Brighter NFL Future? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brighter NFL Future?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
In your unbiased opinion, which rookie player has a brighter future in the NFL: Jarvis Landry or Sammy Watkins?

Man, so much is involved in that. Being that all they can control is that they have to catch a ball that someone else it throwing to them. Who is going to be the Bills quarterback for the next 8-10 years? The weather in Buffalo towards the end of the season can control the run-pass ratio (I'm not talking cold, I'm talking snow, ice etc.) Andre Reed had a nice career there, but he had Jim effn Kelly throwing him the ball in a pass happy O.

We seem to have our QB of the future, and there is already a good chemistry between them, so the future looks bright for Landry already.

Watkins is the more talented player, no doubt.

We need to settle down about Jarvis. Look at the upside Moncrief has and he was a 4th round pick. Jarvis is doing great and all but I see him as a future Hartline. A fan favorite, a guy that will make solid catches, but becomes a middle of the pack guy. It's not like he's ever going to be a true outside #1.

We need to draft WR high next year because Wallace only has 1 year left here, get an outside guy, doesn't matter if he's raw he will have a year to develop probably as a #3 option in the offense.

Watkins is the more talented player, no doubt.

We need to settle down about Jarvis. Look at the upside Moncrief has and he was a 4th round pick. Jarvis is doing great and all but I see him as a future Hartline. A fan favorite, a guy that will make solid catches, but becomes a middle of the pack guy. It's not like he's ever going to be a true outside #1.

We need to draft WR high next year because Wallace only has 1 year left here, get an outside guy, doesn't matter if he's raw he will have a year to develop probably as a #3 option in the offense.

Wow....thats all I can say to that.

I agree with Madridista7. I love JL but Watkins is the more talented reciever imo. Having JL doesn't erase the need for a big bodied wide out that is a redzone threat.

Jarvis has the brighter future. Watkins has better speed but that's it. Jarvis has better hands, and a better QB throwing to him. He is also a stud on the return game.

Sammy Watkins. But both should have solid careers for the next 10+ years (barring serious injury).

Put it this way: Which arrangement would scare defenses more..

a) Sammy Watkins (outside WR), Rishard Matthews (slot)

b) Rishard Matthews (outside WR), Jarvis Landry (slot)

I'd say "a".

Watkins. He will be a long term pro bowl player. Landry may get a couple of looks at a pro bowl, but will be solid number 2 eventually. We need a big bodied number 2 next to Wallace, and with this, MW and JL will shine brighter. Landry will be a number 3 for a few more years, and will eventually move up to a number 2.

As long as Watkins continues to have a great work ethic, he should develop into a top 5 WR. Landry IMO can become a top 10-20 WR like a HInes Ward was in his prime due to his work ethic and character.

As long as Watkins continues to have a great work ethic, he should develop into a top 5 WR. Landry IMO can become a top 10-20 WR like a HInes Ward was in his prime due to his work ethic and character.

Pretty much this....Watkins has an elite skill set and speed....Landry has elite hand and toughness

Comparing Landry to Hartline is pretty laughable. Landry probably has more YAC this year than Hartline his whole career. I'd actually be interested in seeing the numbers. Hartline trips over his own feet more than he gets tackled.

Comparing Landry to Hartline is pretty laughable. Landry probably has more YAC this year than Hartline his whole career. I'd actually be interested in seeing the numbers. Hartline trips over his own feet more than he gets tackled.

If you look at my remarks of comparison, I wasn't comparing their games, I was comparing their upside. He's a likeable character that will develop top level hands, but he's never going to be a #1, and if he doesn't develop a strong outside game he will never be a strong #2 either. Many loved hartline before this season but I saw him as a low end #2 for a while now, he had a lot of yards last year but in terms of ability he was not special.

I see those similarities with Jarvis, he'll be a great option to have, but nothing near the caliber of player Sammy Watkins will be. JL is the type of guy that will get a Hartline contract 3-4 years from now.

I'm OK with not calling him a #1 but it's an insult to compare him to Hartline.

Back
Top Bottom