Brandon Marshall post game interviEw | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall post game interviEw

Guys, do not want to get into this again, i believe we are all dolphin fans here.

I am as upset with our coaching, and front office staff as anyone.

Saying this guy is a class act is a bit of a stretch, just saying.

Also just saying we were a much better offense last year without him. I know it is not that simple, our running game was much better last year, which certainly helped, but Henne has gone completely down hill, for what reason, i really do not know, but having this moron on the team MAY, and i repeat MAY, have had a little something to do with it.

I really hope he does not inhibit the growth of our next QB that we bring in here, or i really will be pissed.

Henne never looked good, he was never anything special in college or last year.

Our O-line & lack of running game is the reason why this offense blows so much.

Thigpen sure as hell didn't mind Marshall for 27 & 40 on 2 passes..

Glad I read your entire post phin....
But you bring up a good point.... Why Did Henne seem to go so far down hill so fast.

No running game. Last year we had Ricky get 1000 yards and Ronnie had 600+. The running game sucked because the oline sucks and that is sporano's fault. 3 yeas and we changed interior linemen 3 times. As soon as we have no running game to bail out Henne it was apparent he cannot do it himself.

Henne never looked good, he was never anything special in college or last year.

Our O-line & lack of running game is the reason why this offense blows so much.

Thigpen sure as hell didn't mind Marshall for 27 & 40 on 2 passes..

Marshall's long catch of the day was 35 yds for one.

I also remember Marshall dropping two from Thigpen (1 long one ) against chicago when he really needed him.

I do not know the actual statistics, but it seems he was targeted an AWFUL lot to get the numbers he got today, another area he most certainly is lacking in.

Does it really matter if you catch 10 passes a game, when they have to target you 20 times to get it?

Also, what does he do with those balls after he catches them??

Last year despite having almost league leading catch numbers, he was tied for 39th, yes 39th in explosive plays (over 20 yds). Here is a hint, if you truly are a game breaker, as many here contend (or a beast), and you catch over 100 passes in a season, but only have 11 for over 20, when other receivers that caught many less, have more, what does that say??

One last thing, if Marshall is soooo good (which he isn't) how could denver bring in some NOBODY to replace him (Brandon lloyd), that actually does much better than Marshall ever did.

Pleeeeease explain that ~80 catches ~1400 yds 11 tds 23, yes 23 (not 11) 23 explosive plays for Brandon Lloyd, a nobody, that they put into Marshalls position, maybe we should trade two second rd picks for him huh??

You guys are funny, you love Marshall, thats fine, but whether you care to admit it or not we got taken, we are low hanging fruit, hopefully that will change with the next regime.

You do not have to give up big draft picks to get quality wr's, look all around the league, and see, Brandon Lloyd, stevie johnson, the Bengals played better once the two divas were gone...

Marshall's long catch of the day was 35 yds for one.

I also remember Marshall dropping two from Thigpen (1 long one ) against chicago when he really needed him.

I do not know the actual statistics, but it seems he was targeted an AWFUL lot to get the numbers he got today, another area he most certainly is lacking in.

Does it really matter if you catch 10 passes a game, when they have to target you 20 times to get it?

Also, what does he do with those balls after he catches them??

Last year despite having almost league leading catch numbers, he was tied for 39th, yes 39th in explosive plays (over 20 yds). Here is a hint, if you truly are a game breaker, as many here contend (or a beast), and you catch over 100 passes in a season, but only have 11 for over 20, when other receivers that caught many less, have more, what does that say??

One last thing, if Marshall is soooo good (which he isn't) how could denver bring in some NOBODY to replace him (Brandon lloyd), that actually does much better than Marshall ever did.

Pleeeeease explain that ~80 catches ~1400 yds 11 tds 23, yes 23 (not 11) 23 explosive plays for Brandon Lloyd, a nobody, that they put into Marshalls position, maybe we should trade two second rd picks for him huh??

You guys are funny, you love Marshall, thats fine, but whether you care to admit it or not we got taken, we are low hanging fruit, hopefully that will change with the next regime.

You do not have to give up big draft picks to get quality wr's, look all around the league, and see, Brandon Lloyd, stevie johnson, the Bengals played better once the two divas were gone...

Watch out - point out the facts about Brandon Marshall and you'll be branded a "hater". People don't want to admit that giving up two 2nd rounders on top of having to give Marshall a max contract wasn't a good deal for us.

I'm glad he's keeping his mouth closed thus far, especially given the circumstances, but the bottom line is we overpaid.

But hey, he's better than Ernest Wilford. Still need to fire Ireland/Henning/Sparano.

Just to protect me against the moronic comments to come, I have never said lets bench him, i have never said he sucked, i have always said the samething, he certainly was not worth what we gave up for him, but we are stuck with him now.

It took me a while but I finally figured out Bill Parcells, and or the front office are morons.

I was not popular when i said he was an idiot for letting JT go to the Jets, people take that as I think JT is still at the top of his game, that is not the case. He could have still helped the team, and for the money he was asking for, he should still be a dolphin.

The way they act is dispicable, it took the thing about the is your mother a prostitute, to get Zach Thomas a proper send off.

Brandon Marshall is just another dumb move, is it really that dificult to understand??

You can go on thinking he is a game changing player, like Desean Jackson or something, if you want, but in reality, he is a not so fast, not very sure handed, not so good in the locker room, or community "big play" receiver that somehow only ever averages ~11 yds a catch, that cost us two second rounders(oh, we really didn't need them anyway), and 9-10 million ayear...

Watch out - point out the facts about Brandon Marshall and you'll be branded a "hater". People don't want to admit that giving up two 2nd rounders on top of having to give Marshall a max contract wasn't a good deal for us.

I'm glad he's keeping his mouth closed thus far, especially given the circumstances, but the bottom line is we overpaid.

But hey, he's better than Ernest Wilford. Still need to fire Ireland/Henning/Sparano.

Yes he is better than Ernest Wilford, and it looks like you and i think alike.

Let some fool call me a hater, i have lived and died with every first down for this team since i was a tiny little boy, and my mother took me to the orange bowl for my first NFL game (1975 Don Strock's first start against Buffalo).

Of course Marshall isn't a Desean Jackson. or a Mike Wallace.

But to say he isn't good is blasphemy.

Fitzgerald undisputed best WR in the NFL, had a down year just like Marshall did. ****ty QB play leads to down years for WRs.

We overpaid for Dansby as well, but nobodys bitching about that. Marshall didn't really get overpaid, his production prior to our trade deserved that kind of payday.

Even with this ****ty offense ans to still put up the production he did was impressive.

Reggie wayne had 170 targets with 100 catches, put that into perspective if Marshall had 30 more targets he wouldn't of got 100 catches or more TDs?

Down years happen to the best of them bro, always will nothing will stop that at all.

Andre Johnson is undisputedly the best WR in football, and it's hard for Marshall to make explosive plays when either his QB can't get him the ball, or the line doesn't hold up well enough to get him deep. He's not a speed merchant, but Marshall was wide open at least 7-8 times by memory where Henne just flat out missed him.

The QB play, line play, play calling, and yes, some of B-Marsh's play was horrendous this year. The whole offense just needs flushed.

Of course Marshall isn't a Desean Jackson. or a Mike Wallace.

But to say he isn't good is blasphemy.

Fitzgerald undisputed best WR in the NFL, had a down year just like Marshall did. ****ty QB play leads to down years for WRs.

We overpaid for Dansby as well, but nobodys bitching about that. Marshall didn't really get overpaid, his production prior to our trade deserved that kind of payday.

Even with this ****ty offense ans to still put up the production he did was impressive.

Reggie wayne had 170 targets with 100 catches, put that into perspective if Marshall had 30 more targets he wouldn't of got 100 catches or more TDs?

Down years happen to the best of them bro, always will nothing will stop that at all.

We don't mind the Dansby money b/c it didn't cost us any picks. The problem with Marshall was the two 2nd rounders on top of the max deal. You have to admit that a 5th for Santonio Holmes was a better deal.

We don't mind the Dansby money b/c it didn't cost us any picks. The problem with Marshall was the two 2nd rounders on top of the max deal. You have to admit that a 5th for Santonio Holmes was a better deal.

You won't be saying that when we get a real QB and offense.

Why do people think picks are so ****ing great.

I'll taken proven talent over 2nd round unproven talent anyday.

Holmes is/was overrated. IMO..

I'd take B. Marsh over ( Pat White & Chad Henne), former 2nd rounders. Draft picks are great when you pick the right guys. We did not overpay for a reciever that has 4 seasons of more than 1000 yards and is arguably one our best football players. Phinphan3411 you are hating and I assume you'd be happy with those draft picks considering the amount of misses our front office have had in these drafts. I can see the fins using picks to get another qb/wr for cheap and they ended up sucking. True story!

Back
Top Bottom