Bring in competition for | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in competition for

Bring back Willie Beecher.................................View attachment 122265

Any one remember our QB Mackey hugging the ref?

I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS GAME!!!
Which is a big deal because I was 8 and lived in rural Michigan with no cable tv so seeing ANY Dolphins game was like an unexpected treat.

Sanders atleast had the "he's perfect under 50" going for him.

But after missing that 27 yarder, yeah, I think we all understand why McDaniel may make a "questionable" coaching decision.

I mean let's face it. Do you trust your offense to pick up 4th and 5 or Sanders to make a 43 yard FG now.

If it's a punt, it's an easy decision.

But, atleast if you go for it on 4th and miss, you're still better off then missing that FG and losing the additional 7 or 8 yards whatever it is lol.
IT WAS THE WIND DAMIT

What is remarkable is that all training camp he was supposedly nailing every kick, and from beyond 50. He must be a literal head case right now.

What is remarkable is that all training camp he was supposedly nailing every kick, and from beyond 50. He must be a literal head case right now.
I watched him kick 40 times in Detroit warmups and he never missed even when over 50 yards but the miss in Chicago was a drag. It looked like more than the wind.

I've really liked Sanders over the years but when a kicker starts go south the decision starts to become inevitable. He needs to get his technique cleaned up soon! To be fair that 27 yarder was mostly a wind issue but still... 27 yds and it wasn't even close. Tough luck - that kick and our late redzone issues cost me a bundle. I had Miami to cover the 3.5 spread everywhere.

I think With 90 guys in camp every year you should always have 2 FB, K, P, LS. Always need competition and to keep the vets hungry.

Sanders got complacent, which is the worst thing you can be.

I’d take a shot with whoever the chargers let go of between Cam Dicker and Dustin Hopkins. At least bring them in to look at.

Back
Top Bottom