Braylon Edwards/Ted Ginn Jr. similar stats? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards/Ted Ginn Jr. similar stats?

but the Browns have been an abysmal organization

so whats Calvin Johnsons problem in detroit? he puts up great numbers on an abysmal team

OK, I can play this game too. Let's compare the first four years of Terrell Owens (future HOF) career to the first four years of Braylon Edwards career.

Braylon Edwards:
Receptions:228
Yards:3558
TDs: 28

Terrell Owens:
Receptions:222
Yards:3307
TDs: 30

I live in Browns country and guess what the brownies were ecstatic to see him go. If the Browns are so abysmal, why would they want to loose such a stud as Edwards? Its because he sucks and he was a large part of them being abysmal. At least Ginn isnt a premadonna douchebag.

Braylon has been alot better though and he was great for at least one year which is one more year than ginn.
Like I said, I'll give you the 3rd year of Edwards but last year and so far this year, it's about the same. And also, he was great 3 years ago. Being in his fifth year, he is nothing special. Let's not act like he was a Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin type of received. Ginn is a very marginal receiver and except for one year, it's exactly what Edwards has been. Like it or not, Edwards is far from being a top receiver in this league. He has potential of being an elite WR but after 4 years in this league, his status as of today is certainly not elite.

OK, I can play this game too. Let's compare the first four years of Terrell Owens (future HOF) career to the first four years of Braylon Edwards career.

Braylon Edwards:
Receptions:228
Yards:3558
TDs: 28

Terrell Owens:
Receptions:222
Yards:3307
TDs: 30

At the end of his career, Edwards would be far from Owens stats and i don't think at 35 he will still ben in the NFL. If Edwards had been traded to Miami, would you not think that ganggreen would bring all the stats pointing to Edwards not being a star ?

At the end of his career, Edwards would be far from Owens stats and i don't think at 35 he will still ben in the NFL. If Edwards had been traded to Miami, would you not think that ganggreen would bring all the stats pointing to Edwards not being a star ?

I didn't want him.

Every time someone brought up Edwards trade scenarios I brought up his drops. I broke down his drops per reception to show how bad he is at dropping the ball.

If the fins got him I would have probably posted the same thing here.

That said, he has show that he CAN dominate in the NFL. Much like T.O. did over his first 4 seasons. Does that mean he'll end up with a career like T.O. - hell no.

I'm just trying to show how I can make a ridiculous comparison as well. Tedd Ginn has shown pretty much nothing. Edwards has at least show he can be dominant.

I'm just trying to show how I can make a ridiculous comparison as well. Tedd Ginn has shown pretty much nothing. Edwards has at least show he can be dominant.

how is it a ridiculous comparison? read the title of the thread...and then tell me that their stats arent similar in their first 2 seasons in the NFL. Braylon with the edge by some yards and 4 tds in his 2nd year.

I never once stated that Ted Ginn was better or that Ted Ginn was an elite receiver.

how is it a ridiculous comparison? read the title of the thread...and then tell me that their stats arent similar in their first 2 seasons in the NFL. Braylon with the edge by some yards and 4 tds in his 2nd year.

I never once stated that Ted Ginn was better or that Ted Ginn was an elite receiver.

Let me try this one more time, slowly.
Edwards
has
proven
he
can
dominate
in the
NFL

Ginn hasn't proven a thing. NFL receivers usually take a few years before they really have an impact. Year 3 is the target year. Comparing the first 2 years of receiver stats is about as useless of an exercise as you could dream up.

Braylon(26 games): 93 recs, 1396 yds, 15 avg., 9 TDs
Ginn(32 games): 90 recs, 1210 yds, 13.4 avg., 4 TDs

In 6 less games he has 3 more recs, averages 2 more yds per rec and has 5 TDs.

Oh and in year 3 through 4 games:

Braylon: 18 recs, 375 yds, 21 avg., 4 TDs(in 4 games he had as many Tds as Ted in 36)
ginn: 14 recs, 138 yds, 9.9 avg., zero TDs

keep trying.

your proud of that arent you?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom