Braylon Edwards sweepstakes at #2? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards sweepstakes at #2?

Crisis said:
Yeah we had to settle for Lee Evans :roflmao:
Lee Evans is good, but if you would rather have him instead of Roy Williams I believe you're crazy.

His Dudeness said:
dude, you misunderstood my point, i said krenzel to show who has passed to terrell in the pros .. him and jim miller... i never said anything about the qbs who passed to braylon..

you go ahead and take chris henry ahead of edwards.., see where you're working in 2 years. as i said, you cant justify looking past edwards, for his speed his size, his 3 tds in the rose bowl... because some other WRs from the same school haven't panned out.
Did you forget about Rex Grossman, the former 1st rounder and Bears hopefully QB of the future? Who has Chambers had throwing him the ball, Fiedler. He has still be able to make plays and show us fans that he is a gamer.
Have you ever watched Edwards play? I've seen it alot, and he can make the big play, but he drops alot of balls for the franchise WR you're making him out to be. Also alot of his big plays are just when he out size's smaller cornerbacks that he won't have the luxury of playing against in the NFL. I doubt he even runs a very good 40 time.

The point is he has hands questions, thats not a good thing to be worrying about from a top 5 pick, and something you won't get with most top recievers. What good is a WR is he runs fast, jumps high, and drops the ball.

rex grossman has hardly played any games. this is why i failed to mention him.

someone, please find me edwards stats, unbelievable. best wr ever from that prestigous school.. the hands issue is not a big issue, imo... yes, he has dropped some, but its not due to a lack of ability to make a good catch... the ones he drops are fairly easy ones... this is due to lack of focus. which is very fixable.

His Dudeness said:
rex grossman has hardly played any games. this is why i failed to mention him.

someone, please find me edwards stats, unbelievable. best wr ever from that prestigous school.. the hands issue is not a big issue, imo... yes, he has dropped some, but its not due to a lack of ability to make a good catch... the ones he drops are fairly easy ones... this is due to lack of focus. which is very fixable.
Okay Mr. I read alot of draft reports. How bout I live an hour and change away from that school. I've seen too many of their games. He has been dropping passes his entire career, I don't think its very fixable problem. If it was, don't you think one of the coaches on his staff might have had the intuition to fix it after dropping a ton of balls during his sophomore, and then junior year? How do you know is due to lack of focus, have you talked to him recently. Maybe he just dosn't have natural recieving hands, like a Koren Robinson. You're just making assumptions.

That's too much to ask from the Vikes. We should just realize that we're gonna get ripped off trading down and only ask for their 2nd, maybe a 4th next year. Maybe even a RB+3rd this year.

1) Last year Cleveland gave up a #1 and #2 for moving up from 7 to 6.

2) Last year the Giants gave up a two #1's for moving up from #4 to #1

3) Two years ago, the Jets gave up #16 and #17 to move up to #4.

I say dont underestimate the value of a top 5 pick. I say #2 to MINN for #7 and 18 straight up.

There were six-seven Super-Blue Chips last year. This year there's maybe one or two.

Jaj said:
There were six-seven Super-Blue Chips last year. This year there's maybe one or two.
Hopefully theres two, so we get one.:)

Do not forget Plexico. If the Vikings sign him, they will not want Edwards. Well they might want him but they will not trade to get him. There is still the Plexico factor. There could be a Muhammed factor if he is released.

Jaj said:
That's too much to ask from the Vikes. We should just realize that we're gonna get ripped off trading down and only ask for their 2nd, maybe a 4th next year. Maybe even a RB+3rd this year.

According to the chart used by GM's to determine draft value, trading the #2 for MINN 7 and 18 is actually a better deal for the Vikes than it is for the Phins.

Phins #2 is worth 2600

Vikes #7 is worth 1400
Vikes #18 is worth 900

Total Vikes offer: 2400

According to the chart, they would have to throw in a third rounder as well to make the deal equal

Below is the chart courtesy of NFL scout Gil Brandt
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

I expect Carolina to find a way to keep Muhammad. Well think about it this way.

Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, Chicago and Baltimore all want to end up with a #1 caliber receiver.

Muhammad, Edwards, Williams, Coles, and Plaxico are all out there.

My bet is the Ravens get Coles, while the Redskins take Plaxico. Bears are destined to get one WR, while I say Carolina keeps Muhammad. Minnesota trades up to get one of the WRs.

The chart can't be used THIS YEAR!!!

The top players just aren't distinct like they were with Manning, Gallery, Taylor, Fitzgerald, Winslow, and Williams.

Back
Top Bottom