Brandon Marshall press conference. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall press conference.

My favorite player is now gone... I still trust the FO has something up there sleeves. I hope at least!!!

Sometimes I wonder, maybe I just do not see things correctly, it is definitely a possibility.

Guys, he is gone now, I will not take cheap shots at him now that he is gone,
Good luck to him.

I do think it was a mistake to trade for him, and think we will be better in the long run.

Why?

I could care less what big name or espn personality we have on this team, that does not interest me, I want people that help us WIN.

Brandon did nothing to help us win, it made no difference if he played or not, our offense was the same (or better) with him out.

You people obsessed with statistics and wondering what we can do to replace his numbers are missing the point, we do not have to replace his numbers, we have to improve on the 6 wins, and that is what matters.

We improved last year because of improvement in QB play....END OF STORY.

A off shoot from that was Marshall getting higher totals, not the other way around.

When you look at the major things that affect a team winning, WR talent is quite a bit down the list, turnovers, QB play, pressure on the opposing QB are right at the top.

If I could choose another player to join the dolphins at no expense, and my choices were a Cam Wake clone, or a B Marshall clone, I would choose Cam so quick it would make your head spin, he is hard to replace, I promise you, our receiving core will be fine next year, and I bet one or two will have very good seasons.

How much more successful was NE after adding their biggest name receivers, Moss, and Welker?

I know this will get me no where, because people just love this guy, but he made NO difference, none of the "conventional wisdom" people said would happen if we got him came true. He didn't open up our running game, he didn't take pressure off of our other receivers etc.

Sorry, I think Parcels giving those two seconds for him was one of the worst moves we ever made, until we start drafting our own stars, and stop over paying for other peoples cast offs, we will continue to suffer.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53

Favorite Brandon Marshall moment: tossing a football in Jay Cutler's face and costing us 15 yards.

I would have rolled with the consequences and kept him although he might have cost us a few games with his end zone dropsies. Glad to see he took the high road. Tony may not be the sharpest tool in the shed or a cut from Vince Lombardi cloth, but by all reports, he's an extremely sincere and caring person. So maybe I'll start to temper some of my criticism and unbridled joy that we'll be facing him twice a year. (or maybe not).

I do commend you for not being like alot of people on the board that have flipped the script on Brandon now that he was traded. Im not going to sugercoat this, its gets pretty annoying how people jump from side to side on their arguements just based on whether they are a fin or not. I have been a great fan of marshall off field over the years but its funny how he has did many things just as bad but now its a total bash fest. I was all for trading Marshall but not for a third and a future third which is actually like a pretty lowball offer for him. For that price I would have rode it out. I predicted last year he would implode and to my suprise after the bad start he still went out and gave a 100 percent and was the only dolphin in my mind that was actually pro bowl worthy outside of possibly Wake and Fields but he was unmistakenly a deserving pro bowler last year even with the drops.

As for Tony I dont doubt he is a good person, just a bad nfl head coach and Im actually stoked that he is the Jets OC.

Marshall is an intelligent guy. He is much smarter and much better at dealing with the media than many NFL players.

I remember back when he had all those problems with the Broncos. He came on the NFL channel and really impressed me with how he smoothed out the issues. That press conference with McDaniels after the Broncos beat the Pats when they hugged on air was a classic NFL moment.

He is undeniably a head case though. If you read the transcript of the 911 call and read the police report after the incident with his wife when he was stabbed there is no way to reconcile those two sides of him. It is just a matter of time before he removes all doubt about his character.

The way he came out publicly about his 'disorder' sure seemed pretty contrived to me. He basically copied exactly what Ricky Williams had done, only Ricky was always a class act & was genuinely sincere about his issues. Marshall was lucky he was able to lie to the police and stay out of jail. Eventually that kind of luck always run out.

Back
Top Bottom