Braylon Edwards sweepstakes at #2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards sweepstakes at #2?

thepoolboy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Moss trade may really have worked out for us if for no other reason than it has added a new team in the top ten in need of a WR.

With Chicago, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Minnesota, Washington and San Diego possibly in need of a top WR, the premium on our pick may finally be where we need it to trade down. It appears now that no matter how the draft plays out, Williams and Edwards will not last past pick 7.

Let's just hope that one WR seperates himself from the rest of the pack and makes all the noted teams covet him. IMO, if that is to happen, it will be Braylon Edwards.

i liked williams a lot in college, and it seems to me people are overlooking him,but when i think about it, look at the talent around each team.. and edwards is a lot stronger.. faster too i believe.

thepoolboy said:
The Moss trade may really have worked out for us if for no other reason than it has added a new team in the top ten in need of a WR.

With Chicago, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Minnesota, Washington and San Diego possibly in need of a top WR, the premium on our pick may finally be where we need it to trade down. It appears now that no matter how the draft plays out, Williams and Edwards will not last past pick 7.

Let's just hope that one WR seperates himself from the rest of the pack and makes all the noted teams covet him. IMO, if that is to happen, it will be Braylon Edwards.

Definately could happen. I just have a feeling that Mike Williams will be that one WR after the combine.

thepoolboy said:
The Moss trade may really have worked out for us if for no other reason that it has added a new team in the top ten in need of a WR.

I actually think if a WR would seperate himslef from the pack it would be Mike Williams. I think he's a better prospect than Larry Fitzgerald, and if he happens to run a 4.4-4.5, I think he's going to be the guy that teams will be looking to take. Based just on combines I think that Mike Williams has the most to gain of any prospect in the draft. I don't like Braylon Edwards because of the history of UM wideout's but another guy who may rise is Chris Henry who would be rated higher IMO if it weren't for his off-field issues.

dude i dont know what your vendetta is against braylon, but theres no way CHRIS HENRY is ahead of him on any board.

His Dudeness said:
dude i dont know what your vendetta is against braylon, but theres no way CHRIS HENRY is ahead of him on any board.
I don't think he is ahead of Edwards on any board, but I just don't like UM wideouts, I remember David Terrell being listed very high also. I think Mike Williams from what he showed while he was at USC was the best WR in the country and if he were allowed to go in the draft last season he would've probably been taken behind only Fitzgerald, although I believe he was a better prospect than him, perhaps that's a good thing because Buffalo may have had the opportunity to take Roy Williams.

I agree that Mike WIlliams will be the sought after choice after the combine. We all need to hope WIlliams has a great combine and someone will fall in love with him. I just hope its not SAban.

His Dudeness said:
i liked williams a lot in college, and it seems to me people are overlooking him,but when i think about it, look at the talent around each team.. and edwards is a lot stronger.. faster too i believe.
I think teams will be scared of taking williams too high because of the high risk of rust and injury after sitting out a year.

yes. but you can't justify not taking edwards because terrell is not good. besides, who has terrell had to pass him the ball? jim miller? craig krenzell?

His Dudeness said:
yes. but you can't justify not taking edwards because terrell is not good. besides, who has terrell had to pass him the ball? jim miller? craig krenzell?
John Navarre who was a very good college QB, and Chad Henne who I believe was the best freshmen QB in the country last season. Krenzel went to OSU.

Clumpy said:
Miami: 2nd overall

Minnesota: 7th overall, 3rd rd 2005, RB M. Moore,
I don't know if he's a free agent, but Michael Bennett or Onterrio Smith would make that trade hard to pass up rather than Moore.

djfresh47 said:
Buffalo may have had the opportunity to take Roy Williams.
Yeah we had to settle for Lee Evans :roflmao:

dude, you misunderstood my point, i said krenzel to show who has passed to terrell in the pros .. him and jim miller... i never said anything about the qbs who passed to braylon..

you go ahead and take chris henry ahead of edwards.., see where you're working in 2 years. as i said, you cant justify looking past edwards, for his speed his size, his 3 tds in the rose bowl... because some other WRs from the same school haven't panned out.

Back
Top Bottom