Braylon Edwards close to being signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards close to being signed

The NFL really needs to do something about this. I'm tired about hearing players not coming to camp on time. Maybe we can pray for the same thing that happened in San Diego with Rivers. Lamar Gordon MVP!!

AmazonJack said:
The NFL really needs to do something about this. I'm tired about hearing players not coming to camp on time. Maybe we can pray for the same thing that happened in San Diego with Rivers. Lamar Gordon MVP!!

Refreash my memory? What happened with rivers??

Ronnie Brown is greedy, he hasnt proven anything and he thinks he deserves a guarenteed 20 million or more, take incentives and prove yourself. Players deserve to get payed, but Alex Smith is way over payed and the 49ers are going to realize that very soon. And Ronnie Brown is going to be overpayed.

Braylon Edwards has just signed with the Browns. Brown shouldn't be much longer.

KOYUNG said:
Refreash my memory? What happened with rivers??

San Diego took Eli Manning, number 1 overall, but then traded him to the NY Giants for Phillip Rivers, who they took at number 4 (plus a couple of picks).

Basically, to keep Phillip happy, they paid him more than the #4 slotting because it was argued that he was really San Diegoe's pick at the overall #1. So the #4 slot (Cedric's spot this year), got considerably more money then normal last year. Cedric's agent is asking for the 15-20% increase based on that inflated payment.

Not sure why that guy said he's hoping the same thing happens like with Phillip. Is he thinking we need to pay Ronnie more money?

ChrisKo said:
San Diego took Eli Manning, number 1 overall, but then traded him to the NY Giants for Phillip Rivers, who they took at number 4 (plus a couple of picks).

Basically, to keep Phillip happy, they paid him more than the #4 slotting because it was argued that he was really San Diegoe's pick at the overall #1. So the #4 slot (Cedric's spot this year), got considerably more money then normal last year. Cedric's agent is asking for the 15-20% increase based on that inflated payment.

umm i think he meant with rivers how he held out and so brees kept the starting job and had a pro bowl season... thats why he said lamar gordon MVP, meaning that since ronnie will be out so long, gordon will start at first and will play great and ronnie will be riding the bench like rivers is now...

i think at least...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2130273

Edwards, the No. 3 pick in April's draft, and the Browns agreed to a five-year deal that with escalators would make the deal worth $40 million, including $18.5 million in guarantees, according to Clayton.

Hmmm doesn't make the $19.5 million we have recently offered look so bad! My guess is our total contractr worth isn't as high and we'll need to add more escalators.

arsenal said:
umm i think he meant with rivers how he held out and so brees kept the starting job and had a pro bowl season... thats why he said lamar gordon MVP, meaning that since ronnie will be out so long, gordon will start at first and will play great and ronnie will be riding the bench like rivers is now...

i think at least...

Ahh ok, I kinda just skim red his post and missed that context. That makes sense, but I highly doubt that will happen. I think (and I hate to say this) but Ricky would be the best shot at pulling a Brees/Rivers.

ChrisKo said:

wow!!!

Edwards, the No. 3 pick in April's draft, and the Browns agreed to a five-year deal that could be worth as much as $40 million with escalators, and includes $18.5 million in guarantees, according to Clayton.

only 18.5... so hopefully 20 will cut it! cmon brown sign already i wanna see him this saturday!!!!

flsukz said:
Ronnie Brown is greedy, he hasnt proven anything and he thinks he deserves a guarenteed 20 million or more, take incentives and prove yourself. Players deserve to get payed, but Alex Smith is way over payed and the 49ers are going to realize that very soon. And Ronnie Brown is going to be overpayed.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is as simple as that. It's a business and right now, this is the way they have it set up, and his agent is going to make sure he gets paid. If I was to point fingers at anything, I would look towards the contract the NFL has with the players union and start from there. As many have said around here and in the media, we need to set things up like they have it in the NBA or something similar.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom