Bring in Bill Cowher! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Bill Cowher!

Phin-Phan 66

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
Bill Cowher is our best option IMO.

Cowher is asking for full control of football operations. He wants to clean house but Mr. Ross wants to keep Ireland.
Bill Cowher wants to bring in his own General Manager and personnel people. People that have built Pittsburgh into a consistent winning organization.
Bill Cowher doesn't want Jeff Ireland and potentially Carl Petersen involved now or in the future and getting full control is the only way he can be sure that he controls his own destiny (and legacy), which is a huge plus for me. He just wants his own team in place. The buck stops with him, but he doesn't want to be the General Manager himself.

If we keep Sporano, how are we supposed to go out and get a legit OC? Who is going to want to come here and coach under a lame duck head coach? And judging by the players speaking out, and the way they quit on him against NE, Sporano has lost his locker room. He has to go.

Mr. Ross, go get Bill Cowher and send Sporano and Ireland packing. It's time to end the mediocrity and build a winner.

Going after Cowher is really the only viable option left. Harbaugh is probably just hours from signing with the 49ers and Ross has likely destroyed his relationship with Sparano by flirting with other potential head coaches. Also, Gruden apparently doesn't want to come here and Mike Nolan is a bum as a head coach.

Cowher has no other suitors and will sit out the year again if he doesn't land in Miami. What is keeping Cowher from the Dolphins? The fact that Ross won't fire Ireland.

Something has to give.

Going after Cowher is really the only viable option left. Harbaugh is probably just hours from signing with the 49ers and Ross has likely destroyed his relationship with Sparano by flirting with other potential head coaches. Also, Gruden apparently doesn't want to come here and Mike Nolan is a bum as a head coach.

Cowher has no other suitors and will sit out the year again if he doesn't land in Miami. What is keeping Cowher from the Dolphins? The fact that Ross won't fire Ireland.

Something has to give.

I think Ross will end up firing Ireland and hiring Cowher...at least I hope.

cowher doent want his own GM, he wants to be the HC AND GM... there a BIG difference there

Jeff Ireland and Mike Nolan should not get in the way of getting Cowher.

Can't really call Nolan a bum as a HC and spare Sparano the same label. Both were ineffective, yet I wouldn't deny either the opportunity to be a HC again if they earned the right. Nolan has. I hope Sparano lands on his feet so he gets the same opportunity.

Can't really call Nolan a bum as a HC and spare Sparano the same label. Both were ineffective, yet I wouldn't deny either the opportunity to be a HC again if they earned the right. Nolan has. I hope Sparano lands on his feet so he gets the same opportunity.

Nolan was a complete disaster in San Francisco.

Yes I can call him a bum. One coach(Sparano) is 25-23 and won a division title, while the other(Nolan) went 18-37, never made the playoffs and had three seasons with 5 wins or less.

I don't understand why they would want Harbaugh over Cowher; Cowher has a ridiculous record as a head coach.

Miami will NOT be getting Cowher...as much as I want them to...I would LOVE Sparano OUT OF MIAMI!!! But REALISTICALLY, It's not going to happen. Ireland and Nolan will Stay, as will Sparano. and if Sparano does indeed go, the ONLY person I can Personally (IMO) see coaching this team is Nolan.

My God can't this orgainization handle any situation correctly their gonna fumble this needed coaching change too. It should of been Cowher all along from the start with concessions made on anything he felt he needed to build this team back into a winner. What has this front office done for this orgainization that shows improvement? Bring in stars to sell off parts of the team to, oh yea and also perform? make plans to build an amusement park accross the street to put fans in the seats with more of a theme park attraction feel to it?? Really, why don't they just try putting a consistent winner on the field and allow the playbook to be changed during the course of a game when something you game planned for is not working. Only problem with that is.....They all have to go in order to make that happen, isn't that what we all have been screaming for? Sure Soprano a nice guy but does that mean he makes a good coach? I think we already received the answer on that one by now, so let's get these needed changes done now.

Back
Top Bottom