Brandon marshall | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon marshall

Last season the Brandon Marshall played in 16 games for the Miami Dolphins. He had 81 receptions for 1,214 yards, with a 15 yard average. He also caught 6 touchdowns for the Dolphins. Marshall had a great year, one of the best years from a wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins in many years. He did so well that he made the Pro Bowl AND, he was selected the MVP for that Pro Bowl last season.

Why did the Dolphins let him go, for two THIRD round picks nonetheless?

Brandon Marshall was traded to the Bears where he has only played in SIX games and he already has almost as many touchdowns as he did last season and he is on pace to break all his Pro Bowl stats from last season. Marshall has 41 receptions, 577 Yards, 14.1 yard average, with 4 touchdowns, and this is all after just six games played.

I wonder what Tannehill's stats would look like if the Dolphins had a true #1 receiver.

Some things are more important than statistics.

He always gave effort. He would be doing even better than last year if he was still here also. We traded him cause we thought he was gonna get in touble for that issue he had. Nothing ever happened with that and we got horrible compensation cause of it.

Better effort than inexplicably running out of bounds?

I don't think I've EVER seen a player do that. Ever in that situation.

Philbin is building a base here. A team. I have high confidence in Philbin and what he's
doing.

Nice Posts.

I created a thread a week ago and I can't find it anywhere. I am new here and I haven't figured out how to find my own threads and posts. I was asking this forum who they wanted to draft in 2013 since there are going to be a ton of good wide receivers. Since the Dolphins don't really have a true #1 receiver, which WR's would you like to see the Dolphins draft next offseason? Is there anyone you would want them go make a strong push for in free agency, like Wallace? Woods, Hopkins and Bailey would all make nice additions.

Nice Posts.

I created a thread a week ago and I can't find it anywhere. I am new here and I haven't figured out how to find my own threads and posts. I was asking this forum who they wanted to draft in 2013 since there are going to be a ton of good wide receivers. Since the Dolphins don't really have a true #1 receiver, which WR's would you like to see the Dolphins draft next offseason? Is there anyone you would want them go make a strong push for in free agency, like Wallace? Woods, Hopkins and Bailey would all make nice additions.

The quickest way to find your previous posts is to click on YOUR NAME above your avatar, and then up will pop an area that says, View Forum Posts. There is a Forum on FH that is devoted to the annual NFL draft, so you can check out who many of us are focusing on. As far as Wide Receivers.....I would say the main focus has been on -

1. Keenan Allen, Cal
2. Robert Woods, USC
3. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
4. Justin Hunter, Tenn
5. Terrance Williams, Baylor
6. Da'Rick Rogers, Tenn Tech

I'd rather draft for our WR needs, but there should be some nice FA's next year. I don't want to trade away any of our picks for 2013, however, as we have lots of needs, unless someone makes us a deal we can't refuse.

While Marshall is a true number one receiver, I don't think we've missed him on or off the field. It is clear the guy wanted out, and he was rightly shown the door. He might have good stats so far this season, but we've got Hartline who has stepped up, and the rest are contributing to some degree. Plus, before the trade deadline you never know if they bring in someone else, but that is probably unlikely. Overall though, I don't think we are missing Marshall.

The quickest way to find your previous posts is to click on YOUR NAME above your avatar, and then up will pop an area that says, View Forum Posts. There is a Forum on FH that is devoted to the annual NFL draft, so you can check out who many of us are focusing on. As far as Wide Receivers.....I would say the main focus has been on -

1. Keenan Allen, Cal
2. Robert Woods, USC
3. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
4. Justin Hunter, Tenn
5. Terrance Williams, Baylor
6. Da'Rick Rogers, Tenn Tech

I'd rather draft for our WR needs, but there should be some nice FA's next year. I don't want to trade away any of our picks for 2013, however, as we have lots of needs, unless someone makes us a deal we can't refuse.

Thanks for the post and information.

At the beginning of the season I thought the Dolphins would have a great shot at drafting Keenan Allen, as did most people. However, coach Philbin and company have gotten the best out of the players they have to work with and I think they will be drafting too high to be able to get him. This looks to be a strong WR draft class and the Dolphins appear to be sitting in a very good position with so many draft picks. I have no idea what they plan to do with all of them but I would be surprised if they didn't draft two WR's early in the draft.

lol, Brandon Marshall....good locker room influence.

Earl Bennett wore his orange cleats again on "Monday Night Football." In one of the most predictable stories of the year, he was fined again for it.

The Chicago Bears wide receiver told ESPNChicago.com on Thursday that he was fined $10,500 for wearing the cleats. He was fined twice for the doing the same last year because the NFL ruled it was a violation of the league's uniform policy. Bennett says it wasn't planned ahead of time.

"It actually came about when I walked in the locker room (before the game), and because I had them in my bag, and I wasn't sure if I was going to wear them," Bennett said. "Then Brandon Marshall was like, 'Let's wear them.' So I just put them on. I probably wouldn't have worn them if he wouldn't have agreed to it."

There's a strong chance Marshall was also fined, although that hasn't been confirmed. Last year, Bennett wore the cleats in two straight games. The NFL threatened to eject him and give the Bears a penalty if he did it three straight games. So, uh, we guess Bennett has one game to work with if he's feeling orange again this week against the Carolina Panthers.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-earl-bennett-fined-for-wearing-orange-cleats

Thanks for this thread mate. I have bever seen this topic before! Perhaps we can discuss Tannehill nicknames next?

I wonder if we can go a week without a Brandon Marshall thread in the main forum every time he has a pretty good game. :ponder:

Ain't it the truth. Odd how he didn't mention all the dropped passes and penalties. Don't they count too? LMBO!

as long as we turn those two 3rd rounders into something who gives a rip at this point.

marshall was a beast. he's obvioulsy better than any WR we have had in a long long time. he's gone now.

lets talk about big tits instead.

Back
Top Bottom