Brian Brohm Update! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Brohm Update!

Not true, Leinart likely would have been the #1 pick if he had gone early, but he came back and went #10 I think, and thats WITHOUT having an injury like Bush or McGahee.
Take it while its hot!

there is a big difference between Brohm and Linehart-Linehart was the clear cut number 1-there was nothing Alex smith or aaron rodgers could have done to contest that-Brohm is not-he might slip as far as 15-20-next year he is head and shoulders above henne and Longshore and whoever upstart might be there-think Brady Quinn-not Matt Leinhart because its a totally different scenario

Have we heard anything on when he is set to make his decision or is he waiting until the 15th?

I dont think Brohm is going to enter the draft this year :boohoo:

Most QB's would have already made their decision by now, especially if they lost their head coach, but Louisvilles new head coach is talking Brian Brohm into staying, so I think he will. It would be the best thing for him, b/c nex year he could be the top QB. which sucks for us :rolleyes2

Most QB's would have already made their decision by now, especially if they lost their head coach, but Louisvilles new head coach is talking Brian Brohm into staying, so I think he will. It would be the best thing for him, b/c nex year he could be the top QB. which sucks for us :rolleyes2

noooooooooooooooo :mad:

exactly

I really hope he comes out as I would draft him with our 9th pick, but I could understand him staying another year and having a shot to improve where he gets drafted. It's always kind of risky though....I know Leinart could have likely been the 1st pick after his junior year and he dropped after he decided to stay in school one more year at USC. I think Brohm is still discussing things with his dad. Hopefully he will change his mind and not want to start over with a new coach, but we shall see.

I'm more in favor of starting CPep anyway. If he comes back strong, we don't need to draft a QB, if he sucks, we lose games and get a high pick, putting us in position to draft an elite QB. It's win-win.

Sad part is, with 20+ free agents in our roster, and only 17 million in salary cap [projected], unless we sign a bunch of players on veteran minimum to fill up our roster and to pick up some solid talent on our offensive line and playmakers in our WR corps, we may get a shot at Brohm next year with the 1st pick overall. :boohoo:

I really hope he comes out as I would draft him with our 9th pick, but I could understand him staying another year and having a shot to improve where he gets drafted. It's always kind of risky though....I know Leinart could have likely been the 1st pick after his junior year and he dropped after he decided to stay in school one more year at USC. I think Brohm is still discussing things with his dad. Hopefully he will change his mind and not want to start over with a new coach, but we shall see.

that will be the sole motivator if he comes out-and if thats the case he need to know that his talent can take a College Team places-as well as an NFL team-realistically without petrino and now bush -he keeps L'ville in the top 5? he is your number 1 pick next year bar none-if he comes out he will be losing at leat 15-20 million garunteed

He would be up there for the top QB, but I wouldn't just give him that title just yet. John David Booty and Chad Henne are names that come to mind when I think of the QB's for next year. Brohm has durability questions IMHO.

He would be up there for the top QB, but I wouldn't just give him that title just yet. John David Booty and Chad Henne are names that come to mind when I think of the QB's for next year. Brohm has durability questions IMHO.
Henne's a possibility, but Booty is only a sophomore next year. If Brohm doesn't declare and can stay fairly healthy, he's the QB frontrunner in the '08 draft.

I'm more in favor of starting CPep anyway. If he comes back strong, we don't need to draft a QB, if he sucks, we lose games and get a high pick, putting us in position to draft an elite QB. It's win-win.

isnt that the samething we said last year? at this rate well be saying it again in 08

Yeah If he were to some out, he would have said it by now.

there is a big difference between Brohm and Linehart-Linehart was the clear cut number 1-there was nothing Alex smith or aaron rodgers could have done to contest that-Brohm is not-he might slip as far as 15-20-next year he is head and shoulders above henne and Longshore and whoever upstart might be there-think Brady Quinn-not Matt Leinhart because its a totally different scenario

How do you spell Leinart wrong so many times when the right spelling was right in front of you!?

Back
Top Bottom