Braylon Edwards close to being signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards close to being signed

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
Just reported. He and Brown have the same agent correct? They also said the agent would be flying to Cleveland today to negotiate. I would guess Ronnie will take a few more days to get done then. :(

InMyChambers said:
Just reported. He and Brown have the same agent correct? They also said the agent would be flying to Cleveland today to negotiate. I would guess Ronnie will take a few more days to get done then. :(

no they dont....

FRance- Ronnie
Smith-Edwards

dont have the same agent....

They don't have the same agent, the reason everyone was waiting for Braylon to sign was that it would give R.Brown a place to base his #'s from.

If they did have the same agent, I would definitely think that they both would have been signed IMMEDIATELY after Alex Smith.

once Edwards signs, there should be absolutly no reason Ronnie and the Dolphins shouldn't find middle ground.

Spray Mucus said:
once Edwards signs, there should be absolutly no reason Ronnie and the Dolphins shouldn't find middle ground.
Agreed. BTW..Love your sig!

Spray Mucus said:
i also love the sig.

but i believe right now the fins are low balling brown. and after edwards signs, there will still be a very large gap between Smith and Edwards contracts, that will take a lot of fighting between the fins and his agent to lock down a number.

wow, I've had the sig for a few months now. and this was the first praise.

but, it is a pretty picture isn't it. :D

if the dolphins wait for braylon they'll have to pay MORE guaranteed... cause im positive brayons gonna get at least 20 mil of his contract guaranteed

arsenal said:
if the dolphins wait for braylon they'll have to pay MORE guaranteed... cause im positive brayons gonna get at least 20 mil of his contract guaranteed

I think so too. Fitzgerald got 20 mil last year. I think it's in our best interest to try to get a deal done first. Unfortunately, don't know that France would let that happen, even if we guarantee over 20.

I would wait until Braylon's deal came out, then offer Ronnie something like a penny over it or something so that France gets to say he negotiated a better deal for Ronnie than Braylon got.

ckparrothead said:
I would wait until Braylon's deal came out, then offer Ronnie something like a penny over it or something so that France gets to say he negotiated a better deal for Ronnie than Braylon got.

Shrewd, very shrewd, CK! :lol:

Steve

ckparrothead said:

I agree.And i think saban should hold how much time is needed to not give brown a contract near smith's, it has to be near braylon's numbers...

Back
Top Bottom