BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill

Frelund says adding Hill gives us an extra 1.5 wins this year.

She also says Hill went from the 5th best WR to the 11th.

Life long Chiefs fan here. Congrats on getting a great player. It's definitely going to hurt the Chiefs but when you pay your franchise QB a half a billion then tough decisions like this must be made. Hopefully, this move will help the Chiefs in the long term. It will definitely help the Dolphins. I just wanted to give you guys/ladies some info on Tyreek's background that might set your mind at ease. From my own research and local reporting hopefully I can shine a bit of light. He had a toxic relationship with his gf dating from college where he had the domestic issue with his then pregnant gf that has been noted. Something happened but it might not been as described. In 2015, he did plead guilty to a domestic charge.

Fast forward to 2019 to the tape and accusations with the same gf from his college incident. His son did break his arm and there was some audio of him saying something disturbing to his ex. He also had a bit of an issue of spanking his son (he did some parenting training). What isn't well known is that there are other recordings of Tyreek accusing his ex about making up stuff from the 2014 incident and making up the story of him breaking his son's arm (she didn't deny it in the recording). There was an investigation and found the boy injured his arm falling not through abuse and that's why there were no charges or suspensions or fines. It was a toxic relationship where the truth isn't always clear. You can do some research on the internet and find this information.

The past 3 years he has been exemplary on and off the field. Very active in the community and in charity. Contrary to some opinion, he isn't evil. He has a new fiancé and his relationship with his son is great. I just wanted to throw in some info that hopefully will help ease some minds. I wish the Cheetah good luck (not against the Chiefs :)) He was a big reason for the recent success of my Chiefs.

The dude absolutely terrified the Bills!
no question, they have to deal with hill, waddle, Cedric Wilson, Edmunds, Gesicki, mostert etc plus mcdaniels will bring structure to an offense that had none plus a running game plus a better OL. And our defense will be a bit better in a lot of ways. Mcdaniels is seriously making an impact right away.

no question, they have to deal with hill, waddle, Cedric Wilson, Edmunds, Gesicki, mostert etc plus mcdaniels will bring structure to an offense that had none plus a running game plus a better OL. And our defense will be a bit better in a lot of ways. Mcdaniels is seriously making an impact right away.

So much of this is going to come down to the OL and holding up. The running game has to be atleast serviceable.

the 1st rounder is very late, and who cares about the late rounders. So really it's basically 2 2nds and possibly a 3rd -- probably equal in trade value to a #10 pick. For that I'm happily securing the right to make our offense one of the most explosive in the league.
Well I can see that. But Xavien Howard was a 2nd rounder ... so I don't really think of those as all being Pat White type picks. We've definitely whiffed on 1st rounders (Austin Jackson, Noah Igbinoghene, Charles Harris, Dion Jordan) and 2nd rounders (Jamar Taylor, Raekwon McMillan, Jordan Phillips, Jonathan Martin) .... so your point is well made. But, we have also drafted a good amount of talent at low prices during those rounds such as 1st rounders (Laremy Tunsil, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jalen Waddle, Jaelan Phillips, ) and 2nd rounders (Jarvis Landry, Xavien Howard, MIke Gesicki, Jevon Holland) so the picks have value.

And the last time we took a sure-fire awesome WR was Mike Wallace, and we made him a hella-high paid player too .... and that didn't work out too well after he got his payday because the one-dimensional speed WR let it go to his head and stopped working. It was a disaster. While I do not expect this to happen to Tyreek under McDaniel ... it's worth pointing out that it is a pretty big gamble of a lot of resources. We're also gambling on the health of an old LT who is injured literally every year and giving him a long term contract. We're gambling (for much more reasonable money though) on an older RB (Mostert) who has been injured most of the last two years. It's long odds that all of these gambles work out. But if they do ...... we'll be legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Worst case scenario we implode with huge cap failures festering on the books for 3+ years.

I am concerned .... and hopeful. If McDaniel becomes the coach we all think he can be ... then the upside of these moves gives us a legitimate chance to be instant-awesome. Not sure they are prescription ... but these aqua and orange glasses sure do make things look nice.

Fins up!

I was just thinking about this today. We all know how excited the players and head coach mcdaniel is having Tyreek hill join the team. But this must be like winning the lottery for Wes Welker. He talked a month ago how fun it will be to coach Waddle with his speed and athleticism. How waddle's dynamic skills makes Welker think of some of the traits Hill has. Now Welker is going to actually coach Hill. Dude, Welker a WR coach for Hill, Waddle then very good depth of WRs too. Man, probably can't have a WR coach that will have more fun with talent around him to coach

Back
Top Bottom