Bring in competition for | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in competition for

Sanders atleast had the "he's perfect under 50" going for him.

But after missing that 27 yarder, yeah, I think we all understand why McDaniel may make a "questionable" coaching decision.

I mean let's face it. Do you trust your offense to pick up 4th and 5 or Sanders to make a 43 yard FG now.

If it's a punt, it's an easy decision.

But, atleast if you go for it on 4th and miss, you're still better off then missing that FG and losing the additional 7 or 8 yards whatever it is lol.
That was a bad miss but who's out there that is far better? McDaniel said that the wind in Chicago was swirling, I don't get why didn't they just run the football on that 4th and 1, running game wasn't bad and you have a fullback to block, or give it to the fullback. Those are the things that will cost this team games.

That was a bad miss but who's out there that is far better? McDaniel said that the wind in Chicago was swirling, I don't get why didn't they just run the football on that 4th and 1, running game wasn't bad and you have a fullback to block, or give it to the fullback. Those are the things that will cost this team games.

That explains the longer FGS.

Not a 29 yarder. The wind shouldn't have effected that FG. There should have been no worries.

I mean it was almost an extra point distance.

The missed FG was from the same range as a kick after a TD. MCDaniel is sticking up for his kicker and while I can appreciate that. Sanders has only made 75% of his FG tries since the 2021 season and that just not acceptable, IMO.

Presently he is tied for last in FG percentage in the entire league while being the 7th highest paid kicker in the entire league. He needs to do better or the Dolphins need to make a change after this season. I would say they need to make a change now but I have no idea who they can sign at this time.

Sanders is fat and happy with his contract.
Time to cut his ass.
Get someone that is hungry for the job.
Sanders performance is opening the door for a new kicker.
The Fins will surely look for a new ST coach, DC, a couple LBs and a new kicker next year.
We are going to ride out the season with this trash.

This guy : https://www.fftoday.com/stats/playe...D=80&LeagueID=&order_by=FGPct&sort_order=DESC

Ranked 35th in the league in accuracy. That’s impressive because there’s only 32 teams.

**** this guy be sucked ass last year and he sucks again this year. Yep, I know guys miss sometimes. Problem is when you rank last in the league 2021 or thereabouts and again in 2022 and you haven’t hit a 50+ yarder since Thomas Jefferson was President of USA it’s time to go.

Does anyone seriously trust this guy to go out and win a game for us on the last play? From any distance? No wonder MM is going for it on 4th all the time.

Jeezus H. You guys are killing me with the overreaction.

Sanders has missed 4 fga’s this season and 3 of them were from 50+.
It’s not like he’s missing numerous gimmes and costing MIA wins.

The kick he missed this weekend in Chicago was the first and only of his career under 30 yards.
He’s perfect from 40-49.

It’s as if you guys don’t see kickers around the league missing XP’s and multiple short FG’s.

Sanders isn’t Justin Tucker, but he’s not some albatross around the team’s neck either.

You’d think there weren’t more pressing worries with this team. SMH.

The kick he missed this weekend in Chicago was the first and only of his career under 30 yards.
He’s perfect from 40-49.

It’s as if you guys don’t see kickers around the league missing XP’s and multiple short FG’s.

Sanders isn’t Justin Tucker, but he’s not some albatross around the team’s neck either.

Plus, the FG attempt against the Jets was into a swirling wind, just like the miss against the Bears. Just think if the game was played on Saturday. That wind was keeping teams from attempting passes!

What's Olindo up to nowadays?

pretty sure he is part owner in an autobody sales place/shop near Charlotte.

Sanders will get it figured out, but wouldnt hurt to bring in a few kickers for tryouts just to light a fire under his ass.

Too bad Rizzi is prob still pissed at us for not giving him a shot to be HC here, would love to have him back as ST coach

Sanders performance has declined for 2 seasons now. If we do make it to the playoffs and need him to make a 52 yarder to win a game who has any confidence that he will make it?

He’s perfect from 40-49.

Yes but look at his ranking this year. He’s 35th in accuracy. Last year he was at or the very bottom too. He’s 2 for his last 10 at 50+ when the league average is around 65%. It’s not just the 29 yarder. It’s that he’s now useless from 50+ and that’s not good enough in todays game when that kick gets made 65% of time. What happens when we need a 51 yarder to win a game? His accuracy is a real problem for 1 and a half seasons and counting.

Back
Top Bottom