Brandon Pili: The new rookie of the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Pili: The new rookie of the Miami Dolphins

I'm not sure Pili is a great fit. We need a NT, but we need him to be a 2-gapper, not a penetrating 1 gapper. I basically see Pili as a lesser version of Davis. Maybe that's the plan? Pili will go on the PS for a season and then take Davis' spot next year?

I'm not sure Pili is a great fit. We need a NT, but we need him to be a 2-gapper, not a penetrating 1 gapper. I basically see Pili as a lesser version of Davis. Maybe that's the plan? Pili will go on the PS for a season and then take Davis' spot next year?
Maybe.

More likely he doesn't make the team and is never heard from again.

I really do not understand the mindset that every mongrel (no offense to any player personally) that the Phins pick up to fill out or TC allotment is some sort of perspective high quality starter in waiting.

If another team picked this guy up, ppl here would shrug, and say so what.......

Sure, there's a chance, but history indicates that is somewhere between slim, and none. We have been quite fortunate with secondary players like Kohou, and Needham prior, but still.

Maybe.

I really do not understand the mindset that every mongrel (no offense to any player personally) that the Phins pick up to fill out or TC allotment is some sort of perspective high quality starter in waiting.

If another team picked this guy up, ppl here would shrug, and say so what.......
There certainly hasn't been anybody in this thread claiming that Pili is a perspective high quality starter.

There certainly hasn't been anybody in this thread claiming that Pili is a perspective high quality starter.
Well, we are only up to 7 posts, so............

I have already seen speculation in the RD threads about Pili being a possible replacement. I wasn't accusing anyone specific of anything. It was a comment about me not understanding a mindset that surely does exist to some extent.

Based on the highlights I watched, I doubt he makes the team at all. Maybe the PS, but he doesn't look like an NFL ready player to me at all. I don't understand why he is getting so much hype.

Well, we are only up to 7 posts, so............

I have already seen speculation in the RD threads about Pili being a possible replacement. I wasn't accusing anyone specific of anything. It was a comment about me not understanding a mindset that surely does exist to some extent.
Obviously there's always hope. But mostly it's about speculating what the plan is for the player. That doesn't mean the plan will come to fruition or even that a person expects it. Personally, I hate the implication that when I like a player's chances (and for the record Pili isn't a player who's chances I like) it must b/c I'm a homer and not b/c I've watched film and found attributes that translate to the NFL.

Six years in college and only 29 solo tackles in all those years. I would give him a very long shot to make the 53 man roster but maybe he will make it to the practice squad if he shows anything in training camp.

Obviously there's always hope. But mostly it's about speculating what the plan is for the player. That doesn't mean the plan will come to fruition or even that a person expects it. Personally, I hate the implication that when I like a player's chances (and for the record Pili isn't a player who's chances I like) it must b/c I'm a homer and not b/c I've watched film and found attributes that translate to the NFL.
I know I was replying to your post but didn't mean to imply that in any way. I have always considered you very objective in any player analysis. You must admit, though, that there are many who are not (objective).

I think the hype around Pili is due to the obvious opportunity for a DT to get early playing time.

The team is lacking depth at that spot so IF he can play he could see the field right away.

I think the hype around Pili is due to the obvious opportunity for a DT to get early playing time.

The team is lacking depth at that spot so IF he can play he could see the field right away.
Low risk / high reward if he pans out in two years.

If he doesn't, then on the the next wide body.

Maybe.

Sure, there's a chance, but history indicates that is somewhere between slim, and none. We have been quite fortunate with secondary players like Kohou, and Needham prior, but still.

Mongrel.

Wow!

Nothing further to say about.

Back
Top Bottom