Bring back Don Shula? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back Don Shula?

FINintheMOON

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Granted the old man didn't know how to build a defense and running game but we have the pieces in place. He is also the winningest coach in NFL history and the only coach to take 2 seperate teams to the SB and win!

Let's give the old man another chance... Bring Dan=The-Man in as a QB coach...:D

He's 77 years old. He's not coming back. That said, I wouldn't mind Shula acting as an adviser to our head coach search, or perhaps as a draft consultant.

Also, he's not the only coach to take two different teams to the Super Bowl. A few other coaches have done that. Dick Vermeil did it, for example. Bill Parcells has done it. Mike Holmgren has done it. I'm sure there are others.

Shula was already asked that question and he said he don't think so. Being that he's 77 years old, the grit and grime of a full NFL season would be too much for him.

Granted the old man didn't know how to build a defense and running game but we have the pieces in place. He is also the winningest coach in NFL history and the only coach to take 2 seperate teams to the SB and win!

Let's give the old man another chance... Bring Dan=The-Man in as a QB coach...:D

ahhh bro, the Colts lost to Broadway Joe

and Danny made him the winning-est coach

let Don enjoy what he has left, it would rob him of even more years from todays stress and workload.

No coach has taken two different teams to the SB and won with both. They have only one with one of the two. Shula won with the Dolphins and lost with the Colts. Holmgren won with GB and lost with Seattle. Parcells won with the Giants and lost with the Pats. Dan Reeves lost with both Denver and Atlanta. Vermiel lost with the Eagles, but won with the Rams.I think that's it. There may be another coach.

Let Don enjoy his retirement. I don't want him as HC, advisor (unless it is at a very high and ceremonial level, or as a talent evaluator.
We need to bring in a top notch front office personnel-looks like Pioli isn't going anywhere, Reece is a candidate,and Mueller looks like he's on the outs-and let them decide who are next coach will be.

Considering Don Shula IS the Miami Dolphins, if he would come back he would come back to open arms here.

Dude! Pass some of what you're smoking!:infins:

In all seriousness, I think the organization should consult with this living legend. Despite his age and everyone wrongfully forcing him out, he is still very sharp, insightful, loyal and the ultimate face of the Miami Dolphins. This is evident from the interviews that he's been doing recently.

Shula is the best part of our rich history. We didn't know how good we had it for 25 years.:dolphins:

I'll admit there's small chance of this happening at this stage in Shula's life but I would absolutely love it if he came back to coach the Dolphins. That man still has some fire in his belly.

Yeah you are right. The No Name defense and the Killer B's, what a bunch of bums :shakeno: . He hit it big in one draft when he picked Baumhower and Duhe in succesive rds.
Shula missed on a couple of guys in the 80's and 90's including Bosa (steroid junkie), Kumerow (Shula thought he was a Duhe type of player), Rick Graf and Jackie Shipp (desperation pick after the untimely deaths of Larry Gordon and Rusty Chambers). His loyalty to Tom Olivadopey didn't help either.

Yeah you are right. The No Name defense and the Killer B's, what a bunch of bums :shakeno: . He hit it big in one draft when he picked Baumhower and Duhe in succesive rds.
Shula missed on a couple of guys in the 80's and 90's including Bosa (steroid junkie), Kumerow (Shula thought he was a Duhe type of player), Rick Graf and Jackie Shipp (desperation pick after the untimely deaths of Larry Gordon and Rusty Chambers). His loyalty to Tom Olivadopey didn't help either.

My statements about the "D" and running game was meant to be a joke... I was being facisious...

We know that he had some of the best players in the NFL that he drafted or picked up and he done it from scratch! Give him our team today, all he has to do is find a QB and a couple of OL personnel and we are back in the mix!!!

ahhh bro, the Colts lost to Broadway Joe

and Danny made him the winning-est coach

let Don enjoy what he has left, it would rob him of even more years from todays stress and workload.
Well said!:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom