Brandon Marshall's route running | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall's route running

Great qb's and wr's improvise all the time. Look at A. Rodgers in GB, this has happened a few times this year to the packers. To say we need to stop improvising bc of one miscue is over the top. How many times does this happen a game that fans never even notice, bc fans only notice when the play turns out badly. Some plays are designed with option or secondary routes drawn in.

Lets all just hope next time our qb and wr are on the same wavelength.

So you're criticizng Brandon Marshall for converting his route from a fade to a curl which he did on the previous drive and barreled through JA for a touchdown?

If Henne had the football IQ and awareness of at least an average starting NFL QB, Henne makes that play and we are probably 1-1.

It was Henne's mistake, not Marshalls. Fans here don't bash Marshall day in and day out like they do with Henne.

Marshall saw the play from the beginning. BM is not one of the leagues worst starters, HENNE IS. HE JUST SCORED ON THE EXACT SAME PLAY... Marshall saw it, he thought Henne did, but clearly Henne isn't good enough to know to make that change at the line yet.

Give me a break.

its on neither and its on BOTH. marshall saw something. but they MUST communicate it to each other. they gotta have a hand signal for that. u cant put this on henne for throwing the intended route. lets be honest whether is a back shoulder read or a fade its JASON FRICKEN ALLEN. marshall has the edge. if marshall runs the intended route its STILL a touchdown. so there is NO right or wrong here. but this is on these players to step up and communicate and this is on the coaches for not facilitating that communication. WHY ISNT THERE A PREEXISTING SYSTEM IN PLACE???? that helps these players to communicate their beliefs about an existing coverage. and if there isnt. come on guys STEP UP. do it yourselves. marshall you are a professional and ur paid like one of the best receivers in the game. STEP UP! and Henne u are the QB for an NFL franchise. be the leader. STEP UP. sparano - well this is a lost cause. we cant expect u to step up. we already know u cant coach.

So what is the excuse for BM stop and going in the middle of the field vs. the Pats the second game last year, was that also on Henne? And BM/Henne combination stats would have lookd better on paper than the Cutler and Otron years had BM and Henne stayed healthy.

The people who give BM so much credit for being the sharpest tool in the toolbox changing plays at the LOS - one only need to look at his behaviour in recent years in Miami and in Denver to see that the guy just does what the guy wants. He aint so sharp at all... blessed and gifted with talant yes... I even like him on this team bbut give credit where credit is due

But I know the excuses already - I know I nkow he is completely different person on the field and in practice than he is in his regular every day to day life - YAH RIGHT!! Show me one case where this is ever true. Socio paths aside

Henne is the consumate pro on Offense - he doesn't throw people under the bus and sadly he is going to lead to a few wins, just a few games to keep us out of the Luck running but still have a shot at Barkley and Landry Jones...

You have to pay attention to the coverage. Jason Allen was playing 3-4 yards off Marshall pre-snap. That's the first indication that a DB is playing press technique.

The problem was Henne didn't continue reading the coverage AFTER the snap, Marshall did.

Instead of pressing, Allen continued into a bail technique that increased his cushion, Henne is supposed to read that and hit Marshall on the backshoulder for an e-a-s-y touchdown.

You people need to watch quarterbacks like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Matt Ryan play the quarterback position so you can see how it's supposed to be played. This is basic material that NFL quarterbacks worth a damn make look easy....

i see your point here. didnt look at the play. yeah thats just gotta be another TD. cant continue to make these mistakes. i just dont think that Henne processes that evolving information very fast. maybe the robot is a perfect name for him. too mechanical. doesnt adapt as well as he should when the action speeds up. there has been some improvemnt. but it seems this has always been the case with the guy and perhaps in this area he just doesnt possess the ceiling the potential to ever take that next step.

So what is the excuse for BM stop and going in the middle of the field vs. the Pats the second game last year, was that also on Henne? And BM/Henne combination stats would have lookd better on paper than the Cutler and Otron years had BM and Henne stayed healthy.

The people who give BM so much credit for being the sharpest tool in the toolbox changing plays at the LOS - one only need to look at his behaviour in recent years in Miami and in Denver to see that the guy just does what the guy wants. He aint so sharp at all... blessed and gifted with talant yes... I even like him on this team bbut give credit where credit is due

But I know the excuses already - I know I nkow he is completely different person on the field and in practice than he is in his regular every day to day life - YAH RIGHT!! Show me one case where this is ever true. Socio paths aside

Henne is the consumate pro on Offense - he doesn't throw people under the bus and sadly he is going to lead to a few wins, just a few games to keep us out of the Luck running but still have a shot at Barkley and Landry Jones...

I don't even like Brandon Marshall... but the bottom line is anybody that doesn't realize that Henne is the one that blew it on that play doesn't know what they're looking at. They don't understand the intracacies and techniques of football...

It's not a terrible thing, but just stop arguing when you have no clue what you're talking about. Just say you don't know.

Receivers are required to read coverage just like a quarterback does... they have to determine leverage by the DB on option routes and make the correct adjustment.

Marshall made the correct adjustment in this instance, Henne didn't continue to read the coverage. Which is why he threw the ball closer to Jason Allen than he did Marshall.

You have to pay attention to the coverage. Jason Allen was playing 3-4 yards off Marshall pre-snap. That's the first indication that a DB is playing press technique.

The problem was Henne didn't continue reading the coverage AFTER the snap, Marshall did.

Instead of pressing, Allen continued into a bail technique that increased his cushion, Henne is supposed to read that and hit Marshall on the backshoulder for an e-a-s-y touchdown.

You people need to watch quarterbacks like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Matt Ryan play the quarterback position so you can see how it's supposed to be played. This is basic material that NFL quarterbacks worth a damn make look easy....

Thank you O football guru...

I find your "tone" to "us people" on this board offensive...

That being said I agree with you 100%.

It's obvious on this play that Henne should have known to go short and let Marsh dominate Allen like he did before. The only thing Marsh did wrong was not indicate that he wanted a short throw. That goes to show that there are still some chemistry issues that need to be tweaked. I'm not protecting Henne. He screwed that up. I brought this up in another thread saying this exact thing. Allen gave Marsh about a 5-8 yard cushion by the time Henne should have released the ball, and Marsh would have destroyed Allen again if Henne noticed it. The one defense for Henne was that IF Marshall played his route like he was supposed to pre-snap, the pass was in a "decent" spot for him to make a catch over Allen like he had done twice earlier in the game.

Marsh broke that route off correctly, and Henne has to notice the change. A QB has to know how to read his targets. Qb's have to feel out what is appropriate at the time of the play. Watching Rodgers throw back shoulder darts is in-freaking-credible. He knows exactly how his receivers are going to break on the ball almost every single time. He throws it to the spot it should be in right before his receivers break on the route. Henne has trouble with timing for various reasons that I'm honestly not knowledgable enough to know about. Some games it doesn't look natural for him to be a QB. He thinks way too hard about where the ball should be and doesn't focus on how to get it to the spot. He doesn't play instinctually all the time. When he does he looks great. He's just Mr. Inconsistency.

Thank you O football guru...

I find your "tone" to "us people" on this board offensive...

That being said I agree with you 100%.

It's obvious on this play that Henne should have known to go short and let Marsh dominate Allen like he did before. The only thing Marsh did wrong was not indicate that he wanted a short throw. That goes to show that there are still some chemistry issues that need to be tweaked. I'm not protecting Henne. He screwed that up. I brought this up in another thread saying this exact thing. Allen gave Marsh about a 5-8 yard cushion by the time Henne should have released the ball, and Marsh would have destroyed Allen again if Henne noticed it. The one defense for Henne was that IF Marshall played his route like he was supposed to pre-snap, the pass was in a "decent" spot for him to make a catch over Allen like he had done twice earlier in the game.

Marsh broke that route off correctly, and Henne has to notice the change. A QB has to know how to read his targets. Qb's have to feel out what is appropriate at the time of the play. Watching Rodgers throw back shoulder darts is in-freaking-credible. He knows exactly how his receivers are going to break on the ball almost every single time. He throws it to the spot it should be in right before his receivers break on the route. Henne has trouble with timing for various reasons that I'm honestly not knowledgable enough to know about. Some games it doesn't look natural for him to be a QB. He thinks way too hard about where the ball should be and doesn't focus on how to get it to the spot. He doesn't play instinctually all the time. When he does he looks great. He's just Mr. Inconsistency.

The only thing Marshall can do is throw his hand up if he's going to break his route off short. Henne has about a tenth of a second to see that and react to it. Yeah... right.

Marshall shouldn't have had to have a "signal" for Henne on that particular play because it was THAT obvious what the correct read was. Marshall didn't even know that breaking his route off was going to be the best option until he was already into it. Allen didn't bail on his press technique until post-snap.

The details of playing the quarterback position have never come easy to Chad Henne.... it's like pulling teeth just to get this guy to where he's not a liability anymore.

It's the same bozos over and over again that make every excuse in the world for him that I've been arguing with for 2 years.... I don't particularly give a **** who finds the tone offensive.

Matt Cassell 11 -5 with the Pats - he was great in this system

You play within the system given - we don't know what the play is supposed to look like - pure speculation at best that this is how the play was supposed to look

LAST year BM stops and starts his route vs. the Pats second game easy pickends for the INT - this is clear - BM showed he had a mind of his own last year - maybe things have changed either way the two need to draw up some hand signals and get on the same page similar to to Brady and Welker and how they toyed with our DBs on the LOS this year

Brandon Marshall will be dead by this time next year. cant catch a damn ball cus his head is on backwards. i dont care if he has a disabillity. you got a disability? you dont play.

Don't care what anyone says Marshall hasn't been worth two 2nd rd picks. Still can count his TDs with Miami on one hand.

The only thing Marshall can do is throw his hand up if he's going to break his route off short. Henne has about a tenth of a second to see that and react to it. Yeah... right.

Marshall shouldn't have had to have a "signal" for Henne on that particular play because it was THAT obvious what the correct read was. Marshall didn't even know that breaking his route off was going to be the best option until he was already into it. Allen didn't bail on his press technique until post-snap.

The details of playing the quarterback position have never come easy to Chad Henne.... it's like pulling teeth just to get this guy to where he's not a liability anymore.

It's the same bozos over and over again that make every excuse in the world for him that I've been arguing with for 2 years.... I don't particularly give a **** who finds the tone offensive.

Great job taking what I said out of context. Or maybe I'm taking your post out of context. I don't know nor do I care since we came to the same conclusion about what should have gone down.

Marshall = Great.
Henne = Blows.

clear.gif

Don't care what anyone says Marshall hasn't been worth two 2nd rd picks. Still can count his TDs with Miami on one hand.

Those would've just been another 2 blown 2nd round picks...that round is cursed with this regime.

I talked about this last night in another thread that I cant even see anymore, maybe its on page 2 and I am not going to bother to find it.

I'll save myself the trouble and let you guys know it went something like this:

blah blah blah

Marshall read that play right blah blah blah

Him and Henne need to sync up better because they are still out of whack and they've been together know for well over a season.

blah blah blah

:tongue:

Matt Cassell 11 -5 with the Pats - he was great in this system

You play within the system given - we don't know what the play is supposed to look like - pure speculation at best that this is how the play was supposed to look

LAST year BM stops and starts his route vs. the Pats second game easy pickends for the INT - this is clear - BM showed he had a mind of his own last year - maybe things have changed either way the two need to draw up some hand signals and get on the same page similar to to Brady and Welker and how they toyed with our DBs on the LOS this year

:lol: man this is some crazy $#%&

Back
Top Bottom