Brandon Marshall predicts his best season yet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall predicts his best season yet

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
While continuing to rehabilitate his problematic image, wide receiver Brandon Marshall predicted Saturday this will be the best season of his NFL career.
“I’m not making a prediction,” Marshall said, which of course meant he was about to make one. “But this is going to be a great year for us, and for me probably the best year I’ve had.”

That would be saying something, since the fifth-year wideout is coming off three straight 100-catch seasons, making him only the fifth player in NFL history to accomplish that feat.
Marshall, 26, spoke moments before hosting a free youth football camp for chidren ages 6-14 at the Dolphins’ indoor practice facility in Davie. He plans two more, next Friday in his hometown of Winter Park and Friday, July 9 in Pittsburgh.
Marshall, who missed all the offseason workouts after undergoing hip surgery, said he’s “feeling great” and expects to be at full speed when training camp begins July 31.
Asked what has impressed him about the Dolphin team he joined after being acquired in an April 14 trade with Denver, Marshall replied, “The word that comes to mind is passion. You take on the character of your leader. Coach (Tony) Sparano being our leader, he’s really passionate and emotional about football, and that trickles down to our locker room.”
He said quarterback Chad Henne possesses “one of the best arms I’ve been around,” adding, “I’ve worked out with a lot of guys, and I’m sure his arm is up there with the best.”
He said the quality of the Miami receiving corps that has impressed him most is its intelligence.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...randon-marshall-predicts-his-best-season-yet/

Now I guess Marshall is just running his mouth. He predicted Bess will have a pro bowl year and now he will have his best year ever. Did Dan Henning just become Mike Martz lol.

predictions like this i have no problem with. good to know he's got confidence and is embracing his new team. predicting a super bowl, on the other hand ...

predictions like this i have no problem with. good to know he's got confidence and is embracing his new team. predicting a super bowl, on the other hand ...

I dont have alot of problems with predictions, its just shows me that Marshall is not thinking them out thats all. He basically just talking smack.

I dont have alot of problems with predictions, its just shows me that Marshall is not thinking them out thats all. He basically just talking smack.

that's kind of what he does anyway - just glad to hear it has a positive slant this time. marshall has never really struck me as the 'think things out' kind of guy.

Perhaps he is it saying cause that is what he has been told by his coaches. One has to remember Henning said once when you a player like a Marshall you have to put the ball on that guys hand no matter what.

Now I guess Marshall is just running his mouth. He predicted Bess will have a pro bowl year and now he will have his best year ever. Did Dan Henning just become Mike Martz lol.

Well let's just hope he doesn't start acting out once he figures out who his O-coord is...

Though Henning does have a "feed the beast" mentality and will start to shift things towards Marshall's way once he starts trusting him.

Well let's just hope he doesn't start acting out once he figures out who his O-coord is...

Though Henning does have a "feed the beast" mentality and will start to shift things towards Marshall's way once he starts trusting him.

And they have The Beast, sorry couldn't help my self. The Beast has a new number and it is not 666, anymore. It is 19.

Brandon Marshall predicts his best season yet

“I’m not making a prediction,” Marshall said, which of course meant he was about to make one. “But this is going to be a great year for us, and for me probably the best year I’ve had.”

:lol:

Henning will find all sorts of ways of getting the ball in the hands of Marshall. Just look at the numbers Muhammed and Smith put up while he was at Carolina. Henning loves those quick outs and wr screens, and Marshall is right up there with Steve Smith when it comes to ability to get yards after the catch. He may always be a run first guy, but give him quality receivers and he'll find ways to put the ball in their hands.

Henning will find all sorts of ways of getting the ball in the hands of Marshall. Just look at the numbers Muhammed and Smith put up while he was at Carolina. Henning loves those quick outs and wr screens, and Marshall is right up there with Steve Smith when it comes to ability to get yards after the catch. He may always be a run first guy, but give him quality receivers and he'll find ways to put the ball in their hands.

What I was saying is I doubt we have two pro bowl receivers in the same year with henning as ou coordinator.

What would anyone expect Brandon Marshall to say? "This is going to be my 2nd best season yet".
I certainly hope this will be his best season yet, but statistically speaking, that's a tall order.

i feel alot of you might be taking what he said out of context. Marshall I believe has never been to the playoffs, that alone can be an acheivement or a great year for marshall to top all. stats dont mean everything, and remember hes on a dolphins team with a "TEAM" first mentality. It could have already had its toll on marshall in really good way. Clutch catches, big wins, playoffs etc, are wonderful things for any player on any team with a "great year ever" mentality.

Back
Top Bottom