------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall?

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's what Peter King (from Sports Illustrated) says about Brian Brohm:

"I think I still haven't figured out how Brian Brohm could be rated a top-10 pick in 2007 and drop to second-roundville in 2008 after having completed 65 percent of his throws as a senior, with 30 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while playing for a new coach. Explain that to me. Someone. Anyone."

So, what's up with his free-fall in his draft stock???
Any comments/insight is appreciated. Is he a consideration at our #32 pick?

CK, Boomer, anyone?

a major component in the draft is intelligence and when a guy is a sure fire top 20 pick and decides to stay in school and watch his stock get obliterated, it doesnt say much for ur inteligence

a major component in the draft is intelligence and when a guy is a sure fire top 20 pick and decides to stay in school and watch his stock get obliterated, it doesnt say much for ur inteligence

Thats not very funny.;)

:sidelol:

Was the thread tittled "Matt Leinart: why the free-fall"?

A lot of people are scared of his durability he seems to get injured a lot.

And the Louisville system seems to produce some busts Redman etc.

Also his arm strength isn't all that great

Senior season his production went way down could be because petrino left but who knows. that's all i know or at least what i read.

Colt Brennan is another big name that was supposed to be a high pick now look at his stock.

Colt Brennan is another big name that was supposed to be a high pick now look at his stock.

Brennan NEVER was suppose to be a high pick . . . he doesn't have the tools to be considered a high pick. . . whoever was suggesting this was sadly mistaken by the flashy numbers he put in JIm Jones system @ Hawaii . . . I'm not saying he can't improve and be serviceable . . . but I would draft Erik Ainge over Brennan . . . thats just me tho.

Brohm free-fall coincided with his Louisville's team downfall. When Louisville lost back to back games against Kentucky and Syracuse in September, Brohm's stock began to fall as well. It didn't matter that he threw for 366 and 555 yards respectively in those games, Brian was no longer the front runner for the Heisman and therefor no longer the best player in the country. This is when The Matt Ryan Express picked up steam.

Brohm's injury history doesn't help either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would be ecstatic if we somehow ended up with Brohm. He will be the best QB coming out of this draft. Never mind his injury history. This guys is consistent, smart,CAN MAKE ALL THE THROWS and is extremely accurate. I don't get the knock on his arm strength. It's gotten to the point where people seem to be putting Brohm in the arm strength category of Chad Pennington or something. Also guys, you have to remember that Marino had injury concerns coming out of college too.

If we don't get Brohm, I'd still like to see us get Flacco.

Both Brian Brohm and Andre Woodson saw their stock plummet since they both had almost all their weapons back from the year before and the teams were expected to be great. Both teams were awful despite good years from the QBs. Brian was still considered a first round pick going into the senior bowl, but he decided to sit out which made some people sour on him.

Woodson has continued to fall due to a lackluster offseason, but Brohm has been impressive. IMO he is the best QB in the draft.

Why the free fall?
Well, every year the whole world falls in love with a guy for no apparent reason and a guy who had been thought to be great for a long time takes a back seat because of it. It's not necessarily a guy at the same position, though in this year's case I think it is.
How did Matt Leinart fall as much as he did when the year before he would have been the first overall pick? All that changed is that he took his Trojans back to the championship game and Vince Young had a legendary last-second touchdown to make him lose. People forget that Leinart drove his team to a score with like two minutes remaining to take the lead.
But let's not go crazy talking about Leinart, Brohm is flying under the radar and I think he will make a team very happy in the late first or even the second round.

Well U of L's pro day was today, but I haven't found anything on the net yet about it. I'll post something as soon as I can find it. I'm sure NFL.com will have something as soon as Brandt gets it posted.

I think people will be surprised how high he gets drafted. I dont think he's fallen as far as its been made out. I dont think there's a chance he falls to the 2nd round

Well for what its worth, Brohm and Ryan both scored a 32 on the Wonderlic

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0322-nfl-draft-wonderlic-test,1,4563566.story

At the quarterback position, none of the top prospects laid a Wonderlic egg. Boston College'sMatt Ryan, he of the off-the-charts intangibles, scored an impressive 32. And his score was matched by Lousiville's Brian Brohm, who is the second-highest-rated quarterback after Ryan on most boards.

Joe Flacco of Delaware scored a 27 and Chad Henne of Michigan scored a 22. Both are considered second-round prospects.

Back
Top Bottom