Brandon Marshall isn't happy with teammates who grumbled about the fumble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall isn't happy with teammates who grumbled about the fumble

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/29/brandon-marshall-isnt-happy-with-team
Just when we think the neverending NFL news cycle has moved past the awkward reversal of Sunday's touchdown by Ben Roethlisberger in Miami, which still gave the Steelers the ball and thus an opportunity to score the winning touchdown, the South Florida media pulls it back in.

Per Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post, who is citing an interview from three days ago, Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall told Michael Irvin on his WQAM radio show that Marshall wasn't happy with the way his teammates reacted to situation.

"Honestly, to tell you the truth, I'm disgusted that so many people in our organization and our team really harped on that as much as we did," Marshall said.  "After the game I didn't talk to the media just because of that, because that was gonna come up.  And for me to spend 10-15 minutes after the game talking about that fumble like it was the reason why we lost is something, I couldn't do and I just took myself out of that position.  And I was disappointed that most guys wasted their time talking about that one play, like that was the reason we lost."

As Volin points out, teammates of Marshall's who "harped on that" included linebackers Karlos Dansby and Channing Crowder.

"We had so many opportunities to put this team away," Marshall added.  "We got gifts.  It was Christmas for us.  We got two turnovers in their Green Zone.  All we had to do is punch it in, and we failed to do that.  The game came down to many more plays than just that one play."

We wish we would have known about Marshall's comments on Tuesday; it would have given us all the ammo we needed to persuade folks to move on.  The loss isn't coming off the board, and the Dolphins have 10 games left.  They've been beaten by three teams with one loss each.  They have no reason to hang their heads.

More importantly, they gain nothing by worrying about what might have been.  If they do, they only set themselves up for more disappointment.

Y hello thar leadership.

Good for you Marshall.

Um the thing is....If he scored and it showed he scored but said it wasnt a score he would have been livid.

I am sure Crowder and Dansby know that we had other oppurtuines to win the game..But that play is huge.

I think PFT's headline is misleading. Marshall is taking resposibility, the Fins were given opportunity's and did not take advantage of it. Good for him! Taking that attitude will help the Fins a bunch better this week! Marshall is just doing what any team leader would do!

I agree with everything that he said. It wasn't the reason why we lost the game.

I agree with everything that he said. It wasn't the reason why we lost the game.

Yea but do you think it was appropiate for him to say this?

"And I was disappointed that most guys wasted their time talking about that one play, like that was the reason we lost?

That's a bold stament.

Marshall was spot on with his comments.

Marshall has shown tremendous maturity growth this year. Im proud of that man.. Great things are coming guys..

Um the thing is....If he scored and it showed he scored but said it wasnt a score he would have been livid.

Completely agree with this. You can pick out spots in any game where if the team executed better, the result would be different. Converting a first down in the third quarter could be the reason a team is able to run out the last couple minutes of a game. But rarely is there a call like the one we saw Sunday where the outcome of the game is decided.

Completely agree with this. You can pick out spots in any game where if the team executed better, the result would be different. Converting a first down in the third quarter could be the reason a team is able to run out the last couple minutes of a game. But rarely is there a call like the one we saw Sunday where the outcome of the game is decided.

Really who knows what would have happend if Miami was awarded the ball..

Steelers had a 3 Time outs..I am not saying that the play decided the game..But it was easily the biggest call in the game..

For anyone to disagree with Marshall it shows the stupidity of people outright.

don't find an excuse to blame why we lost, instead look for why we didn't PUT the team OUT OF THE GAME so this wouldn't even have been a factor.

Thats management 101 for you people.

From a player/coach perspective, Marshall is 100% correct. That's how you have to approach things.

From the perspective of an observer, we were robbed.

Back
Top Bottom