson WAS WR 56 1,169 482 8.6
Golden Tate DET WR 99 1,331 720 7.3
Randall Cobb GB WR 91 1,287 618 6.8
Kendall Wright TEN WR 57 715 379 6.6
Andrew Hawkins CLE WR 63 824 407 6.5
Jordan Matthews PHI WR 67 872 416 6.2
Demaryius Thomas DEN WR 111 1,619 680 6.1
Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 85 1,318 522 6.1
Eddie Royal SD WR 62 778 376 6.1
Andre Roberts WAS WR 36 453 220 6.1
Mohamed Sanu CIN WR 56 790 338 6.0
Alshon Jeffery CHI WR 85 1,133 498 5.9
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG WR 91 1,305 517 5.7
Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 63 784 352 5.6
Jordy Nelson GB WR 98 1,519 539 5.5
Jarvis Landry MIA WR 84 758 463 5.5

It should be noted that in this list there are only a few #1 Receivers. Most leading this list are #2's or slot receivers. Landry is going to get more YAC due to being in the slot. He doesn't have someone directly on him and usually has a 2 way go where as Wallace and Hartline have the other teams best defenders directly on them. But definitely a promising list to be on.

The top number 1 receivers (Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshal) have a very poor career playoff record.

In my opinion they have also had very poor or below average QBs. Only Stafford is decent.

I'm probably crazy for feeling this way, and I know there is a high likelihood that Brandon Marshall would end up punting Mike Wallace into the stands by the end of it, but if Brandon Marshall wanted to be on this team I think pairing a receiver like him in this offense would make Mike Wallace a lot better. I think Brandon Marshall is a lot closer to the type of receiver this team needs while Mike Wallace is kind of just a neat second option who will draw some heat away from the real #1--I mean, Mike Wallace will make defenses pay if they don't stick to him.

Sadly, this sort of thing just doesn't seem to happen. Whether Wallace stays or leaves, I would only retain Brian Hartline if he comes at a team friendly price. I guess I just don 't see the value in having more than one body-catcher receiver. I would like to imagine having someone like Orande Gadsden as a #2 for Ryan Tannehill. You have to have someone out there that you know if you just put the ball somewhere near by, there's a possibility they will go and get it. I think they call that... making plays.

That's because they're WR's....there's generally 5 of them and they are among an additional 48 players on the roster that are asked to work together to win football games.

Just putting that out there for some on the board who don't understand this concept.
Nonsense. Obviously the guy is a bum if he can't will the 32 other starters to victory.

:chuckle:

It's amazing how often we hear that on this site.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Brandon marshal will not fit w dolphins head coach or rt. if he cant handle Wallace forget about it move on...
Correct, yet we have many Philbin supporters here. Funny.

Do you guys hear yourself? I would take him back in a minute, I'm tired of this starting over stuff, Marshall is a proven player and tough SOB.

Back
Top Bottom