Bring in competition for | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in competition for

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This guy : https://www.fftoday.com/stats/playe...D=80&LeagueID=&order_by=FGPct&sort_order=DESC

Ranked 35th in the league in accuracy. That’s impressive because there’s only 32 teams.

**** this guy be sucked ass last year and he sucks again this year. Yep, I know guys miss sometimes. Problem is when you rank last in the league 2021 or thereabouts and again in 2022 and you haven’t hit a 50+ yarder since Thomas Jefferson was President of USA it’s time to go.

Does anyone seriously trust this guy to go out and win a game for us on the last play? From any distance? No wonder MM is going for it on 4th all the time.

And people wonder why we go for it on 4th down.

Sanders atleast had the "he's perfect under 50" going for him.

But after missing that 27 yarder, yeah, I think we all understand why McDaniel may make a "questionable" coaching decision.

I mean let's face it. Do you trust your offense to pick up 4th and 5 or Sanders to make a 43 yard FG now.

If it's a punt, it's an easy decision.

But, atleast if you go for it on 4th and miss, you're still better off then missing that FG and losing the additional 7 or 8 yards whatever it is lol.

I mean let's face it. Do you trust your offense to pick up 4th and 5 or Sanders to make a 43 yard FG now.

If it's a punt, it's an easy decision.

But, atleast if you go for it on 4th and miss, you're still better off then missing that FG and losing the additional 7 or 8 yards whatever it is lol.
This hypothetical is the perfect summary of the situation. That’s exactly the problem.

I will add that, as far as I know, McCoach doesn’t have a history with our ST coach.

People often tend to cite to the mental aspect of kickers. That may be true. But a component that is rarely mentioned is *technique*. A good ST coach should be spotting errors in his technique. Where he lines up, his plant, his lift, his spacing. IMO it’s a lot like a pitching coach in baseball. All of a sudden a guy can’t throw strikes or is getting tattooed. Look at his technique and fix it.

I’m not a kicking expert and I don’t need to be to tell you that 27 yard miss was as ugly of a kick as you will see.

I think the ST coach is suspect in this. I’m just planting a little seed here in case he’s dismissed after the year. I think things either get better or he’s in jeopardy. You can’t keep going like we are.

This hypothetical is the perfect summary of the situation. That’s exactly the problem.

I will add that, as far as I know, McCoach doesn’t have a history with our ST coach.

People often tend to cite to the mental aspect of kickers. That may be true. But a component that is rarely mentioned is *technique*. A good ST coach should be spotting errors in his technique. Where he lines up, his plant, his lift, his spacing. IMO it’s a lot like a pitching coach in baseball. All of a sudden a guy can’t throw strikes or is getting tattooed. Look at his technique and fix it.

I’m not a kicking expert and I don’t need to be to tell you that 27 yard miss was as ugly of a kick as you will see.

I think the ST coach is suspect in this. I’m just planting a little seed here in case he’s dismissed after the year. I think things either get better or he’s in jeopardy. You can’t keep going like we are.

Agreed

And people wonder why we go for it on 4th down.
I get it now. This douche couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn from 10 yards out. How do you push a 27 yard attempt? He’s a mess and has been for 2 straight seasons. Not good enough, not even close. Time to go. When you’re 35th in the rankings a guy looking for work can’t be any worse

Same ST coach who presided over the worst return game in the NFL 3 years and counting - I think we have been between 29th and last during his tenure.

Annoying that the kid in Minnesota is hitting high percentage of his kicks 😟

I have no faith in sanders when he is kicking. He honestly doesn't look confident either in himself.

Back
Top Bottom