Brandt: Dolphin fans have reason to smile | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt: Dolphin fans have reason to smile

watched his interview from last year's combine, dude is all 'ball'. especially like the way he calculates; his quarterback expectations, the sack ratio, passer rating, and the amount of touchdown passes he'd like to see thrown. "touchdown passes" guys! say it over and over. touch-down-passes. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

saw that same interview, the guy just flat out knows his stuff, been coaching football for 28 years has probably seen it all, coming from the Packers he knows what it takes to win consistently and most importantly he knows the value of a good QB and how to put together a gameplan during the week

and IMO it benefits him that he was not calling the plays because he got to "sit back" and see the gameplan unfold and could concentrate on the current plays more than what he was going to call next

Saw this interesting statement on a packers forum:

" I know Philbin's partial absence for the preparation leading up to our Giants loss was unavoidable and under extraordinary circumstances, but did we see a snapshot of what life might be like without him in terms of offensive performance? To a man, our offensive players swear that no other coach provides the meticulous attention to detail and scrutiny that Philbin does, and ARod has more than once exclaimed how that attention to detail has transformed him as a player..."

Knowing little about the man it's nice to hear this, although must also consider it's from a forum and 50/50 shot at being valid...but today is a day of looking at the bright side...........and seeing the positive........(for a change)

Does Belichick praising Saban count?? :chuckle:
Noone could really say anything bad about the Saban hire at the time. He was the best college coach and he had an NFL background. In retrospect still was a good hire just didnt work out for reasons we still dont totally know. Saban is still by far the best coach in college and will probably be content never coaching in NFL again. People assume that coaching in NFL is a higher level than college but in reality they are two different varients of the same professsion. There are quite a few college coaches that make more money than NFL coaches.

Noone could really say anything bad about the Saban hire at the time. He was the best college coach and he had an NFL background. In retrospect still was a good hire just didnt work out for reasons we still dont totally know. Saban is still by far the best coach in college and will probably be content never coaching in NFL again. People assume that coaching in NFL is a higher level than college but in reality they are two different varients of the same professsion. There are quite a few college coaches that make more money than NFL coaches.

The biggest difference is you can't browbeat or bully young millionaires with contracts who are not concerned about losing scholarships. :idk:

The biggest difference is you can't browbeat or bully young millionaires with contracts who are not concerned about losing scholarships. :idk:

Well in reality if a player is a stud he could always go to another school so its much like the NFL if a player makes a certain amount of money a coach really cant do anything if it comes to that level of disagreement. So in reality that aspect is not that different but I agree that a coach has much less authority and power in the NFL esp if that player makes alot of money.

Nothing AT ALL against Philbin, but it would be understandable if he had difficulty focusing and concentrating. I know I would. What strikes me is that this is so soon after an unspeakable tragedy, just a week or two. I wish him the best, but many people in his situation would be a wreck.

Staying busy will probably help. It's the time when he doesn't have anything going on that would be the most difficult I'd imagine. It's a horrible situation but I hope the whole Dolphins organization welcomes him and makes him feel okay.

I'm rooting for him

Staying busy will probably help. It's the time when he doesn't have anything going on that would be the most difficult I'd imagine. It's a horrible situation but I hope the whole Dolphins organization welcomes him and makes him feel okay.

I'm rooting for him

Well my source Blabbermouth McGhee has told me he wasnt that fond of Michael anyway for basically raping two females and he would be quite ok with the nice contract he will get in Miami. Too soon lol

Saw this interesting statement on a packers forum:

" I know Philbin's partial absence for the preparation leading up to our Giants loss was unavoidable and under extraordinary circumstances, but did we see a snapshot of what life might be like without him in terms of offensive performance? To a man, our offensive players swear that no other coach provides the meticulous attention to detail and scrutiny that Philbin does, and ARod has more than once exclaimed how that attention to detail has transformed him as a player..."

Knowing little about the man it's nice to hear this, although must also consider it's from a forum and 50/50 shot at being valid...but today is a day of looking at the bright side...........and seeing the positive........(for a change)

This is a notion that is quite interesting. I think the suddenness and timing certainly threw the Pack for a loop and they indeed lost something. And also, Philbin was interviewing the week before, so I think they definitely lost something.

The Giant DB's were playing tight. One of Joe's expertise seemed to be how to change up based on what the defense was doing. I dont think GB changed up much at all. Joe was in the booth though. Just really makes you wonder.

It has to get better!!!! Since Dan retired our offense has been total crap. I'd rather lose 35-31 than have ten more years of 17 point-per-game snoozers. Lets air it out a little and get us some big playmakers!!! :brewskis:

from what I remember, a lot of people said Saban's big issue was that he couldn't control the media like he could in college. I do remember both the national and local media taking shots at Saban whenever they could

One thing is for certain, Philbin is a great person. He's a guy who you root for no matter where he is. Packers players, coaches and fans all rave about what a great human being he is. Total class act guy

One thing is for certain, Philbin is a great person. He's a guy who you root for no matter where he is. Packers players, coaches and fans all rave about what a great human being he is. Total class act guy

Great person who knows , good hire yes

Back
Top Bottom