Brandon Meriweather Saftey? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Meriweather Saftey?

As some have eluded, we only sign bad Cowboy rejects.

He would be an upgrade plus as Nublar has said, he can give us info...we need all the help for that monday night.

Tony isn't too smart to go with this guy though...

I wouldn't mind giving him a look, this team has some shut down guys (Davis and Smith) and solid run stoppers (Bell) out in the secondary. But they don't have a guy that can force turnovers. We all remember how mightily Smith struggled to catch INT's last year. A guy like Merriweather, who is an improvement ability wise over guys like Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons already, would definitely be an improvement to the secondary as a whole with his ability to create big plays. Also he's from Miami, that home sweet home appeal is something I always think is worth looking into.

meriweather is more of a strong safety.. if we were to add him then we would have to trade or release yeremiah! right now, im not ready to do that.. I like meriweather though, and think his most likely landing spot is with the colts

no chace at all. Merriweather is too much of a "THUG." Plus the Dolphins, don't liking picking up former Hurricanes.

meriweather is not going to be a dolphin. we already have plans with the people we have.

Meriweather being gone is good enough for me. do they replace him with darren sharper?

as long as he doesnt become a jet, we're good.

I think people are forgetting that Merriweather has been seen as a weakness in what has been a lackluster secondary for the Pats. Interceptions do not define a playmaker. He's a guy who goes for the big hit more than he goes for the ball. THe Pats fans I've talked to said it was a complete joke that he made the pro bowl last year. And honestly, if it weren't for the fact he was a Patriot, a lot more people would be critical of his game play.

I think people are forgetting that Merriweather has been seen as a weakness in what has been a lackluster secondary for the Pats. Interceptions do not define a playmaker. He's a guy who goes for the big hit more than he goes for the ball. THe Pats fans I've talked to said it was a complete joke that he made the pro bowl last year. And honestly, if it weren't for the fact he was a Patriot, a lot more people would be critical of his game play.

This here. Meriweather is not a very good football player. Bell is older and they probably need to look into finding a replacement for him next year, but Meriweather takes everything bad about Bell and amplifies it while not really providing any upside to it.

Also he's a scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom