------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall?

I think people will be surprised how high he gets drafted. I dont think he's fallen as far as its been made out. I dont think there's a chance he falls to the 2nd round

He'll end up being one of the guys a team trades back into the 20's for. I can't see us passing on him at 32 if he's still there, that's way too much value to pass up on even though we still might need a OT. Atlanta,Cara,Chic,Balt, maybe Minn all would probably think we would take him and try to get ahead of us.

Both Brian Brohm and Andre Woodson saw their stock plummet since they both had almost all their weapons back from the year before and the teams were expected to be great. Both teams were awful despite good years from the QBs. Brian was still considered a first round pick going into the senior bowl, but he decided to sit out which made some people sour on him.

Woodson has continued to fall due to a lackluster offseason, but Brohm has been impressive. IMO he is the best QB in the draft.

What are you talking about? Kentucky football is NEVER expected to be great, and calling their season awful is simply ridiculous. Sure they didn't finish as strong as they like, but the season was by no means awful. Furthermore, Woodson is not judged based on his team's poor performance as the season concluded. Woodson is judged by his poor performance as the season concluded. As the season grew near an end, his indecisiveness and immobility cost his team and the scouts took notice.

Why the free fall?
Well, every year the whole world falls in love with a guy for no apparent reason and a guy who had been thought to be great for a long time takes a back seat because of it. It's not necessarily a guy at the same position, though in this year's case I think it is.
How did Matt Leinart fall as much as he did when the year before he would have been the first overall pick? All that changed is that he took his Trojans back to the championship game and Vince Young had a legendary last-second touchdown to make him lose. People forget that Leinart drove his team to a score with like two minutes remaining to take the lead.
But let's not go crazy talking about Leinart, Brohm is flying under the radar and I think he will make a team very happy in the late first or even the second round.

True. I can only hope that this "free fall" somehow lands Brohm in Miami. I think Brohm is the most NFL ready coming into the draft, with a strong possibility he turns out the most successful career of this class of QB's when all is said and done

It says he has already worked out with the Eagles and Bengals. I guess he'll be a late 1st round pick then.

there's no reason for either of those teams to draft him. Eagles have McNabb and Kevin Kolb, Bengals have the Palmer brothers

I agree that there's no reason Brohm should have fallen this far. I would change my Matt Ryan tune if I thought there was any chance he could fall to us with our first pick in the 2nd round. I don't think he's quite as good a prospect as Matt Ryan, but very close and definitely a first round talent. Chris or Jake Long + Brohm would make for one hell of a draft, but as I said before, Brohm won't fall that low.

enough with the QB talk, John Beck is our guy he will win the job outright and won't look back. we should still draft a QB but not until late like Brennan or Johnson

..................cause Brohm just wasn't that good..........

If you ask me, without seeing Flacco tape, Henne is the best qb in this draft...I think Ryan throws off his back foot too often...

I think Brohm is going to eventually be a good QB for someone, but it won't be us. What I've seen of Brohm at Louisville impressed me. I think his arm is plenty strong, and he definitely throws accurately on a variety of routes. I think Brohm is going to struggle with the realities of NFL football. The throws that he made in college won't always be there in the NFL, and I've never seen Brohm throw a ball away, tuck and run, or throw a quick checkdown. He's been in a wide open offense for so long that I don't think he knows how to manage a game.

I think Brohm is going to eventually be a good QB for someone, but it won't be us. What I've seen of Brohm at Louisville impressed me. I think his arm is plenty strong, and he definitely throws accurately on a variety of routes. I think Brohm is going to struggle with the realities of NFL football. The throws that he made in college won't always be there in the NFL, and I've never seen Brohm throw a ball away, tuck and run, or throw a quick checkdown. He's been in a wide open offense for so long that I don't think he knows how to manage a game.

Then obviously you haven't seen many Louisville games.:lol: He tucks and runs more than he throws the ball away, but he does both. And he's only really been in a "wide open" offense for 1 year, that was this past year with the new coach. Petrino's offense is heavy run to set up the pass. It spreads receivers a little bit, but it definately was not BYU or any thing like that.

Petrino and Kragthorpe gave Brohm all the freedom he needed to check down plays and receivers. That's why he is the best "defense reader" in this draft. And he is one of the best game managers in the draft as well because that was his primary responsibility the past 2 years. Please do some research before make posts like that, please.

enough with the QB talk, John Beck is our guy he will win the job outright and won't look back. we should still draft a QB but not until late like Brennan or Johnson
I thought McCown was our guy? :winkwink:

I read somewhere that he completed 55 of 60 passes (3 were dropped) at Louisvilles pro day.
Also from his Sophomore year to nowthat his bench of 225 went from 9 times to 18. just a little info

A lot of people are scared of his durability he seems to get injured a lot.

And the Louisville system seems to produce some busts Redman etc.

Also his arm strength isn't all that great

Senior season his production went way down could be because petrino left but who knows. that's all i know or at least what i read.

Twice in Four years. Is that alot?

I love how people say Leinart had a free fall when he fell 10 picks and was still drafted fairly high. He also didn't fall due to anything wrong he did. The Saints signed Drew Brees, the owner of the Titans is a Texas alumn, and Al Davis did not want to take another lefty QB from USC. Leinart fell cause the 3 teams that made the most sense ended up improving in FA (Saints), going with the sentimental pick (Titans) or are idiots (Raiders). Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn on the other hand were free falls.

Back
Top Bottom