Braylon Edwards/Ted Ginn Jr. similar stats? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards/Ted Ginn Jr. similar stats?

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
hmm i was just checkin somethin and take a look at this...

first 2 years in the league for Braylon "I couldnt catch a cold" Edwards

year rec/yards/tds

2005 32/512/3
2006 61/884/6

first 2 years for Ginn

2007 34/420/2
2008 56/790/2

only main difference is Edwards had 4 more tds in the 2nd year but Pennington didnt throw alot of TDs to begin with but thats besides the point, i dont make excuses.

now lets see how these receivers stack up against each other in stats this season...

Edwards: 10/139/0
Ginn: 14/138/0

LOL @ anyone who considers Braylon Edwards great...he had one good season surrounded by 3 mediocre ones.

hmm i was just checkin somethin and take a look at this...

first 2 years in the league for Braylon "I couldnt catch a cold" Edwards

year rec/yards/tds

2005 32/512/3
2006 61/884/6

first 2 years for Ginn

2007 34/420/2
2008 56/790/2

only main difference is Edwards had 4 more tds in the 2nd year but Pennington didnt throw alot of TDs to begin with but thats besides the point, i dont make excuses.

now lets see how these receivers stack up against each other in stats this season...

Edwards: 10/139/0
Ginn: 14/138/0

LOL @ anyone who considers Braylon Edwards great...he had one good season surrounded by 3 mediocre ones.

Braylon(26 games): 93 recs, 1396 yds, 15 avg., 9 TDs
Ginn(32 games): 90 recs, 1210 yds, 13.4 avg., 4 TDs

In 6 less games he has 3 more recs, averages 2 more yds per rec and has 5 TDs.

Oh and in year 3 through 4 games:

Braylon: 18 recs, 375 yds, 21 avg., 4 TDs(in 4 games he had as many Tds as Ted in 36)
ginn: 14 recs, 138 yds, 9.9 avg., zero TDs

keep trying.

i was going by full years in the NFL...this year aint over yet, Ted Ginn could tear it up and have a 1000 yard season (chances are he wont) but why would u judge 4 games? thats like u guys thinking Sanchez is Joe Namath after 3 games (i know u dont count game 4 cuz he played bad, u already made that clear).

i'll side with the Jets fan on this one...1000 out of 1000 times i cut Ginn and trade for Braylon. he scores, where as ginn doesn't, takes bad routes, drops tons of catches, isn't aggressive in single coverage, and hides to go over the middle unless there isn't a dib or lb within 10 yards of the route. Cut the loser and get him off the team on the rise Parcells.

i was going by full years in the NFL...this year aint over yet, Ted Ginn could tear it up and have a 1000 yard season (chances are he wont) but why would u judge 4 games? thats like u guys thinking Sanchez is Joe Namath after 3 games (i know u dont count game 4 cuz he played bad, u already made that clear).

If you are going by full years then '07 would be Braylon's 2nd full year- why didn't you include his '07 #s?

In order for Ginn to match Braylon's '07 he'd have to catch 66 more balls(5.5 per game, his career avg. per game is 2.98), have 1151 rec yds(96 yds a game(he has 2 carreer games w/ at least 96 rec yds) and 16 TDs(1.3 per game, he has 4 in his entire career). Good luck w/ that:lol:

Braylon(26 games): 93 recs, 1396 yds, 15 avg., 9 TDs
Ginn(32 games): 90 recs, 1210 yds, 13.4 avg., 4 TDs

In 6 less games he has 3 more recs, averages 2 more yds per rec and has 5 TDs.

Oh and in year 3 through 4 games:

Braylon: 18 recs, 375 yds, 21 avg., 4 TDs(in 4 games he had as many Tds as Ted in 36)
ginn: 14 recs, 138 yds, 9.9 avg., zero TDs

keep trying.

I'll give year 3 of Edwards was stellar but despite that, both players have been mediocre at best considering how high they were drafted.

u guys are missing the point of the thread...its not to say Ted Ginn is good its to say Braylon Edwards is mediocre.

do u see me hyping up ted ginn? please show me where i said Ted Ginn was great? obviously u guys think Edwards is great to interpret this thread the way u did...

I'll give year 3 of Edwards was stellar but despite that, both players have been mediocre at best considering how high they were drafted.

Braylon has been alot better though and he was great for at least one year which is one more year than ginn.

Are you serious w/this crap? I wasn't happy about giving up what we did to get Edwards because he drops too many balls for a WR, but he's at least proven that he CAN dominate at his position in the NFL.

Ginn, not so much.

Ridiculous thread.

Edwards has talent and no brains

Ginn is a solid citizen with no talent(as a receiver) and no guts

Are you serious w/this crap? I wasn't happy about giving up what we did to get Edwards because he drops too many balls for a WR, but he's at least proven that he CAN dominate at his position in the NFL.

Ginn, not so much.

Ridiculous thread.

read 3 posts up from ur post when i said the thread was not to say Ted Ginn was good it was to show u that Braylon Edwards is mediocre. He had one real good season and his other years were similar to a Ted Ginn year.

LMAO, only phantasyland fans can try to spin a player comparison of an utter alligator arm wuss bust of a player in Tedd Ginn to a player who has actually done something in this league, with superior talent in Braylon Edwards

Doesn't change Edwards has been disgruntled and underperforming the last couple of years, but the Browns have been an abysmal organization, he's got a fresh start with the Jets, a very good young team that looks like it's only going to get better, let's see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom