Brandon Marshall vs. Kyle Wilson and Darius Butler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall vs. Kyle Wilson and Darius Butler

Also, I really like Kyle Wilson and think Cromartie will be out of New York in about 2-3 years, as he will be beaten out by Kyle Wilson. Jets will likely have the best cornerback tandem in the league for years to come.

UNLESS both Sean Smith and Vontae Davis turn into elite players. Then I'd have to give Miami the edge given Smith's size.

I'm not even sure about 2-3 years. The Jets are going to have to let at least 2 of Cromartie, Edwards, and Holmes walk and possibly all 3 this upcoming offseason, after they give Harris his much deserved contract. Personally if I was the Jets I keep Holmes. Sanchez is going to need all the weapons he can get.

The reason Revis didn't play Boldin in the slot wasn't because of what the two resident Jests homers here said. The reason is because Revis will be less effective in the slot. If Revis moves to the inside he will have to deal with more bodies. He's not used to that. He's accustomed to sticking on one guy and staying with him until the play is over. Move him to the inside and he will find himself getting picked, hit and blocked like crazy.

I PRAY that Marshall is moved to the slot on some plays and Revis covers him. If that happens we will either have a long pass completion or Marshall will find himself with some good space in order to catch and do his thing afterwards.

Marshall will have his way with that secondary, especially if Revis is injured.

marshall will be too much for revis cause he's more physical and can cut slot quicker. look at last year, Revis LITERALLY got burned by ted ginn constantly. and NO, revis is not the only CB to shut down Randy Moss. Davis did and took 2 balls directly out of his hands.

marshall will be too much for revis cause he's more physical and can cut slot quicker. look at last year, Revis LITERALLY got burned by ted ginn constantly. and NO, revis is not the only CB to shut down Randy Moss. Davis did and took 2 balls directly out of his hands.

Ted Ginn did not burn Revis constantly. He didn't even burn him once. That's right, that TD was on Kerry Rhodes, not Revis. And sadly, Davis did not shut down Moss. He got 2 INT's, but he also got stiff armed by Moss for a 71 yard TD... So let's not get too ahead of ourselves shall we?

Ted Ginn did not burn Revis constantly. He didn't even burn him once. That's right, that TD was on Kerry Rhodes, not Revis. And sadly, Davis did not shut down Moss. He got 2 INT's, but he also got stiff armed by Moss for a 71 yard TD... So let's not get too ahead of ourselves shall we?

That long TD was in fact against quarters coverage. Ginn split it so in my view it's on both guys. Rhodes got caught peeking at Camarillo's crossing route and Revis slowed up thinking Ginn was heading for the post.

More than anything it was the right route against the right coverage, but speaking strictly about assignments it's wrong to place the blame soley on Kerry Rhodes as you have done.

We really need to hope for a Baldwin, Floyd, or Jones in the draft next year to give us a legitimate beast opposite Marshall. That's when we'll really be able to best utilize Marshall's talents, when we force a team to play him straight up and risk him killing you, or double Marshall and risk the WR on the other side, and Bess in the slot killing you.

There are some really talented teams in this division, and Revis/Butler/McCourty are going to be around for a long while, and I'll neve trust Brian freaking Hartline to be an issue for those guys. I'd like some real matchup issues on the other side.

That's if we don't go for Rudolph of course.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

You're wrong. After the game Revis even said it was on him.

hartline will be shut down in man to man vs both teams. marshall will be in double coverage with the best cb and safety on him. bess will draw the slot corner and most likely a safety as well watching him and fasano over the middle. our best chances to beat these teams will be fasano over the middle when bess draws attention, the 1 or 2 plays hartline beats man coverage, and checkdowns to ronnie and ricky, other then that were gonna run run run allll day. look for lousaka polite on 3rd downs. i think our passing game gets shut down to 200 yards which is okay if we can run

The reason Revis didn't play Boldin in the slot wasn't because of what the two resident Jests homers here said. The reason is because Revis will be less effective in the slot. If Revis moves to the inside he will have to deal with more bodies. He's not used to that. He's accustomed to sticking on one guy and staying with him until the play is over. Move him to the inside and he will find himself getting picked, hit and blocked like crazy.

I PRAY that Marshall is moved to the slot on some plays and Revis covers him. If that happens we will either have a long pass completion or Marshall will find himself with some good space in order to catch and do his thing afterwards.

That's nice that you have your own idea of why he wasn't on Boldin. It doesn't really match up with reality though. Last year he followed the #1 where ever he went and our HC specifically said that the reason why he wasn't on Boldin was to save his legs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/1728/rex-boldin-shouldve-been-on-revis-island

Willie, did Revis have the hamstring thing going into the game or did it happen during or after? I don't think you ever want anybody else on a #1 receiver other than the #1 CB in the league. If it was before the game I could understand, sorta. But if it wasn't, that was a bad deicision.

Willie, did Revis have the hamstring thing going into the game or did it happen during or after? I don't think you ever want anybody else on a #1 receiver other than the #1 CB in the league. If it was before the game I could understand, sorta. But if it wasn't, that was a bad deicision.

He didn't have tightness until practice this week. Tightness is not an injury. They're just being careful ya know? Rex was being cautious with his best player MNF, even though he admits it was a mistake I have a hard time really faulting him.

Its just tightness, i had no idea. Just my opinion about it but if Rex woulda stuck him on Boldin you guys probably won it defensively.

Its just tightness, i had no idea. Just my opinion about it but if Rex woulda stuck him on Boldin you guys probably won it defensively.

You're probably right. Rex admitted it was a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom