Bring back Don Shula? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back Don Shula?

Not Shula...with all respect he is 77 and he step out in the rigth time...But How About Jimmy Johnson he might get a few miles ( seasons) Under his cap!!!!

Granted the old man didn't know how to build a defense and running game but we have the pieces in place. He is also the winningest coach in NFL history and the only coach to take 2 seperate teams to the SB and win!

Let's give the old man another chance... Bring Dan=The-Man in as a QB coach...:D

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

The game has changed way to much for shula to coach and at his age he could not work the amount of hours required by a head coach. I would like to see him in some front office position, but Im affraid they wouldnt give him much power and just do it for a publicity stunt.

I think it would be smart to let Shula, and Dan also, be a part of the interviewing process with the finalists for the job. I'd trust their judgement on finding the right person for the job over our current execs, including Wayne himself.

Considering Don Shula IS the Miami Dolphins, if he would come back he would come back to open arms here.

i applaud that... as i wouldnt dis him one bit...but i live in VA (redskin country) and they hate on hof'er joe gibbs all the time on the local media outlets...the refernce him as senile, and lost, and behind the game....

i actually find it amusing... he made them THE REDSKINS, he created REDSKIN football...
and they mock him...

The Don doesnt need that... and by him coming back, what could he possibly accomplish, that he hasnt already? all he could do is ( cliche alert )...................... tarnish his legacy..

as always imo.

peace.

The fans are part of the reason he left in 1996 (not specifically me) because he had become softer on his players. Jimmy Johnson being available was also another reason. That said, I doubt this topic is very serious, because hes too seasoned to be coaching anymore. And god forbid I would hate to see him accidently make a mistake and make this team in a deeper whole then they already in right now. It would be a little tainting on his legacy.

I love Don Shula,but as someone else said,let him enjoy his retirement and enjoy life,he does'nt need the day to day stress of rebuilding the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom