Briggs to Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Briggs to Miami?

BassFin

Starter
Reaction score
There's a rumor that the Fins are in talks w/ the Bears to get their 31st and Briggs for the 9th. It's about halfway down the 9:00 report.

Here's the link:

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Sorry if it's a repost.

First he's going to Washington, then to Buffalo, now to Miami. Why the hell do we need Lance Briggs?

That has to be bogus... we dont need him. And i think the 9th pick overall is worth more then the 31st and briggs, maybe if they add a 2nd rounder or something it might be true.

its not worth it to us... and didn't briggs say he doesn't want to play in a 3-4 :hmmm:

I really don't think we need another LB. Why would we trade our pick now? Does this mean we will not make a push for Quinn? I think its not going to happen and would be disappointed if this deal went through.:shakeno:

i dont like it........we need to get younger in other areas.

This trade proposal makes little sense to me, since Briggs doesn't appear to fit our defensive system (and gives us a logjam at LB) and because Chicago apparently nixed the idea of trading up to Washington's spot because they're a notoriously cheap organization and didn't want to pay out that much money. I don't think 3 spots down would make that much of a difference to them.

I doubt Briggs goes to Miami, but it would make very little sense. Assuming the trade went through, we would be getting Briggs with our 9 th pick allowing us to draft Stanton with the 31st pick and moving Taylor back to permanent DE.

We need playmakers, not defence.

Like I said, the trade doesn't make sense to me, but neither does your post. We wouldn't lose any picks. We would just move down to the end of round 1 where I assume we would go after Beck or one of the other 2nd tier QB's.

Briggs is a system LB IMO. I don't think he would do well in our 3-4 scheme.

I wouldn't expect this to happen unless we were committing strictly to the 3-4. Otherwise, that's a lot of money tied up in LBs; Porter, ZT, JT, Briggs, Crowder....

It think we're too comfy with our hybrid to do that.

Briggs is a system LB IMO. I don't think he would do well in our 3-4 scheme.

Well he has put up great stats (though obviously stats arent everything). To do what he has done you HAVE to have some sort of skills.

If he did play in the 3-4 I see him playing inside rather than outside, because it would suit his kill set better.

Overall though the trade makes no sense and I hope it doesnt happen.

I am assuming this is the same rumor about chi trading briggs, their 31 and their second to Wash for their 6 then trading 6 to us for 9 & one of our seconds if Quinn is still there, which would make a boatload more sense then us spending our 9 basically to improve the stongest spot on our team... But I bet that someone out there heard it wrong and thought we would be just trading our 9 to chi... But I'm just guessin...

Back
Top Bottom