Bring back Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back Fiedler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiedler has done worse performances and the only reason Fiedler has a higher QB rating was because he was almost entirely a short yardage QB. His field of view for receivers didn't go beyond 10 yards and when it did, it seemed liked 9 out of 10 times his throw was intercepted. Gus also manages the game better and facilitates the run better (since he's more of a deep threat).

BrazForPhins said:
honestly, if fiedler were here with us,under linehan, do u think he could do the big plays gus did until now? actually with this play calling his rating would fall to 60 imo
i'm not saying this offense fits Fiedler, i am just saying that he is an upgrade, talent-wise, over Frerotte.

what part of higher completion percentage, higher QB rating do you guys not understand? ;)

If you could give me 2001 Jay Fiedler in Chan's offense right now, I take him every time over the Gus we have now with Linehan's offense. I really do think that the injury in Denver sent Jay on a downward spiral. That Jay suited what was happening on the field and was at least a good placeholder of a starter who could win games while the personnel people looked for a better solution.

texasPHINSfan said:
i'm not saying this offense fits Fiedler, i am just saying that he is an upgrade, talent-wise, over Frerotte.

what part of higher completion percentage, higher QB rating do you guys not understand? ;)

I understand that he was in a run/short pass oriented offense, easier to complete passes.
And your comparing Linehan with Collier, it should be Linehan with Norv Turner

KB21 said:
Fiedler also connected on less big plays in five seasons than Gus Frerotte has connected on this season.

If we could combine the two we could have a model. Jay's leadership and short passing game, and Gus going downfield. **** its starting to sound like a poor mans Marino :lol:

Fiedler was a decent QB . Dont forget that at one point we had a dominant defense and we passed less, so of course his percentage is higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom