Brandon Pili: The new rookie of the Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Pili: The new rookie of the Miami Dolphins

Definitely going to be like Tim Bowens in the middle.
But better watching his tape and expecting 300% improvement.
Can't believe he fell to UDFA!!

Mongrel.

Wow!

Nothing further to say about.
In the context of a dog without a pedigree, as in not highly drafted from a top collegiate program, and an UDFA. There was no racial connotation, though I can see how it might be taken. Thank you for pointing it out. I shall be more careful in the future.

Again, my apologies

I think the hype around Pili is due to the obvious opportunity for a DT to get early playing time.

The team is lacking depth at that spot so IF he can play he could see the field right away.
I admit that when I saw they signed a DT, I was hopeful, but the little bit of film I saw was not what I was hoping to see

Maybe.

More likely he doesn't make the team and is never heard from again.

I really do not understand the mindset that every mongrel (no offense to any player personally) that the Phins pick up to fill out or TC allotment is some sort of perspective high quality starter in waiting.

If another team picked this guy up, ppl here would shrug, and say so what.......

Sure, there's a chance, but history indicates that is somewhere between slim, and none. We have been quite fortunate with secondary players like Kohou, and Needham prior, but still.

I mean...it's kinda difficult to not take "mongrel" personally. ;)

Maybe.

More likely he doesn't make the team and is never heard from again.

I really do not understand the mindset that every mongrel (no offense to any player personally) that the Phins pick up to fill out or TC allotment is some sort of perspective high quality starter in waiting.

If another team picked this guy up, ppl here would shrug, and say so what.......

Sure, there's a chance, but history indicates that is somewhere between slim, and none. We have been quite fortunate with secondary players like Kohou, and Needham prior, but still.
Pili has the makings of an All Pro.......the HOF is also possible for him. Hard to believe all 32 teams passed on him on draft week.

I mean...it's kinda difficult to not take "mongrel" personally. ;)
Meh, I'm a mongrel human. I have no issue with it in in the proper context. Generally, mongrel dogs are healthier and less temperamental than purebreds.

It's only offensive if the one saying it considers themselves superior in some way.

Anyway, I already explained the context, and said I would endeavor to choose terms more carefully, so as not to offend those who take things more literally than intended.

Last edited:
Meh, I'm a mongrel human. I have no issue with it in in the proper context. Generally, mongrel dogs are healthier and less temperamental than purebreds.

It's only offensive if the one saying it considers themselves superior in some way.

Anyway, I already explained the context, and said I would endeavor to choose terms more carefully, so as not to offend those who take things more literally than intended.

The wink smiley should have clearly indicated that I was just teasing.

I’d extend this to draft picks as well, particularly late rounders. Most our 6th or 7th round picks barely stick, if at all, past the first year.

Picks like Gaskin are exceptions to the norm…

Back
Top Bottom