Brandon Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall

TropicalSwarm13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just don't get why we are not hot and heavy for this guy, it is maddening!

Over the last 3 years, he only has 307 catches for +/- 3,700 yds and 23 TD's (2 years w/ Cutler, 1 w/ Orton).

This is comparable to any top receiver in the NFL, ie. Andre Johnson.
The guy, in my opinion, is one of the best receivers in the NFL and the best is yet to come.
This is EXACTLY what Henne needs to get to the next level ala Tom Brady, Matt Schaub etc. He needs a big play guy he can rely on and grow with.
I really believe if we land this guy they will form 1 of the deadlier tandems like Jonson and Schaub.
The best part is I TRULY believe we could probably get him for Ginn & a 3rd or 4th round pick, to me this is a no brainer.
Ya, he has had some off field problems but nothing like some of the guys out there and through his play you can tell this guy genuinely loves the game (you tell me Moss is always a model citizen, I'll take his production and deal w/ a headache or two anytime)!

Damn, opportunity's like this don't come around often, I hope we don't drop the ball and lose out on a true Star.

on a side note, when is Plexico Burress getting released from prison?

Marshall is a great talent and in need of a new start. Much like Moss in New Englan. The Pats were able to take the gamble coming of 3 Superbowl wins. The Dolphins can't gamble on Marshall because we can't afford to have such a high draft pick go towards a player that has a checkered past.

Could you expand.....

I think he wanted to say he's been arrested for more than 1 DUI, multiple battery and domestic violence charges,Police were sent to his home more than 10 times since he's been in the NFL.. not to mention he stabed his GF's,BFF after ramming her car..clearly he's a code of conduct suspension ticking timebomb.. And he's a crybaby

I think he wanted to say he's been arrested for more than 1 DUI, multiple battery and domestic violence charges, not to mention he stabed his GF's,BFF after ramming her car.. And he's a crybaby

1. Dui that was plead down to a driving while impared conviction, which is a class C Traffic misdemeanor. Same as a speeding ticket or careless driving.

2. None of the Domestic Violence cases were prosecuted, all charges were dropped/dismissed or never filed.

3. The stab wound was believed to be self inflicted and per The Fulton County Prosecutor the ex-girlfriends story was never the same.

I am not defending him! I just like to keep the facts straight.

1. Dui that was plead down to a driving while impared conviction, which is a class C Traffic misdemeanor. Same as a speeding ticket or careless driving.

2. None of the Domestic Violence cases were prosecuted, all charges were dropped/dismissed or never filed.

3. The stab wound was believed to be self inflicted and per The Fulton County Prosecutor the ex-girlfriends story was never the same.

something a few posters on these boards have a VERY VERY hard time doing.

It would be great if we could get Marshall but they will only take a 1 and I don't think the FO would do that.

Would love to have him, I think he is top 3 WR in the game but when you have multiple domestic battery issues History shows it never ends well..Just ask the Panthers F.O.

Why is it so hard for some of you guys to grasp the fact that the guy is a piece of crap. He is one more misstep away from being suspended for the whole year. You say the guy plays hard. He is playing hard because he has been bitching about getting a new contract. Once he gets his big payday what do you think will happen? He is the type of guy, even after he gets a big payday, will complain every time another wide receiver signs a more lucrative contract than his. Even with all of Marshall's production, the Broncos can't get rid of him fast enough. What does that tell you? It tells you that he just isn't worth it. The difference between Marshall and Moss is that Moss was just a front runner. When things were not going well, he would mope and not give great effort. He wasn't a horrible human being and he was traded for a FOURTH ROUND PICK, not a first round pick. Their was almost no risk trading for Moss.

Would love to have him, I think he is top 3 WR in the game but when you have multiple domestic battery issues History shows it never ends well..Just ask the Panthers F.O.

Yeah it is a risk we can't take, but a team like New England could. They have 3 second round picks and who are they gonna get better then Marshall @ 23 overall?

Why is it so hard for some of you guys to grasp the fact that the guy is a piece of crap. He is one more misstep away from being suspended for the whole year. You say the guy plays hard. He is playing hard because he has been bitching about getting a new contract. Once he gets his big payday what do you think will happen? He is the type of guy, even after he gets a big payday, will complain every time another wide receiver signs a more lucrative contract than his. Even with all of Marshall's production, the Broncos can't get rid of him fast enough. What does that tell you? It tells you that he just isn't worth it. The difference between Marshall and Moss is that Moss was just a front runner. When things were not going well, he would mope and not give great effort. He wasn't a horrible human being and he was traded for a FOURTH ROUND PICK, not a first round pick. Their was almost no risk trading for Moss.

OK I have had this discussion with other posters. There is no set discipline table for violating the league's player conduct policy. Marshall was suspended for 3 games and won his appeal because the very charges he was suspended for were dismissed. He was cautioned further incidents could lead to another suspension upto a year. There has never been a statement of you do it again and you are suspended for a year. That would show prejudice and would make for a easy win on appeal to a arbitrator which remember are federal arbitrators. That is what happens when you have a collective barginning agreement. The arbitrator would be forced to look at other suspensions like Vick who had a official league suspension of 3 games when he went to federal prision, Stallworth got a yr for pleading guilty to killing a man. Tank Johnson got 8 games for spending months in jail. Predicting his suspension is hypothetical at best and I would almost guarantee if there is a next time Goodell will wait for a conviction. That seems to be the pattern he has followed since the Marshall suspension was over turned.

I don't care what side of the Brandon Marshall ledger you fall under, the bottom line is there is ZERO chance that Brandon Marshall will be a Miami Dolphin. End of story, cut and dry.

Back
Top Bottom