Bring in Josh McKown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Josh McKown

stickman

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I like the kid. Strong arm, young, and is accurate when he is not under pressure all the time. Face it, Arizonas offensife line sucks. Bring him in to compete with Gus, and who knows, maybe the kid wins the job. Plus he would come cheap. I would love to have Brees but after he said he might not play in 2006, forget it. Would love to have Culpepper too if the price is right. Unfortunately our options are running out. I trust Saban will do the right thing.

stickman said:
I like the kid. Strong arm, young, and is accurate when he is not under pressure all the time. Face it, Arizonas offensife line sucks. Bring him in to compete with Gus, and who knows, maybe the kid wins the job. Plus he would come cheap. I would love to have Brees but after he said he might not play in 2006, forget it. Would love to have Culpepper too if the price is right. Unfortunately our options are running out. I trust Saban will do the right thing.

Where did you hear Brees "might not play in 2006" ? The only thing I've heard is that he's ahead of schedule with his rehab. As for McCown...he's not going to be all that cheap. He's going to want starter money.

McKown is considered a second tier QB so we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him.

I've always liked McCown, he would certainly be someone I'd be interested in contacting if all else fails to fall through with Brees / Culpepper.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

late again said:
Where did you hear Brees "might not play in 2006" ? The only thing I've heard is that he's ahead of schedule with his rehab. As for McCown...he's not going to be all that cheap. He's going to want starter money.

He mentioned in as a "worst case scenario" in an interview yesterday talking about the Chargers essentially shoving him out the door. I don't have the link, but it is on several different threads.

Josh McCown 2005 stats:
Att: 270
Comp: 163
Pct: 60.4
Yards: 1836
TD: 9
Int: 11
Rate: 74.9

Not bad Considering he was playing behind that horrible offensive line.

Phins28 said:
Josh McCown 2005 stats:
Att: 270
Comp: 163
Pct: 60.4
Yards: 1836
TD: 9
Int: 11
Rate: 74.9

Not bad Considering he was playing behind that horrible offensive line.

You guys are grabbing at straws. The knock on McCown is his decision making, which apparently is lacking. The coaching staff reportedly sees him as being no better than Frerotte, and his career resume seems to back that up.

We dont need someone who lost his job to Kurt Warner!:sidelol:

stickman said:

I agree, I guess he is the third option now. It would be nice to have him here behind either DC or Brees due to the injury rehab for both.

Come on guys! Why would you want to bring in another back up, another second tier guy??? We have a chance at getting either Culpepper or Brees!!! Both of those guys are great QB's, top flight QB's, franchise QBs, which is what we have been missing since Dan. If we can't land either one of those guys, then I say keep Gus, address other needs, and draft a rookie. If we don't get either one of those guys, then we have more money for Hartwig, Arrington, Shaffer, Mawae, Sam Adams, Givens, T.O., or any of the other free agents linked with Miami. So if we don't land a top QB, yes it would suck, but we could land several other great players at other positions that we need.

massi20 said:
Come on guys! Why would you want to bring in another back up, another second tier guy???

Who do you suggest if we can't get Culpepper or Brees?

We need a Plan B, and I like McCown the most.

You dont make a desperate move and sign anyone you can.:shakeno:

I suggest sticking with Gus another year. Address other needs with the money that we don't spend on a back up caliber QB. Draft a rookie or wait until next year. But there is no reason to throw starter money at a McCown or a Ramsey when they have not proven to be quality QBs. Then we screw ourselves once again Jay Fieldler style. So I hope to God we get either Culpepper or Brees.

Back
Top Bottom